RYAN STARTED THE FIRE! IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING SINCE THE WORLD'S BEEN TURNING (just started The Office)

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

No pointing continuing. If you don't like it by now you won't like its less funny successors.

Also side note: that show has one of the worst season finales ever made. And it caps off a pretty bad last season.

since I own it I'll see it through. The problem is they are trying way too hard and all the characters are caricatures. In the office most of the characters were fairly believable, that isn't the case here. 

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

No pointing continuing. If you don't like it by now you won't like its less funny successors.

Also side note: that show has one of the worst season finales ever made. And it caps off a pretty bad last season.

:shock:

Wtf you talking about. You think season 2 was the best season of parks and recs? It gets consistently better and never jumps the shark. And the finale for it was phenomenal

38 minutes ago, Oberon said:

:shock:

Wtf you talking about. You think season 2 was the best season of parks and recs? It gets consistently better and never jumps the shark. And the finale for it was phenomenal

The finale was terrible because every single person you ever met in the show gets their wildest dreams fulfilled. Even people who don't deserve it. Lazy and lame.

Jim/Pam seem normal as shit to me. And I've known women who are eccentric like Holly. In fact, Oscar/Darryl are pretty normal. Dwight is over-the-top, though, but I like over-the-top with him and Michael. The rest of the cast is kind of weird, but that's not a knock.

Toby really is the normal guy of the show, though. It's a big reason why I love his dynamic with Michael.

BTW, speaking of over the top, just got to the opening of Threat Level Midnight. Lolz

EDIT: BEST OUT OF SEVEN :lol: 

10 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

While S8 was airing I really didn't like Robert California. Later when I rewatched it he became one of my favorite characters. <3

The guy the plays Toby looks a lot different towards the end. Not sure if he was sickly because he looks pretty bad compared to the early seasons. 

Well, he looked normal in the earlier seasons. Then he returned after Holly left and he looked plumper; he definitely gained weight. He lost much of that weight, but it seemed like it happened quickly and he seemed even thinner than the initial seasons.

At the time, it looks like people were speculating everything, but the guy's alive and fine now, and apparently it may have been stress/pressure from work?

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, johnny said:

You should at least watch the last couple episodes of season 9 

I might do that after finishing Parks and Rec. I started that years ago and stopped, but now I'm on Season 7.

I just finished Leslie and Ron which may be one of my favorite episodes of the series. It's a weird series for me because I don't actually laugh that much (though some laughs, like the "We're not against you on this!" are pretty good), but I enjoy the characters. Except Donna, who after seven seasons, remains unmemorable. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, why is the final season of Parks and Rec shorter than the others?

I don't remember specifically, but I think it was some kind of deal relating to them being cancelled. "We're cutting you loose, but we'll give you a half season to wrap it up because we don't want fans burning down our offices."

Parks and Rec is one of my favorites. Like you said, it doesn't get a ton of laughs, but it consistently makes me smile.  

They should have definitely ended the series when Michael left. Or rather they should have done the last 2 seasons differently

When Michael was the manager his bosses we're rarely in the episodes and we're a good foil to Michael's shenanigans, but they still clearly showed Michael was the boss when he was in the office

When they stupidly made Andy the manager they had Robert California in nearly every episode which undermines Andy being the manager completely and isntead makes Robert the boss.