South Carolina debate thread, Bloomberg will focus solely on Sanders

3 minutes ago, johnny said:

Bernie had a rough first half but the second half he did fine. I feel like a few of the other people did considerably worse. They didn’t get shot down but they pissed away their talking time way too often. 

That’s fair. I thought Sanders improved the last third. He had some pretty poor moments earlier though. When he talked about his D rating with the NRA, it didn’t land. 

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I keep telling people: whatever they think of good zingers Sanders can or could get, his consistent message is what impresses people. His way of breaking down his ideology and the need for his reforms and how the economy is rigged is what impresses people. 

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I keep telling people: whatever they think of good zingers Sanders can or could get, his consistent message is what impresses people. His way of breaking down his ideology and the need for his reforms and how the economy is rigged is what impresses people. 

26% to 21%

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

More irrelevant nonsense. You're talking about Bernie like the lead he has isn't within or just outside the margin of error for a minor plurality. It's nauseating.

Nah, it's relevant. You like that kind of stuff in debates. It's fun! But I prefer a platform that's easy to grasp and appealing to people, which is why he rarely has a bad performance. The only person who came close is an inconsistent debater.

12 minutes ago, Jose said:

Bernie would refuse Bloombeev's help in the general? What a fucking idiot. 

His whole campaign is based around rejecting money from billionaires and special interest groups and being for the people by the people.

What would make him a “fucking idiot” would be to come out and say he would accept Bloomberg’s money.

3 hours ago, Jose said:

Bernie would refuse Bloomberg's help in the general? What a fucking idiot. 

Makes him a smart man to me. Him accepting money from that shitstain would completely go against his ideals and his entire platform, and while Republicans eat that shit up as their only actual ideal is "win elections," people who like Bernie do not, because they want actual policy from someone with integrity. A really foreign concept these days, I know. 

People gravitate towards Bernie not because he's a great debater, but because he's authentic and consistent. That alone is so refreshing in politics - the fact that he's trying to help the poor and working classes in a real way, and is clearly against corruption by not accepting any corporate money or "dark" money makes him a rare person of integrity in major politics. You get that sense when you listen to him and what he's saying. You can disagree with some of his policy ideas and policy proposals, but a genuinely authentic person who is far left on social values (and economic values which rub some the wrong way, but social values alone is a huge get) who is actually a career politician qualified for the position, who has proven time and again as a mayor, congressman, and now senator, that he's quite capable of running government to boot? 

All of that alone is rare as shit. Imagine what that could do in just 4 years, even with all that's working against him. Trump has proven the power of the presidency is larger than we even thought, so if that was used for good instead of evil? Yeah, I'll vote for that. Bernie isn't perfect, but he's certainly more trustworthy and honest overall than fucking Bloomberg, Biden, or Buttigieg, and that's with me not even going into the policy proposals of each.