Jump to content

What are you playing today?


CastlevaniaNut18
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, nublood said:

The new Dungeon and Dragon one. It’s a 3rd person hack n slash. But the combat is pretty deep and it can be played solo or online co-op. I’m a sucker for games like this.

Critics were really down on it when it came out so I just figured that it was a bad game, but I skimmed some gameplay videos of it since you said that you were enjoying it and it looks somewhat similar to The Lord of the Rings: War in the North which I like so I bought it. I’m a sucker for games like this, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Critics were really down on it when it came out so I just figured that it was a bad game, but I skimmed some gameplay videos of it since you said that you were enjoying it and it looks somewhat similar to The Lord of the Rings: War in the North which I like so I bought it. I’m a sucker for games like this, too.

It was really fun with a group but I have no idea how you could solo this game. SOme of the bosses and encounters got really tough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It was really fun with a group but I have no idea how you could solo this game. SOme of the bosses and encounters got really tough.

In that case, I hope that it’s like other co-op games where they tone down the enemy encounters and boss difficulty when playing it solo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

In that case, I hope that it’s like other co-op games where they tone down the enemy encounters and boss difficulty when playing it solo.

I remember this being something reviewers pointed out that the game gets really tough for solo players at certain points. Maybe they toned that down with patches, but it was an issue when the game first came out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This past week, I booted up my PS3 Slim, and got back into FFX HD, which I hadn't played since March of 2015 if my save date is accurate. Was definitely further along in it than I thought I was, but still have many things to tackle. Just made it to Zanarkand Ruins, so look forward to getting the Airship soon, so I can revisit all the different areas where I missed stuff, or can now finally do. 

 

I'm sensing this'll be a year of the RPGs for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Me @JPDunks4 @ARZand @TomCat had a lot of fun beating this when it came out. Have they added anything? I know another character was in the works.

I'm playing Halo multiplayer and Resident Evil Village mostly today. Ready to be done with Village. Next up Horizon Zero Dawn, Dark Souls 2 and Ghost of TSushima DlC. Would like to get another Dying Light run in before the next game comes out. Beat it on PS4 but own it for Xbox as well.


No new characters yet. Just Drizzt, Barbarian, Dwarf and the Ranger. I’m trying to do a solo run with the Barbarian and I’ve beat 7 or 8 areas so far. I do plan on starting a run with the Ranger because I’m missing my ranged combat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chapter 5 on Lost Judgment. I am digging the story so far. The pacing is pretty good for a Yakuza/Judgment game. 
 

I am also playing SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated and I like it so far. It seems like only license games get ridiculous reviews these days. Gamespot gave this game a 2.  The biggest thing for a license game is nailing the license which this game does. If you ever wanted to spend time in SpongeBob’s world, this game is perfect for it. Add a simple gameplay loop that is engaging enough, you got a pretty good license game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought: 

 

Black Mesa

Nier

Obra Dinn

Kentucky Route Zero

 

On the Steam sale, so I'm starting with Black Mesa. Also playing FF14 pretty frequently. 

 

I'd like to go back to Death Loop and finish it up, but man I fell off that game hard. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played through Halo 3 campaign… the design holds up for the most part.. the AI, flood mechanics (spores reviving the dead) are still as good as ever…. the level “The Covenant” still feels large scale and great..

 

the butthole simulator level is still a giant pain, still as easy to get lost as ever…

 

 

Played some Arkham City… feels smallish and quaint nowadays.. still plays solid enough but i do miss some of the advanced me mechanics from Arkham Knight… that Catwoman design remains awful as ever

