What are you playing today?

On 2/19/2021 at 9:19 PM, nublood said:

Revisiting Horizon Dawn after a year. I really need to finish this game. lol

I had to fight my way through finishing that....figuratively speaking of course. The story never grabbed me and I wasn't particularly fond of Aloy either. Overall, it was good not great. Part 2 has serious potential. 

On 2/19/2021 at 10:02 PM, Dre801 said:

In the same boat, but now I'm sucked into that seemingly never ending game called Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Just focus on the main story. That in itself took me close to 70 hours.

6 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I have both that and 7 on my PS3 but have only touched 7 so far...which I should get back to as I think I’m at the point where the remake ends...

Have you never played 7 before?  Go further with it, yeah.  Avoid spoilers if you can.  I think it's a better game than 9 on the whole.

Persona 5 Royal....have had it and the regular editions forever but only now finally got around to firing it this week. I freaking love the series (have 3 or 4 versions of P3 as well as multiple version of P4) so I have no clue why I waited so long to start playing....well that's not true, I finally fired it up because Strikers was/is out now and I know it's a sequel to P5. only finished the first palace so I know I still way early in the game but damn is it brilliant.

• Like 1

Curse of the Dead Gods. Im absolutely enthralled with it. It's challenging, but not stupidly so. The curses make it interesting, but not crippling. Combat is a lot of fun, and very responsive. The stamina guage makes managing powerful attacks in combat important.

I've only done the first 3 temples so far, took me about 4 tries to beat the first (you go through Temples in kind of an elimination pyramid). Im only just finished the first "level" of temples. 

You earn different gems to permanently unlock buffs and perks that makes each run easier than the last.

There are plenty of traps throughout the map that can be used to hurt and even kill enemies. Bosses are hard, but not stupidly so. You can carry three weapons (main, offhand, and two-hand) and some relics), and there are many weapon types with a variety of stat boosts and elemental damage.

I really suggest everyone try it out if you enjoy top down roguelikes, which I prefer to 2d sidescrolling since I discovered Hades. This team really deserves support, and its absolutely worth the 18$.

I played and finished The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors which is a great retro 2D side scrolling beat-em-up with colorful pixel art/sprite graphics, fun combat and cool music. I think that I will play through it again with a different character, and then move onto something else.

1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

I’ve just started Control and played the first 15 minutes or so. I like it so far but I might need to play it with headphones as it makes my PS4, TLoU: P2 levels of loud.

Started playing Control a few days ago. I bought it for my PC awhile ago and still haven’t played it. Downloaded the PS+ version for my PS5 and am loving it so far. Just wish I could get the 4K options to see the difference between the 2 versions. Creepy as hell on my headphones when I play at night, but I should try it on my projector with my Atmos system.

I'm playing Maneater because it looked like dumb fun and Sony saved me from having to actually buying it.  I'm glad to have played this through Plus as I would have regretted purchasing it at $20 or $30.  The combat is a janky mess and the lack of a proper lock-on makes it all the worse.  Plus, it kinda revealed all its cards at the beginning of the game and its gimmick is wearing out quickly.  I'm still chopping away at it, but I'm unsure as to how much more time I really want to invest in it.