What are you playing today?

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Shut the fuck up and play a goddamn game you fucking cuck. 

Imma continue Ori tomorrow. I worked 12 hours today and I'm exhausted. I was sound asleep at 10pm and got a call from my boss telling me I need to be a supervisor from 3am-7am. It was pretty devastating. Waking up at 230am for work just feels wrong.

I genuinely can't tell if I'm getting more skilled at Virtua Fighter or if everyone else is just that bad (or inexperienced, this one seems to be the first time in for many playing it).  Started RE8 and digging it so far (and what an opening hour, holy fuck). Serious Sam, to scratch that fast-paced first person shooter itch.  And Ninja Gaiden 3:RE. Pleasantly surprised by it so far and don't think it's nearly as bad as a lot of impressions I read made it out to be.

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm currently in a gaming rut so I'm not playing anything. This is a huge deal guys because I should be playing games everyday! Wtf should I do @BloodyHell!?

This is serious business guys. 

Grow up? Maybe seek therapy? 

And im not making fun, i see a therapist every week. 

Or, you can pretend im the one with the problem and make snide remarks. Whatever floats your barely buoyant boat. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

JFC, watching you two is painful. 

I was just making light how he is so concerned that I'm in a gaming rut. He lost his mind. I was just poking the bear. 

Anyway, gaming rut ended today because I played 3 solid hours of Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Such a cool game and they keep it fresh with constant upgrades. The only thing I dislike is back tracking which can get confusing where to go next. Overall, it's an excellent game!

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I was just making light how he is so concerned that I'm in a gaming rut. He lost his mind. I was just poking the bear. 

Anyway, gaming rut ended today because I played 3 solid hours of Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Such a cool game and they keep it fresh with constant upgrades. The only thing I dislike is back tracking which can get confusing where to go next. Overall, it's an excellent game!

It was mostly his reaction. But I'm glad you're enjoying a game.

8 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

R&C Rift Apart - Man I didn’t realize how much I missed R&C. I will definitely get the Plat for this game. It makes me weirdly excited for Psychonauts 2. 

How about dem visuals?

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It was mostly his reaction. But I'm glad you're enjoying a game.

I went back to play even more Ori and figured out a section I was stuck on! Such a magical game. If you never played it I highly recommend you do.

Ori is one of the least ambiguous Metroidvania's I've played about this.  But it's a good stepping stone, too.

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Ori is one of the least ambiguous Metroidvania's I've played about this.  But it's a good stepping stone, too.

Well I was being stupid and didn't have to back track as far as I thought. I figured out how to access an area by utilizing an enemy. It was my own fault. Also, I'm a complete rookie when it comes to metroidvania type games.

Well I was being stupid and didn't have to back track as far as I thought. I figured out how to access an area by utilizing an enemy. It was my own fault. Also, I'm a complete rookie when it comes to metroidvania type games.

You’ve got a whole unexplored genre of classics to get to then. ;) 

• Thanks 1

Platted Ratchet and Clank. So need to go back to my TLOU2 replay and back to Jedi Fallen Order and Metro LL. Also played NFSHP:R and uh I think this game was massively overrated. The tracks are all generic and for a game about police chases they are way too many time trials.

10 hours ago, Dodger said:

Platted Ratchet and Clank. So need to go back to my TLOU2 replay and back to Jedi Fallen Order and Metro LL. 

Very good lineup :thumbup:

13 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

You’ve got a whole unexplored genre of classics to get to then. ;) 

I did beat Symphony of the Night back in HS when it released. I'll have to check out the lists in that thread. Metroidvania games aren't my favorite genre obviously. Ori just took me by surprise and has made me appreciate these types of games.

On 6/25/2021 at 3:17 PM, best3444 said:

Dude, you came into a thread about beating games and called for me directly. I told you to seek help. I had left the other thread long ago, YOU actively tried to continue the nonsense.

You weren't making light of anything, because I wasn't concerned about anything. I told you if you didn't feel like gaming, don't force yourself to, because gaming is supposed to be enjoyable, not a chore. I wasn't mad, as you try to claim, just pointing out that forcing yourself to play games when you don't want to is absurd, just do something else. 

If you don't want answers you don't like, don't ask questions. If giving you an honest answer makes you so upset that you need to drag it into other threads, thats on you.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Dude, you came into a thread about beating games and called for me directly. I told you to seek help. I had left the other thread long ago, YOU actively tried to continue the nonsense.

You weren't making light of anything, because I wasn't concerned about anything. I told you if you didn't feel like gaming, don't force yourself to, because gaming is supposed to be enjoyable, not a chore. I wasn't mad, as you try to claim, just pointing out that forcing yourself to play games when you don't want to is absurd, just do something else. 

If you don't want answers you don't like, don't ask questions. If giving you an honest answer makes you so upset that you need to drag it into other threads, thats on you.

I was honest to God joking around and took NONE of this personally. Relax, I'll be sure not to kid around with you. I was in a gaming rut and that was that. I admit, dragging you into this thread was me being a smartass but I literally was just joking. 

I understand it can be difficult to read others from message boards and I apologize if you got annoyed by me. I'll be sure to tread lightly around you. I like you as a poster and I usually agree with a lot that you say. It's all good. 👍 

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

The remake? How is it? I played Sevret, and I honestly prefer the original.

Yes, the remake. I really liked it. I did play Secret of Mana on SNES. The combat is quite different. Instead of hit, retreat while the power meter refills, repeat, it's mostly mash the attack button a bunch of times followed by heavy attack. Sometimes you have to use charged and jumping attacks and you can dodge attacks so it's not completely mindless. I once attempted to start the original but never got around to devoting the time to play it (especially since I knew I'd want to play each of the story paths) but I enjoyed finishing the remake 3 times in a row.

23 hours ago, dualhunter said:

Yes, the remake. I really liked it. I did play Secret of Mana on SNES. The combat is quite different. Instead of hit, retreat while the power meter refills, repeat, it's mostly mash the attack button a bunch of times followed by heavy attack. Sometimes you have to use charged and jumping attacks and you can dodge attacks so it's not completely mindless. I once attempted to start the original but never got around to devoting the time to play it (especially since I knew I'd want to play each of the story paths) but I enjoyed finishing the remake 3 times in a row.

Ill definitely check it out. I love these games. My copy of Secret of Mana is still here with its box, its probably in my top 10 favorite SNES games, and SNES has so many games I love.

I got it for xmas, because thats when we got games. It was a small community, and we did soooo much game trading, because none of us could just afford games. We would literally plan purchases so none of us qere getting the same games, lol. Those memories are incredible. What a different time.