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

    Just beat MYST and really enjoyed it. It's like 30+ years old but looks fantastic on series X and I had always wanted to play it. Frustrated in that on of the puzzles I simply to not understand how a regular guy was to figure it out after even looking it up! Those that have played it, it's the Island with the flooded rooms and the telescope. So I beat it all on my own except for that one puzzle using the telescope. Now I really want to play The Witness. I've owned it for ever on PS4 but quit about half way through. I'm wanting to play it on the 83" C1 when I get a PS5 to play with the wife together. I'll do all the controller work and she and I can solve the hundreds of puzzles. If I remember right, it was raved about back in the day, like 10/10 & 5/5's across the board. Anyway that's another game I quit on but always want to go back and give it my full attention 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moved on to Arkham Origins after finishing city… I always defended the title as underrated due to how good the story, christmas ambience, boss fights, and voice acting are…. that being said in this playthrough I am spotting aeveral issues (specially after playing City)

 

 

-UI is ugly, it offers as much extra info and unlocks as usual.. its just presented in ugly menus… even unlock progression is ugly

 

-the color palette is horrible… its a “grittier” product, but as a Christmas game it really desperately lacks color.

 

-The pacing is really bad, while City starts off with Two-face and the church explosion Origins begins with the slow riot at Blackgate and the slow slog to triangulate Penguins signal..

 

-Combat pacing is slightly off and allows more combo interrupts which breaks combos unexpectedly…

 

-Navigation is also too slow, the max glide speed is too slow and the giant structures lack grapple points leaving you stranded

 

 

All that being said the crime scene reconstructions, the Joker/Bane scenes, and overall product is still great… but I now more clearly understand the dissent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

    Started Control: Ultimate Edition on PC. I started it on ps4 but only fought the first flying boss guy, about 2 hours in. It looks incredible @1440p with DLSS on and Rtx on medium. Just eye candy. Wish I had it on Series X so i could play it in the livingroom but the 65" LGCx is still sweet!

 

   Also bought Disc Elysium: The final Cut on Steam for 15 bucks after reading and hearing loads of praises on its story. Excited to see what all the hype is about. I have tons to play still. Have to beat Will of the Wisps still and will be putting in Forza 5 time in between all these games too!

 

    I also am 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hunt: Showdown

 

Now that I powered through the beat-you-into-submission learning curve, this game is unlike anything I've played before and incredible. Never played a tenser game in my life.

 

I had a crazy match earlier that ended up in a showdown between me and another guy, both of us being the only survivors of our 3-player teams. After stalking each other for several minutes in near-silence, I heard wood creak near me via its 3D audio, stood up and blindly shotgun blasted into the dark doorway and splattered the dude's head. Went back to finally revive my teammates and we set their corpses on fire. Game is insane.

  • Shocked 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More Spiderman, though it’s vaguely disheartening to continually see things added to my map that I’ll never bother with. It definitely feels like the kind of game I would 100% at the age of 14 though.

 

Hoping to play more tonight but I’ve got a fair bit of school work to plan, so it might be more of a tomorrow treat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

More Spiderman, though it’s vaguely disheartening to continually see things added to my map that I’ll never bother with. It definitely feels like the kind of game I would 100% at the age of 14 though.

 

Hoping to play more tonight but I’ve got a fair bit of school work to plan, so it might be more of a tomorrow treat. 

I am not gonna dog on someone for skipping that stuff but I found most of that side shit fairly entertaining and I usually skip it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just finished Guardians of the Galaxy on my XSX (great fun game) Probably gonna hop back into Halo Infinite and play out the campaign. Pretty much ignoring campaign and was just fucking around in the sandbox. Also downloaded MK11 but I have also never played Mass Effect, and might move some things around and get that downloading soon.

 

ULTIMATE GAMEPASS is so great to have :twothumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

You never even tried it? It's an awesome game even in today's standards. I'd play it.

 

Ok so like a really long time ago at a friend's house I made a character called @Bacon and messed around a bit but I've never sat down and played it seriously. I own it on steam as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Ok so like a really long time ago at a friend's house I made a character called @Bacon and messed around a bit but I've never sat down and played it seriously. I own it on steam as well.

