What are you playing today?

On 5/8/2021 at 6:49 AM, gamer.tv said:

Some FF7 - up to Chapter 10 now. Nth wife is playing New Pokemon Snap and loving it. Also, at some point today I’ll finish another Eternal Darkness chapter.

This but with chapter 12, no Eternal Darkness but a lot of working/sleeping thrown in the mix.

Of all things, Pokemon Soul Silver. I’ve been reading about Sword and Shield and for no real reason, want them. That’s not happening as I have a load of games to play, so picking Soul Silver back up kills the urge. I’m in some psychic, burned city place.

Update: I now have the fog badge and an overwhelming desire to have a fantastic 6 Pokemon line up despite the fact I know nothing about Pokemon strategy. At the moment I have:

Croconaw

Raticate

Machop

Vulpix

Flaafy

Pidgeotto

I think I’m going to bump Flaafy for Magnemite and hopefully get a less rubbish fire type and something more interesting than Raticate/Machop as they’re just boring looking.

I played some

1. PSO New Genesis - I got past the tutorial part, was going to come back but I ended up doing other things
  2. Tooled around on my Animal Crossing island. I found some nice edges so I can make planter boxes and such. Can you believe it says I have 485 hours in this game!??! :shock:
  3. Played some Outriders, made a little progress. I'm like level 20, World Tier 8 now. I don't know if I ran into that bug or if it's just a powerful boss but the guy can one shot me some time. Annoying.
  4. Daily Genshin play

@best3444

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I played some

1. PSO New Genesis - I got past the tutorial part, was going to come back but I ended up doing other things
  2. Tooled around on my Animal Crossing island. I found some nice edges so I can make planter boxes and such. Can you believe it says I have 485 hours in this game!??! :shock:
  3. Played some Outriders, made a little progress. I'm like level 20, World Tier 8 now. I don't know if I ran into that bug or if it's just a powerful boss but the guy can one shot me some time. Annoying.
  4. Daily Genshin play

@best3444

Other than your PC, what do you own?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Other than your PC, what do you own?

Well I have  a Switch. I played animal crossing on it

I have an XboneX, which is what I used to play Outriders on.

I have a PS4, and I didn't play anything on that. :p

Then I use ipad for other games I didn't mention and no one cares about mobile here other than @DPCyric

16 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Played some Outriders, made a little progress. I'm like level 20, World Tier 8 now. I don't know if I ran into that bug or if it's just a powerful boss but the guy can one shot me some time.

Ok I ended up beating this guy. Just had to play in a weird way. :p

I need to have a clear out and sort of the games in our house - but after discussion I traded in a Wii U Pro Controller and Breath of the Wild (Wii U) for BotW on the Switch. Both my wife and I wanted to play it again, but no chance we’re setting the Wii U up. In fact, I’ll put it back k in its box and put some plastic on it and attic it - it’s the Wind Walker version so chances are will be worth a bomb in 5 years.

Played the Wrath of the Druids for AC: Valhalla.

It is very similar to the base game, with the "Druids" being the major new combat challenge (they are more challenging than combat in the base game, but still pretty easy).

After not playing the game much for the last few months, it was actually a ton of fun to get back into the game.  So far, the entire pack (I'm ~10 hours in, entered last area in the map) has taken place in the historical time frame, with no references to the Isu.

Well worth it, if you've taken a break from the base game for a few months.  But, it won't change anyone's opinion on AC: Valhalla.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It is very similar to the base game, with the "Druids" being the major new combat challenge (they are more challenging than combat in the base game, but still pretty easy).

After not playing the game much for the last few months, it was actually a ton of fun to get back into the game.  So far, the entire pack (I'm ~10 hours in, entered last area in the map) has taken place in the historical time frame, with no references to the Isu.

Well worth it, if you've taken a break from the base game for a few months.  But, it won't change anyone's opinion on AC: Valhalla.

Thanks for the impressions. My nephew is currently playing the dlc and basically has the same opinion as you. I just don't think I'll get it because I still haven't beaten the main game. I have to finish it at some point but that will be enough Valhalla for me. Plus I have other games I want to move on to.

13 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Can we all take a moment as a message board of people that enjoy playing games to appreciate this.

Yea, that's something I'm striving for. About 21 years and I'll be 60 yrs old with 35 yrs with the state. So yea, I'm not even close to living the dream like he is.

