What are you playing today?

So I was a little disappointed in the reviews bravely default 2 got so I didn't pick it up right away holy hell these reviewers just suck at video games. At least half the reviews I read said it was super grindy with massive difficulty spikes but I'm just not finding that to be the case at all. I'm 33 hours in and have done literally zero grinding, in fact I avoid a ton of encounters.

The game is incredibly punishing if you don't strategize, if you get greedy and brave too much on a boss you're going to die but it is never unfair, it simply rewards patience and planning which is EXACTLY what I want from a turn-based RPG.

I highly highly recommend this one if you like this style of game the job system is amazing and I'm glad I didn't listen to reviews. The story is ass (very cookie cutter)  but the characters are infinitely more likeable and relatable than the first bravely default game. :sick:

Since I am pretty much stuck in bed (still very uncomfortable in a chair) I am playing the following games on my phone:

Langrisser

Arknights

Genshin Impact

Honkai Impact 3rd

Call of Duty Mobile

Exos Heroes 

MTG Arena

Birdie Crush

FOG Battle Royale

Survival Heroes 

Guardian Tales

Royal Crown

Invictus: Lost Soul

Shadow Hunter

TenkafuMA

When I am comfortable sitting at my desk again I plan on making a big mobile gaming thread if a few people would be interested in it :thinking:

3 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Since I am pretty much stuck in bed (still very uncomfortable in a chair) I am playing the following games on my phone:

Genshin Impact

When I am comfortable sitting at my desk again I plan on making a big mobile gaming thread if a few people would be interested in it :thinking:

Gimmie your Genshin friend ID or whatever.

I quit playing A Knight’s Quest for various reasons (mainly because the MC SUCKS!!!!), and started playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey which I’m really enjoying. I like it even more than Origins which was the last AC game that I played. It feels more like a standalone open world action RPG similar to something like The Witcher III than an AC game, and that’s a good thing as I was starting to get a little burned out on the usual AC formula after Syndicate. Of course Origins was somewhat of a departure from that formula as well, but still felt like an AC game in a lot of ways and I didn’t really like Bayek. Odyssey is an even bigger departure feeling very little like an AC game, and I love Kassandra. <3

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

I quit playing A Knight’s Quest for various reasons (mainly because the MC SUCKS!!!!), and started playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey which I’m really enjoying. I like it even more than Origins which was the last AC game that I played. It feels more like a standalone open world action RPG similar to something like The Witcher III than an AC game, and that’s a good thing as I was starting to get a little burned out on the usual AC formula after Syndicate. Of course Origins was somewhat of a departure from that formula as well, but still felt like an AC game in a lot of ways and I didn’t really like Bayek. Odyssey is an even bigger departure feeling very little like an AC game, and I love Kassandra. <3

Great game and it's MASSIVE. Took me nearly 70 hours just to beat the campaign. I honestly think it's too big for it's own good. That's why I prefer Valhalla because it's smaller in scale and not as congested.

Still, Odyssey is really good but get ready to grind in this one. Missions sometimes don't open up until a certain level which just pads more playing time for no reason. 

20 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

So I was a little disappointed in the reviews bravely default 2 got so I didn't pick it up right away holy hell these reviewers just suck at video games. At least half the reviews I read said it was super grindy with massive difficulty spikes but I'm just not finding that to be the case at all. I'm 33 hours in and have done literally zero grinding, in fact I avoid a ton of encounters.

The game is incredibly punishing if you don't strategize, if you get greedy and brave too much on a boss you're going to die but it is never unfair, it simply rewards patience and planning which is EXACTLY what I want from a turn-based RPG.

I highly highly recommend this one if you like this style of game the job system is amazing and I'm glad I didn't listen to reviews. The story is ass (very cookie cutter)  but the characters are infinitely more likeable and relatable than the first bravely default game. :sick:

The game is fantastic. I am 35 hours in and having a great time. Its one of my favorite JRPG's of all time.

