What are you playing today?

So I'm definitely into the Witcher 3.  I'm a fan of fantasy and I love it with the gritty overtones that it's showing.  My only hope is that there isn't too much needless patter within the game as I plan on mostly just burning through the main story and more chunky side quests.

Zelda Breath of the Wild. 

Damn beautiful game. I played it a bit on my brother's switch in tablet mode, and on my sister's switch on her Tv. Sum total of a couple hours. 

Now I have my own switch and I am playing on my Tv (that new LG OLED recommended to me here) and it is a damn good looking game. 

I need to get a pro controller. The joy-con grip frame that comes with the console is ok, but still feels weird. 

5 hours ago, Duchess May said:

I should beat: Witcher 3, Andromeda, Nier Automata, and FFXV...but likely going to just play Battlefront II and Defiance on Xbox One X.

Damn you reminded me I have Nier Automata unplayed and unopened lol...

I want to finish some games at least before the fall gaming rush hits

21 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m working my way through Hollow Knight and Octopath. I’ve been pleased with the Switch offerings as of late. 

I’m gonna buy NMS tomorrow. At the parents’ visiting this weekend. Switch is great for that. 

No Mans Sky?

I'm still going through Hollow Knight :p I think I could get to the first ending/boss fight about now if I wanted to, but I'm aiming to get the "real" ending. Finishing this game will be quite the accomplishment for me!

@CastlevaniaNut18 I'm curious about your thoughts on Hollow Knight. I don't play a lot of Metroidvania games, especially ones this hard, but I've been loving it and I think it's probably my favorite of this kind. How do you think it stacks up?

On 7/27/2018 at 12:46 AM, gamer.tv said:

I've literally just completed the first contract and it's fun (though I'm glad there's a robust fast travel option).

I envy you; taking these first steps into a new frontier.

18 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

So I'm definitely into the Witcher 3.  I'm a fan of fantasy and I love it with the gritty overtones that it's showing.  My only hope is that there isn't too much needless patter within the game as I plan on mostly just burning through the main story and more chunky side quests.

There is a metric ton of stuff you can do that is not necessary. Just stick to the big or interesting sounding quests in your log unless you really feel compelled. Myself, as the main game was reaching the close, I started to do all kinds of nonsense because I was trying to delay it from ending :( 

Also, you'll reach what seems to be a "point of no return" and they'll even give you a message about it. That's not the end of the game though :p There is still a lot more and it's just that advancing the story that far may cause some sidequests to be uncompletable.

I really wish I could replay this game for the first time. It easily has the most satisfying ending to any game/series I've played. (I'm speaking of the main story's ending. There is one more sort of end in the final expansion Blood & Wine that is also nice and got me in the feels, but more so as a nice nod to the fans.)

If Bioware could learn anything from CDPR, it's how to end the story to a series.

57 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Moonlighted! So damn awesome and i’m Not even a fan of pixel art/16 bit retro games in general! 

I totally forgot about this. I think my surface can run it so maybe thats what I'll play for the next little while.

3 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Well, most other people seem to be really enjoying it. I was always interested even in the base game, just not at $60.

Yeah guess it’s worth a try for $26 since you haven’t played it. I’m still bitter about the $60 I paid. Lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, legend said:

I'm still going through Hollow Knight :p I think I could get to the first ending/boss fight about now if I wanted to, but I'm aiming to get the "real" ending. Finishing this game will be quite the accomplishment for me!

@CastlevaniaNut18 I'm curious about your thoughts on Hollow Knight. I don't play a lot of Metroidvania games, especially ones this hard, but I've been loving it and I think it's probably my favorite of this kind. How do you think it stacks up?

I actually haven't played it yet. I've had it on Steam for a while, but never got to it. Then I just bought it on Switch the other day, think I might start it on the plane tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I actually haven't played it yet. I've had it on Steam for a while, but never got to it. Then I just bought it on Switch the other day, think I might start it on the plane tomorrow. 

Ah okay. I just "finished" it after about 40 hours :) I put that in quotes because while I thought I was doing what was needed for the best ending, I apparently missed something you have to do in the final boss fight to trigger it :p Consequently, I got the middling ending of the 3. So I'm going to go back to it tomorrow and finish it proper. Also, there are still some other DLC quests that I hadn't started yet that I'll want to try.

It was hard as shit (for me), but I thought it was a really great game. I'll be interested to see how you like it!