Masters of the Universe: Revolution (continuation of story from Revelation) - Official Trailer (Netflix, 25 January 2024)

• 1 year later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: first look at Kevin Smith's star-studded "Masters of the Universe" animated series (Netflix - July 23)
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, Dre801 said:

Looks great.  Please don't shit on my childhood.

He-Man already shit on your childhood, it’s terrible. I loved it, but it’s terrible.

4 hours ago, silentbob said:

yeah I think some of my childhood woke up there. Although the Cartoon Network version was pretty great as well From like 10 years back

I just hope it’s unabashedly for kids. I get really tired of children’s properties being “matured up.” It could go either way from that trailer.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Masters of the Universe: Revelation (Netflix, July 23) - Official Teaser Trailer
2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

He-Man already shit on your childhood, it’s terrible. I loved it, but it’s terrible.

I just hope it’s unabashedly for kids. I get really tired of children’s properties being “matured up.” It could go either way from that trailer.

It's already more mature looking by a mile in terms of violence, but then again the 2012 TMNT show was "for kids" and it has some of the most fucked up imagery I've ever seen in a kids show (that wasn't from Japan).

19 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not sure if Kevin Smith is writing, directing, or just producing, but this show is a direct sequel to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from 1983-85.

I need to see if the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is available for streaming anywhere. I remember watching it as a kid, but don't remember the plot details. I wish they were doing a sequel / continuation of the 2002 show instead.

15 hours ago, Reputator said:

It's already more mature looking by a mile in terms of violence, but then again the 2012 TMNT show was "for kids" and it has some of the most fucked up imagery I've ever seen in a kids show (that wasn't from Japan).

18 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I recall in the Netflix series “the Toys That Made Us” they said the comic or original story to go out with the toys were much darker than the cartoon show that was made later to sell the toys. 

so maybe this could be seen as “going back to the source material”. ;)

5 hours ago, Bataar said:

I need to see if the original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is available for streaming anywhere. I remember watching it as a kid, but don't remember the plot details. I wish they were doing a sequel / continuation of the 2002 show instead.

Yeah I feel like I have to rewatch that when this comes out to get the full story properly. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah I feel like I have to rewatch that when this comes out to get the full story properly. 

There was no overarching narrative - the series was entirely episodic.

"Skeletor wants to conquer Castle Grayskull because that will turn him into a Master of the Universe.  The end."

That's the entirety of the plot.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I recall in the Netflix series “the Toys That Made Us” they said the comic or original story to go out with the toys were much darker than the cartoon show that was made later to sell the toys. 

Watch the "Power of Greyskull" documentary on Netflix. The original comics they did that came with toys were all different :lol: They HAD no story when they came up with action figures. The entire lore that we've come to know was created by the cartoon.

This is a GREAT documentary and perfect to get you ready for the new series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

6 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

The original series is on Amazon Prime with a Stars subscription.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I believe (from that show) that when they first were designing the toys they were for the Conan movie... then when they actually saw the movie they realized it was way too hard R to use it to sell toys.  

The best bit is how they came up with battle cat.  Literally they ran out of money so they reused a tiger toy from another line - and since it was too big for the he-man characters they just threw a saddle on it.

Also I believe the way they came up with Bizzaro He Man(or whatever he was called) was that an error happened in the production of some regular He Man toys. They came out the wrong color. So instead of throwing them away they wrote that color character into the show so they could sell them haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Masters of the Universe: Revelation (Netflix, July 23) - Official Trailer

Seeing online the far-right manbabies are in an uproar because they believe Teela is going to upstage He-Man. Also that they think her new haircut is disgusting, Kevin Smith is "woke" because it appears Teela will have a girlfriend, and that Teela shouldn't have a better physique than Prince Adam (pre-transformation).

More fish squirming as the ocean leaves them behind.