Bernie Sanders briefed by U.S. officials that Russia is trying to help his presidential campaign

Jason

I feel like the Republicans will have a hard time using this considering the Democrats would just have to roll ads that show Trump saying : "“My people came to me, [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others saying they think it's Russia. I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia,” Trump said. “I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be.” and then just have a video of Sanders strongly rebuking Russia.  Something Trump has been unwilling to do

The Democrats should pick their candidate based on their ideals and wants, and not out of fear of what the GOP will say about their candidate in the general election. Picking the most vanilla candidate in hopes that the mean bully GOP won't pick on them is exactly why they lose so much even when the vast majority of the public agrees with them on the issues. The GOP will pick on their candidate and make-up BS and the easily manipulated or 1-issue voters will believe it no matter who the Democrats pick. They should play offense, not crippling defense. Especially against an extremely weak opponent like Trump.

It should be a so much easier win for the Democrats than normal with Trump as the GOP figure head. Somehow Hillary managed to screw it up. Democrats are setting themselves up to somehow do it again even though unlike in 2016 where there were some voters who somehow convinced themselves that Trump might be good for the system and 'clean the swamp', there should be no voters under that illusion in 2020. Voters are this point are either with Trump or their not. The same Democrats who have preached unity, are the same ones who are hypocritically starting to tear it apart. It should not be difficult to say you will fully support and vote for whoever the Democrat nominee is, whether that's Bernie, Bloomberg, Biden, or any of the rest. That being said, I think the Democrats need to pick a candidate who is capable of exciting the public outside of the typical Democrat base. The Democrat base that pay attention and vote every election, should be an automatic with Trump being the other choice no matter if their preferred candidate is the nominee or not (actual unity). The Democrats need someone who can excite another block, whether that's the independents in the middle, or the far left/young voters who typically stay home. I don't think this election will be won by people choosing between Trump or the Democrat nominee. Trump has his voters, they're locked in. This will be won or loss based on people choosing to vote for the Democrat nominee or sit out. I don't think a "we're not trump" argument gets any of those blocks off their butts to vote. Give them a reason to vote for you, not a reason to vote against the other guy.

Well will you look at that:

How long before we get "leaks from the IRS" that indicate Sanders has been evading taxes, or "leaks from the Department of the Interior" that Sanders smeared poop all over Mount Rushmore? The Trump admin is going to use its stooges in all levels of government to make up stuff about the Democratic nominee. We're going to see the government used like it's never been before in a political way.

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

How long before we get "leaks from the IRS" that indicate Sanders has been evading taxes, or "leaks from the Department of the Interior" that Sanders smeared poop all over Mount Rushmore? The Trump admin is going to use its stooges in all levels of government to make up stuff about the Democratic nominee. We're going to see the government used like it's never been before in a political way.

Don't worry. the DOJ will be launching a criminal probe into the dem nominee purely based on a bullshit tweet that trump will put out during the election. The GOP in congress will be on news outlets saying that congress should immediately start it's own investigation on it as well. 

6 hours ago, chakoo said:

Don't worry. the DOJ will be launching a criminal probe into the dem nominee purely based on a bullshit tweet that trump will put out during the election. The GOP in congress will be on news outlets saying that congress should immediately start it's own investigation on it as well. 

I definitely expect this to happen. They want another Comey moment.