What are you playing today?

Spyro 1 in Spyro Remastered.  I've got so many good things to say about the job Toys for Bob did.  It elevates the game even beyond what the Crash Trilogy accomplished.

Like Crash, I definitely recommend it on PC.  60fps does wonders for Spyro, and the X1X/Pro lack performance modes, and even have framepacing issues at 30fps.  My aging 1060 manages 60fps at ~1300p, with high shadow settings and the like.

Im replaying GoW (slowly) on hard mode ng+ (not gmgow, one step down), getting in some Spider-Man DLC, and then I need to decide between DQ11 and AC Odyssey as my next game. Im excited about both, so it’s basically a coin flip. I also need to beat AC Origins, I just prefer the setting of Odyssey, so I’m going to play that first.

I certainly want this pandemic over, but damn it is nice to go fly fishing every morning and then come home and play games, getting caught up on the games I didn’t have time to play. 

On 7/19/2020 at 9:36 PM, dualhunter said:

Finished Command & Conquer (Tiberium Dawn), started Red Alert.

I need to do this. Though Victoria 2 is consuming my soul. I have to play in spurts though. My chair broke on Monday and my head hit the wall really hard. I have had concussions before but this is the first one that has lasted for days. I am getting better though just need to play games in 20 min spurts.

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Im replaying GoW (slowly) on hard mode ng+ (not gmgow, one step down), getting in some Spider-Man DLC, and then I need to decide between DQ11 and AC Odyssey as my next game. Im excited about both, so it’s basically a coin flip. I also need to beat AC Origins, I just prefer the setting of Odyssey, so I’m going to play that first.

I certainly want this pandemic over, but damn it is nice to go fly fishing every morning and then come home and play games, getting caught up on the games I didn’t have time to play. 

I skipped all that and jumped in to Fallen Order. So far Im enjoying it.

After a week or so of Yakuza, I've returned back to the Last of Us Part 2 and where I was unsure with Yakuza, there is no uncertainty with TLoU. It's such a great game and one of the few games where I don't want to stop playing.

Update:

I also looked at the DS games that I have e available and it’s quite substantial. I think then my summer goals will be to finish the Last of Us 2 and (for the first time) A Link to the Past and possibly one DS game, most likely Soul Silver. 

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

After a week or so of Yakuza, I've returned back to the Last of Us Part 2 and where I was unsure with Yakuza, there is no uncertainty with TLoU. It's such a great game and one of the few games where I don't want to stop playing.

Update:

I also looked at the DS games that I have e available and it’s quite substantial. I think then my summer goals will be to finish the Last of Us 2 and (for the first time) A Link to the Past and possibly one DS game, most likely Soul Silver. 

How far are you in tLoU2? Its long, but not jrpg long or anything 

At the beginning, I wasn’t sure I liked Jedi:Fallen Order, but I just escaped Jeffa after fighting the Walker and I like it a lot. 

I do have gripes about it. Their visual language, guiding your path, is terrible. The mini-map is useless in most situations, and they really could have tightened up the controls. Although getting rid of L2 for climbing improves some things. 

I don’t love it yet, but im having fun. I expect it gets better with more abilities. I just wish Cal’s movement felt, well, tighter. But I think a second game has a a shot at being truly great if they improve the game engine.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:59 PM, BloodyHell said:

At the beginning, I wasn’t sure I liked Jedi:Fallen Order, but I just escaped Jeffa after fighting the Walker and I like it a lot. 

I do have gripes about it. Their visual language, guiding your path, is terrible. The mini-map is useless in most situations, and they really could have tightened up the controls. Although getting rid of L2 for climbing improves some things. 

I don’t love it yet, but im having fun. I expect it gets better with more abilities. I just wish Cal’s movement felt, well, tighter. But I think a second game has a a shot at being truly great if they improve the game engine.

Man this game is buggy. I enjoy playing it, but this is one game that absolutely needed more time in the oven. Even on my pro i get freezing and stuttering, especially in cut scenes. Jumping is an absolute mess any time you need to catch onto or land on anything small like a pipe. 

The combat also needs more tells for certain bosses, so when you need to block/dodge. And again, the visual language of this game is horrible. They could really, really take some lessons from Naighty Dog in that department. 

yet I’m still playing. Guess that makes me a dumbass.

Started up Kingdom Come Deliverance again. Hopefully I'll make a serious run at it this time. I can't pick a lock for shit, as in I can't even get a very easy lock to open. Maybe I've been too spoiled by Bethesda like lockpicking systems. 

Dragon Quest 11 is pretty damn fun. Im surprised how much I like it right now. There is some weirdness, but its a joy to play. Horse from the beginning, running, load times aren’t bad. The music is horrible, snd makes some of the game annoying. Its cool that I have never had the story spoiled for me and that I knew nothing about it. Its not perfect, but its fun.

On 7/28/2020 at 5:06 PM, Dodger said:

Started up Kingdom Come Deliverance again. Hopefully I'll make a serious run at it this time. I can't pick a lock for shit, as in I can't even get a very easy lock to open. Maybe I've been too spoiled by Bethesda like lockpicking systems. 

That’s a game I feel I would enjoy, but I don’t know if I could invest enough time in it.

This weekend will be more Last of Us 2, alongside clearing out my attic, going to the tip and digging up more stones in my garden. 

Edit: I didn’t realise but I’m at the very end of the hame (after having a flick through the chapter titles in a walkthrough).

I’ll have to think about what to start next.

15 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I was playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey but for some reason it won't go past the start screen? I wasn't sure if it was because I unplugged everything for the move or because my internet isn't working? Because of that problem I finally started Tomb Raider which I had been meaning to start.

That’s weird. 

I just started AC Odyssey, but so far it’s definitely the best of the series. I enjoyued Black Flag, as well as Ezio’s story, but I wasn’t in love with it, and I found Origins to be too brown and same-same. I didn’t like Bayek.

I love Kassandra so far, and rhis greek setting is far more interesting to me. Can’t wait for Valhalla.