 

That's unheard of in the gaming community. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. <3  Ive been incredibly hooked on this game and havent been able to play anything else. In the end it was really an awesome game. the last mission was jaw-dropingly beautiful. It almost feels like they lead the design of the game with that and said how do me make a story around this? Lol. ME:A was not without its fault. I still came across some bugs (load screen), environmental obstacles, etc. It got a little long in the tooth in the middle (the back and forth on Kadara), but none of it detracted from the overall experience.
 

I finished with all planets at 100% and 86% total for Helios. Around 50hrs even. This was the perfect amount for me bc If I continued to try and do every side mission or task i probably wouldve burned out.  this was every bit of a ME game and Im sad it got shelved before they could release the DLC. Although I am now really excited for the new ME game. 
 

if you bailed out on this game bc of the launch issues, I strongly suggest giving it another go. 
 

now its time for Guardians of The Galaxy

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Just finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. <3  Ive been incredibly hooked on this game and havent been able to play anything else. In the end it was really an awesome game. the last mission was jaw-dropingly beautiful. It almost feels like they lead the design of the game with that and said how do me make a story around this? Lol. ME:A was not without its fault. I still came across some bugs (load screen), environmental obstacles, etc. It got a little long in the tooth in the middle (the back and forth on Kadara), but none of it detracted from the overall experience.
 

I finished with all planets at 100% and 86% total for Helios. Around 50hrs even. This was the perfect amount for me bc If I continued to try and do every side mission or task i probably wouldve burned out.  this was every bit of a ME game and Im sad it got shelved before they could release the DLC. Although I am now really excited for the new ME game.

It’s nice to see someone else who enjoyed it as much as I did, it gets a lot of undeserved hate IMO.

  • True 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoyed Andromeda.  The story wasn't as good, there were no Quarians, and I think they missed a big opportunity by not introducing more new aliens(they were in a whole new galaxy), but I still had a good time.  The combat was the best of any ME game to date.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

I enjoyed Andromeda.  The story wasn't as good, there were no Quarians, and I think they missed a big opportunity by not introducing more new aliens(they were in a whole new galaxy), but I still had a good time.  The combat was the best of any ME game to date.

 


 

I was feeling the same way through the game but the story kinda explains it in a roundabout way

 

Spoiler

The fact that the Angaran were created by the jardaan/Remnant means maybe that in that galaxy, there was no other intelligent life. So what happened to the Jardaan?

 

However, what actually was Meridian, and the vaults true purpose? where did the jardaan go?  And why did they need to create the angarans?
 

I think this probably would’ve been answered in whatever sequels they might have had planned (same for answering what the scourge was and where it came from)  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Was just about to start either Disco Elysium or The new Metroid and I was reminded I still have to beat FarCry6 damn it! Now do I just leave yet another game @85% finished and one that I was really enjoying too I must say or do what I almost always do and move on never to return but always be haunted by my wasteful buying to playing/beating ratio?? So many games cloud my mind thinking I will actually return to, This was one of my New Years Resolutions for 2022 was to actually buy a game and play it, what a concept. I can't even use the game collection excuse anymore, there all digital....lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2022 at 12:19 AM, HardAct said:

Was just about to start either Disco Elysium or The new Metroid and I was reminded I still have to beat FarCry6 damn it! Now do I just leave yet another game @85% finished and one that I was really enjoying too I must say or do what I almost always do and move on never to return but always be haunted by my wasteful buying to playing/beating ratio??

If you’re 85% finished with Far Cry 6 then you should probably just go ahead and finish it, especially if you’re still enjoying it. I’m playing it now myself and have finished quite a bit of it, but I’m admittedly starting to feel some fatigue with it since it’s such a big game. I’m ready to move onto something else at this point, but I want to see Far Cry 6 to the end so I’m going to stick with it since I don’t think that I have too many more main story missions left. However, after I finish it I’m going to take a break from big games like it and focus on some of my smaller indie games since I have a lot of them. I can finish several of them in the time that it takes me to finish one big game like Far Cry 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...