Masters of the Universe: Revolution (continuation of story from Revelation) - Official Trailer (Netflix, 25 January 2024)

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Masters of the Universe: Revelation - "Part 2 Official Trailer" (Netflix, November 23)
  • 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, silentbob said:

Just a friendly bump for the 2nd half of the season is now out. I think I’ll watch Hawkeye first tonight, get fucking high tomorrow night and binge the 2nd half of the series 

Watched the first two episodes and once again, the internet outrage over this was premature and overblown. A lot of folks are gonna feel REAL silly for assumptions that were made.

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Watched the first two episodes and once again, the internet outrage over this was premature and overblown. A lot of folks are gonna feel REAL silly for assumptions that were made.

I dunno, I mean there was that scene where Teela and her friend were having really aggressive lesbian sex on top of He Mans corpse all while pointing and laughing at some fat balding guy with glasses small dick. Seems about in line with people’s totally rational fears to me. 

• Haha 3

I followed through on my plans and got myself super fucking stones (thanks again Lennon) and binged the entire 2nd half. They really went all Skywalker on Teela’s character and gave her the most powerful weapon in the universe. Plus my gawd was Savage Hulk He-Man fun to watch. More then makes up for the lack of He-Man in the first half. Some emotional shit happens too but they leave it wide open for a continuation *crossing fingers Netflix gives us a 2nd season order soon* Oh and the weed just made the colours shine like crazy and action was making me a man in just pure kid awe

31 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I followed through on my plans and got myself super fucking stones (thanks again Lennon) and binged the entire 2nd half. They really went all Skywalker on Teela’s character and gave her the most powerful weapon in the universe. Plus my gawd was Savage Hulk He-Man fun to watch. More then makes up for the lack of He-Man in the first half. Some emotional shit happens too but they leave it wide open for a continuation *crossing fingers Netflix gives us a 2nd season order soon* Oh and the weed just made the colours shine like crazy and action was making me a man in just pure kid awe

I love He-Hulk too :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I thought I would continue things here @Commissar SFLUFAN since it’s more of a continuation to this series. Even though they are now calling it Revolution. Also they replaced Buffy’s voice for Supergirl’s voice and real life wife of He-Man VA, which I’m all for. (she was the only real weakness in the overall voice cast) Anyways I look forward to what happens next in January 2024, but hopefully they won’t split it in 2 halves again.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I thought I would continue things here @Commissar SFLUFAN since it’s more of a continuation to this series. Even though they are now calling it Revolution. Also they replaced Buffy’s voice for Supergirl’s voice and real life wife of He-Man VA, which I’m all for. (she was the only real weakness in the overall voice cast) Anyways I look forward to what happens next in January 2024, but hopefully they won’t split it in 2 halves again.

That reminds me that I still need to watch the second half of Revelation!

• Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Masters of the Universe: Revolution (continuation of story from Revelation) - Official Teaser (Netflix, January 2024)
On 11/11/2023 at 12:39 PM, Mercury33 said:

I thought the second half was far weaker than the first. Felt like it was overly cheesy 😔

I think it was about on roughly on the same level of cheese as the first half, but the really, really well-done narrative arc for Evil-Lyn probably compensated for that quite a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Masters of the Universe: Revolution (continuation of story from Revelation) - Official Trailer (Netflix, 25 January 2024)

Just came back from work, had a toke and aaahhhhhhh!!!!! with this trailer. Can’t wait to binge watch this, and it looks like it won’t 2 parts from that title ending. I’m not a fan/didn’t like seeing She-Ra’s hair on my He-Man action figure. 

WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Netflix's Masters of the Universe: Revolution animated series gets a prequel comic

Everybody knows He-Man's skull-faced arch-enemy Skeletor. He's one of the most popular action figures and cartoon characters of all time, and let's not forget the memes. But how much do you know about his backstory, and how he became the "Evil Lord of Destruction" he's been billed as in the Masters of the Universe franchise? Well you're about to learn a whole lot, as Dark Horse Comics will publish a new prequel comic that explores Skeletor's backstory, and how it relates to his fellow villain Hordak.

Following the upcoming Netflix animated series Masters of the Universe: Revolution, the series' producers Tim Sheridan, Rob David, and Ted Biaselli will write a four-issue prequel comic also titled Masters of the Universe: Revolution. Alongside artist Daniel HDR, inker Keith Champagne, colorist Brad Simpson, and letterer AndWorld Design, they'll dig into Skeletor's history with Hordak, best known as the main villain of the original She-Ra: Princess of Power animated series from the '80s, and the leader of the Evil Horde. The first issue will feature a main cover by Dave Wilkins and a variant cover by Tyler Boss.

"Journey to the earliest days of one of the universe’s most consequential and fraught team-ups," reads Dark Horse's official description of the Masters of the Universe: Revolution comic. "Hordak is an ambitious general, eager to make his mark; Skeletor is an aspiring mage hungry for power. Joining forces, melding ancient Eternian magic with advanced Horde technology, could bring them all their evil hearts’ desire...but they’ll have to survive each other first.

23 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Isn’t there already a newer comic series that explores his backstory? I hope this season is more S1 part 1 and less S1 part 2. 

There was this DC series from 2012:

WWW.DC.COM

• Take a look at the twisted origins of Eternia’s most loathsome and terrible villain.• What horrific events from Skeletor’s secret past defined the evil despot he became?

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There was this DC series from 2012:

WWW.DC.COM

• Take a look at the twisted origins of Eternia’s most loathsome and terrible villain.• What horrific events from Skeletor’s secret past defined the evil despot he became?

When they did that last He-Man series I think WB or Cartoon Network, they did do an episode of his origin. I also remember the series not being that bad either, but ended after 2 seasons I think. Guess what I found.

I watched the first 2 episodes last night. Holy shit that opening battle felt like one giant “Coming this XMas” toy ad with the characters introduced. Melissa  Benoist is a nice replacement for Buffy, and voice suits her look better. Liked the action and sadly it just looks like a 5 episode season. :( Oh and I watch on Golden Tiger x Panama and it was amazing :D 

• 2 weeks later...

That was really quite entertaining and definitely benefited from having fewer episodes! :clap:

I do genuinely like how the overall setting has advanced into what amounts to a completely new era for both the characters and Eternia as a whole, and I'm very much interested where it's going next as She Ra/Despara appears to be one of the villains in the next series.

Oh, I'd also pay good money to see a "Good-Lyn" spinoff series provided that Lena Headey remains in the role!