What are you playing today?

On 8/4/2021 at 6:56 PM, LionFranco said:

Been playing FFXII on PS5, Story of Seasons: PoOT on Switch ( i need to start Skyward Sword) and FFXIV and FF1 on PC. I'm going to play FF2 and 3 on PC, and 5 when it comes out, as i never finished those.

Speaking of Story of Seasons and Switch games, looks like Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town coming to PC. Another one bites the dust. Hope @Xbob42 didn't pick this one up.

@ManUtdRedDevils playing this on his deck 100%

3 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Still steadily making my way through Skyward Sword. It’s funny to use some of these items and think “yeah, this definitely wasn’t designed to be used with a regular controller” but then realize that flailing around with a Wiimote wouldn’t make it better

I will eventually go back to it. The motion controls and the camera issue really put a sour taste in my mouth. You're a soldier for keeping at it.

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Great game. Played it at launch and little while after. Addicting and fun. Gunplay imo is the best ever. I know you're a veteran with the cod games so maybe you have a different opinion. 

Nope I agree. That is why I returned to it. Bungie does FPS very well.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I will eventually go back to it. The motion controls and the camera issue really put a sour taste in my mouth. You're a soldier for keeping at it.

I never even tried the motion controls. Using the pro controller is fine. The camera is unfortunate, but honestly it hasn't been an issue after the first couple hours (my latest save says 14 hours). I have minor gripes, but overall I'm enjoying it a lot. I wouldn't say I'm soldiering through it or anything like that. 

8 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I never even tried the motion controls. Using the pro controller is fine. The camera is unfortunate, but honestly it hasn't been an issue after the first couple hours (my latest save says 14 hours). I have minor gripes, but overall I'm enjoying it a lot. I wouldn't say I'm soldiering through it or anything like that. 

I tried motion and it was a joke. Like you,  after a few hours I got used to the controls. I'll eventually go back to beat this game. It read 10+ hours for me and I was having a good time. Ghost of Tsushima grabbed my attention away from Zelda lol.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:50 PM, best3444 said:

Great game. Played it at launch and little while after. Addicting and fun. Gunplay imo is the best ever. I know you're a veteran with the cod games so maybe you have a different opinion. 

I remember quitting soon after Beyond Light was released (even though I bought the expansion) just because it felt so underwhelming. I know a LOT of people got pissed at the game right about at that point and left as well. But your post makes me wonder if it turned around and got better (making it worth firing it up again). I quit right about the time they started removing TONS of content that I had paid for, and like a lot of other people, I was really annoyed at the time. Has the game improved since then?

Ive been in a rut of buying a game, play for a little while, never finish or get back to it. Because of that, ive been on a gaming hiatus for the last few months…

however, I jumped back into Outriders and finally finished the campaign and all the side missions. Im now in the endgame grind of expeditions, not sure I have it in me to grind out the 40K pods to actually complete the final FINAL mission - but I have to say I really enjoyed this game. Its a shame it didnt get more praise or attention, which is apparent bc its tough to find matches to jump into.  

I think Ill jump back into Ratchet and Clank after this bc I was absolutely having a blast with that game and then…just stopped. 

Trying to get into Dark Souls 3 once again, for the third time now, and again it's probably the least I've ever enjoyed a Souls game. The whole Road Of Sacrifices stretch is so boring and phoned-in. Abyss Watchers is a cool boss fight and then it's straight into the even more boring, by-the-numbers Catacombs segment. 

I just replayed Demon's Souls twice earlier this year and last year the first Dark Souls and they're both still incredible games. There's just something off with this one in my opinion. 

On a whim, I fired up DC Universe Online and tried playing that again. I tried playing it a bunch of times in the past and never really could get into it, but I had a real superhero craving, so I started it back up again at the start of the holiday weekend, and I had a good enough time that I continued on throughout the weekend, falling into my rut of creating multiple characters and then going back and starting over again. I usually choose a Superman-esque type of character, but this time around I've started up a Batman-like character named Shroudmaker, and so far it's keeping my attention.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:33 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe you were up against Utada Hikaru

Maybe also Steve Weibie, Billy Mitchell or any of the twelve year old zoomers who keep killing me five minutes into Apex Legends rounds. 

Regardless I was thrilled w/ myself to keep up for ten or so minutes on lvl 10 starting speed and when the round was over the score was like 760,000+ vs 80,000.  :lol: 

It's not even the fact that it happens, but how often.  When it seems like all anyone wants to talk about is AAA stuff, recent indies or Nintendo sometimes it's surprising how popular and seriously-played a game like this still is.