What are you playing today?

When on an AC kick after Odyssey was announced.  Finishing Origins story, then finished Unity, the started another play through of Black Flag.

I have since moved on to playing another play through of Mass Effect Andromeda. 

I'll probably hop between both this weekend.

8 hours ago, mikechorney said:

Watch Dogs 2

Continuing to play a little God of War (after the sun goes down -- my family room is torn apart with no window coverings and I'm getting too much glare on my screen)

I beat watch dogs 2 today. It was fine. Very generic Ubisoft. 

A small thing that bothers me in games like this - I spend months in this hacker group working to save the world, and never not once does a single member of the crew change their outfit. Why isn't this a thing for npcs in games? Especially in watch dogs, where they were trying so hard to lean on San Francisco style and hacker culture and being hip. Are they afraid players won't recognize them if they threw on a different t-shirt? 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, mo1518 said:

I beat watch dogs 2 today. It was fine. Very generic Ubisoft. 

A small thing that bothers me in games like this - I spend months in this hacker group working to save the world, and never not once does a single member of the crew change their outfit. Why isn't this a thing for npcs in games? Especially in watch dogs, where they were trying so hard to lean on San Francisco style and hacker culture and being hip. Are they afraid players won't recognize them if they threw on a different t-shirt? 

Everything I have played so far as been pretty generic.  (Not sure it has much in common with other Ubisoft games.)  I'm glad they got rid of the fake edginess from the first game (the random swearing and weird sex is gone).  I'm having fun -- but so far, don't understand why some people claimed it was a big improvement over the first game.

25 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

Everything I have played so far as been pretty generic.  (Not sure it has much in common with other Ubisoft games.)  I'm glad they got rid of the fake edginess from the first game (the random swearing and weird sex is gone).  I'm having fun -- but so far, don't understand why some people claimed it was a big improvement over the first game.

I also thought the story was generic but enjoyed controlling vehicles to run over guards, make cars chasing you crash into other vehicles and call in cops or gang members to eliminate enemies for you.

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

I didn't play the first one so I don't have that basis of comparison, but the a lot of the systems and controls and visuals just scream "this is an Ubisoft open world game." The only thing it was missing was climbing towers to reveal parts of the map :lol:

2 hours ago, darkness35 said:

I love the small QoL changes they made to Strange Journey Redux. Haven't gotten far yet though.

Man I remember playing this way back on the DS XL. What type of changes are we talking. I might double dip. 

8 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Metroid Samus returns (3ds)

WTF is up with the chase sequence, wtf games don’t need these and it’s really pissing me off :|

I’m still haven’t played this yet. Still worth downloading and giving it a play?

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Man I remember playing this way back on the DS XL. What type of changes are we talking. I might double dip. 

As mentioned I haven't gotten too far into the game and I stopped playing the original when I got Hama'd in the second sector with the DS version

Spoiler

Field Saving - You have one slot to save outside of the ship.  Supposedly you may encounter an encounter at a higher chance at the first spawn/reload

You don't spend Macca in the ship for healing.

Full voice-overs for important dialogue, which is nice but it's only in Japanese.  Odd hearing Gore as Old Man Jojo lol

So far most of the minor characters are given portraits in the game.

I'm forgetting a few, but keep in mind aside from not playing much of the original I have not played this game since 7 years ago.

• Thanks 1

Finally beat Pokémon Quest!

I was determined to finish the game without spending anything, which led to it becoming a grind fest.  Took me 40 hours, but I think if it were not for a stupid mistake I made I could have done it in 35 hours. If I spent money so I had more than one cooking pot, I would think that would have saved another 5-10 hours of grinding. 

I enjoyed most of it, but now I have kicked Mewtwo's butt I have zero desire to complete the pokedex etc...  I AM DONE! 

Now to try and beat something else in my backlog, Maybe Steamworld Dig 2 or Dragon Quest Builders. 

Well shit, someone told about Groove Coaster released on Steam and I instantly bought.  Holy shit I suck and I didn't know there was so many other factors into the mechanics.

Also like the arcade, the resolution runs on a weird 9:16 aspect, so unless you can change your monitor alignment vertically, you're going to have a bad time :lol: