~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

210729122738-01-biden-0715-restricted-su
WWW.CNN.COM

President Joe Biden on Thursday called on Congress to extend the eviction moratorium set to expire on Saturday that prohibits landlords nationwide from evicting certain tenants who fail to pay rent amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

President Joe Biden on Thursday called on Congress to extend the eviction moratorium set to expire on Saturday that prohibits landlords nationwide from evicting certain tenants who fail to pay rent amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Supreme Court last month allowed the order issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to stay in place until July 31, but said congressional action would be needed to extend it past that date.

"Given the recent spread of the Delta variant, including among those Americans both most likely to face evictions and lacking vaccinations, President Biden would have strongly supported a decision by the CDC to further extend this eviction moratorium to protect renters at this moment of heightened vulnerability. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has made clear that this option is no longer available," White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement on Thursday.

This could very well turn into a very nasty powder keg.

6 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Why was this done at the last minute? Why not yesterday? Monday? Last Thursday? Are there no Project Managers there? Ridiculous! The problem isn't that the time ran out, the problem is they just didn't fucking do it any other time.

The answer to that is fairly easy, they didn't want to/didn't care.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I bet she's all about the degenerate meal known as "brunch" too.

22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Brunch is good!

Okay, what if we get Wade some boiled wine, boiled eggs, and a side of boiled potatoes and boiled bread?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"Brunch" is bourgeois liberal nonsense.

It may be that, but also it's an excuse to drink cheap sparking wine and eat well prepared breakfast foods I would otherwise not eat because it's too much work to do it myself. Eggs Benedict, anything with lox and capers, even a high quality fried chicken and waffles. 

The trick is to fuck up your sleep schedule to the point where what "meal" it's supposed to be has lost all meaning, then you can like eat fried chicken and beer or whatever for "breakfast." No need for justifying having mimosas or bloody marys to justify the fact that you just want to get drunk at 10am.

Big brain moves.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Absolutely why, even for selfish reasons, rich nations should suspect any idea of booster shots until all countries have access to the first two shots.

Lol that would require populations caring about other countries. Especially countries that aren't a shade of white. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Looks like I’ll be wfh for the indefinite future which is great because I love rolling out of bed to the computer and taking lunch naps.

That’s my husband. Spends the day in lounge pants or shorts, when it’s slow, he’ll do some minor weightlifting or push-ups, etc. 

The job he got in April was always meant to be remote, so nothing will change for him. They’re located in AZ.