On 3/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, BlueAngel said:

Just started my 4th playthrough of RDR2, for some reason I can't play long after the Epilogue. I get bored and start to miss being

Hide contents

Arthur

I’ve been getting the itch to play this again. Only thing stopping me is the massive time commitment when my backlog is already fucked thanks to games pass.

On 3/17/2021 at 1:38 PM, best3444 said:

Great game and it's MASSIVE. Took me nearly 70 hours just to beat the campaign. I honestly think it's too big for it's own good. That's why I prefer Valhalla because it's smaller in scale and not as congested.

Still, Odyssey is really good but get ready to grind in this one. Missions sometimes don't open up until a certain level which just pads more playing time for no reason. 

You weren’t kidding about Assassin’s Creed Odyssey being massive, I’ve played it for roughly 50 hours now and have only uncovered about half of the map so far. There’s quests upon quests everywhere, and more keep popping up.

I’m having a great time with the game, the mix of hack-and-slash combat and stealth is a lot of fun. The ship combat is good, too. It was overdone in Black Flag IMO, but here it’s just enough to give some variety to what you do.

Some quests are basic/recycled such as the delivery/fetch ones and could have been left out of the game because all that you do in them is go from point A to B, but most of the quests are entertaining with their own mini-stories that make them interesting.

The game feels more like The Witcher III than an Assassin’s Creed game, and I’m fine with that as I was starting to get tired of the usual AC formula.

2 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

You weren’t kidding about Assassin’s Creed Odyssey being massive, I’ve played it for roughly 50 hours now and have only uncovered about half of the map. There’s quests upon quests everywhere, and more keep popping up.

I’m having a great time with the game, the mix of hack-and-slash combat and stealth is a lot of fun. The ship combat is good, too. It was overdone in Black Flag IMO, but here it’s just enough to give some variety to what you do.

Some quests are basic/recycled such as the delivery/fetch ones and could have been left out of the game because all that you do in them is go from point A to B, but most of the quests are entertaining with their own mini-stories that make them interesting.

The game feels more like The Witcher III than an Assassin’s Creed game, and I’m fine with that as I was starting to get tired of the usual AC formula.

Yup. Minus a few flaws that is a great game. I agree with your points and I felt just completing the main campaign was perfectly satisfying for my time with the game. I was forced to do side quests to level which took away a little bit of fun I was having. Glad you’re having a good time with the game.

I got into Shadow Tactics the other night. It's a really fun and cool game but man, the controls are taking some getting used to. The camera controls are brutal and I feel like I'm fighting the camera more than the actual game...just feels like a bizarre camera system overall. 

5 hours ago, silentbob said:

I’m sad to admit I’ve been playing a ton of COD in Nuketown. Loving the sound from my Microsoft Wireless headset and recommend a buy.

Why are you sad you are enjoying CoD? It’s one of the most popular online FPS ever. 

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

I keep telling you. ReViEwS aRe JuSt PeOpLeS oPiNiOnS

I know. I usually only look at what easy allies rates the game because I think they review games really well. Overall, you make a valid point. I should start to just play games I know I'll enjoy and really not take reviews into account. 

Finally. . . FINALLY finished Assassins Creed Odyssey; that game seemed neverending, not going anywhere near Valhalla; just can't do another one anytime soon.

Anyway, I'm playing RE2 Remake(Claire) and possibly will fire up one of the old GTA's(3, VC, or SA)

Wreckfest on Game Pass. I am not a big racing fan but the game is legit fun so far. It has a lot of game type variations that keeps it fresh and the arcade controls makes it easy to pick up and have fun. Runs really well on the SeX. 

5 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Just played through the very cool part of Control. I don’t think I’ve found a segment as cool since Alan Wake...which makes sense.

I think Control is underrated. It was pure action pack fun all the way to the end. I never was bored and it's game length is spot on.