56 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, that's something I'm striving for. About 21 years and I'll be 60 yrs old with 35 yrs with the state. So yea, I'm not even close to living the dream like he is.

And if you get married and have a kid, you will be working until you are 70

22 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

And if you get married and have a kid, you will be working until you are 70

Very fucking true.

12 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

He wants that married life. 

Hate It 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

I'm leaning that way in my mind. I need to meet a good Christian woman. How? I think I might start attending church and maybe meet someone that way. Who knows. I'm getting too fucking old. :(

10 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I’m currently playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and nearing the end of the main storyline, so I bought the Wrath of the Druids expansion so that I could play it now since once I finish the game I probably won’t want to come back to it since I have so many other games to play. When would be the best time to play Wrath of the Druids IYO, before or after finishing the main storyline?

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

I’m 51, single and don’t have kids. That’s the upside, but the downside is that I had to retire early because I have DKA so I’m fatigued and weak a lot of the time these days. I don’t have the stamina to marathon games now like I did when I was younger, but on my better days I can still play for a pretty good amount of time.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm leaning that way in my mind. I need to meet a good Christian woman. How? I think I might start attending church and maybe meet someone that way. Who knows. I'm getting too fucking old. :(

The funny thing is that I seem to be more attractive to women now at 51 than I was when I was younger, they smile and flirt with me a lot of the time when I’m out and about which they almost never did in my younger years. I’m thinner, have salt and pepper hair/beard and an overall better friendlier personality. Also, I’m told that I look like I’m in my 40s instead of my 50s - I’ve always had a somewhat youthful appearance. But due to my fairly poor health these days I’m not really interested in being in a relationship. I’ve pretty much accepted that I’m going to be single for the remainder of my life which I’m fine with, I have 500+ PS4 games to play after all. :p

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I’m currently playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and nearing the end of the main storyline, so I bought the Wrath of the Druids expansion so that I could play it now since once I finish the game I probably won’t want to come back to it since I have so many other games to play. When would be the best time to play Wrath of the Druids IYO, before or after finishing the main storyline?

I’m 51, single and don’t have kids. That’s the upside, but the downside is that I had to retire early because I have DKA so I’m fatigued and weak a lot of the time these days. I don’t have the stamina to marathon games now like I did when I was younger, but on my better days I can still play for a pretty good amount of time.

The funny thing is that I seem to be more attractive to women now at 51 than I was when I was younger, they smile and flirt with me a lot of the time when I’m out and about which they almost never did in my younger years. I’m thinner, have salt and pepper hair/beard and an overall better friendlier personality. Also, I’m told that I look like I’m in my 40s instead of my 50s - I’ve always had a somewhat youthful appearance. But due to my fairly poor health these days I’m not really interested in being in a relationship. I’ve pretty much accepted that I’m going to be single for the remainder of my life which I’m fine with, I have 500+ PS4 games to play after all. :p

Sorry to hear about your health. I'm happy that you have your good days and can enjoy gaming. Yea, I'm starting to think maybe I'll be alone for the rest of my life and that is ok to me. It gets lonely but my responsibilities are really low. It frees up gaming time for sure. I just don't know. I'm confused. At least I have my health and have a good job etc. I try to stay positive. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

:p

Probably after.  IMHO, the Valhalla main campaign comes to a pretty satisfying conclusion -- and the pacing would probably be screwed up if you went to Ireland for 15 hours of gameplay.  So far, however, it doesn't tie into the main storyline at all -- so it probably doesn't matter.

It does introduce a couple of small gameplay mechanics -- but they're really inconsequential.

• Thanks 2

On 5/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Well I have  a Switch. I played animal crossing on it

I have an XboneX, which is what I used to play Outriders on.

I have a PS4, and I didn't play anything on that. :p

Then I use ipad for other games I didn't mention and no one cares about mobile here other than @DPCyric

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Ys VIII on Switch. I like that I can play for 20-30 minutes and feel like I’ve made progress, at least so far. 

Solid title. I got close to beating it but stopped for some reason I can't remember. Fun fluid combat with a fun story and characters. 

Resident Evil 8 is on the shelf since I am down the shore for a break and the PS5 is too massive to lug around. Playing Mass Effect Trilogy, Psychonauts, and Destroy all Humans. I love quick resume. It makes it super easy to play multiple games at once.