RYAN STARTED THE FIRE! IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING SINCE THE WORLD'S BEEN TURNING (just started The Office)

7 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Just started watching the show as well. Thought it was strange they never explained why the cameras are there...unless I missed it. I've had friends who are fans of the show refer to me as Jim from the office...never knew what they meant and now that I've actually seen a bit of the show I am not sure how I should take it.

They say they are making a documentary. Or did you want something more specific 

also Jim is okay, but he’s better without Pam. It’s worth considering how much Jim doesn’t work when he is coming up with his Dwight pranks. 

2 hours ago, johnny said:

They say they are making a documentary. Or did you want something more specific 

also Jim is okay, but he’s better without Pam. It’s worth considering how much Jim doesn’t work when he is coming up with his Dwight pranks. 

I must have missed them actually saying they were doing a documentary, though I knew from people talking about the show that was the reason.

On 8/25/2018 at 11:17 AM, EternallDarkness said:

Just started watching the show as well. Thought it was strange they never explained why the cameras are there...unless I missed it. I've had friends who are fans of the show refer to me as Jim from the office...never knew what they meant and now that I've actually seen a bit of the show I am not sure how I should take it.

Be extremely offended.

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

A friendly extra reminder for you. Just to make your day that much better:

HEY MR SCOTT!

WHATCHA GONNA DO?

WHATCHA GONNA DO?

MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

You can feel your anus puckering right now. I know that for a fact.

Everytime I feel like hiding my face :sadsun:

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

Finished up the series last night. Pretty good, the ending was quite touching. Next up I started on Park and Rec, watched 3 episodes and I have yet to laugh once. The show is supposed to funny isn't it? 

Parks and Rec is my next one after Office as I started it years ago and got side-tracked around I think season 4.

My favorite scene in Season 1 of Parks and Rec involves a certain speech to Marlene.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

Finished up the series last night. Pretty good, the ending was quite touching. Next up I started on Park and Rec, watched 3 episodes and I have yet to laugh once. The show is supposed to funny isn't it? 

There’s a pretty significant tone and character shift that happens in season 2.  If you don’t like the show after that happens, you might as well bail. But it’s worth getting that far before you jump. 

10 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

nope, none zero zip. 3 or 4 episodes into season 2 and while it's a bit better, I'm still not finding it all that funny

You seriously didn't at least laugh at the speech of facts?

“Marlene, is a woman. She has worked in the government for three decades. Thirty years! Properly applied, that’s how long a good varnish should last. So Marlene, it is true that you have won this award.”

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

You seriously didn't at least laugh at the speech of facts?

“Marlene, is a woman. She has worked in the government for three decades. Thirty years! Properly applied, that’s how long a good varnish should last. So Marlene, it is true that you have won this award.”

I seriously did not laugh at the speech. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

You mother fucker....

Hide contents

I'm totally kidding about that. :p But shit, that was my highlight of season 1.

Well Swanson is definitely the best character so far. 2nd season is definitely better but still not what I'd call funny. I'm currently on the library vs park episode with Ron hooking up with his ex wife 

7 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Finished season to of Parks. Still not finding it that funny, though there were a few amusing moments. One this is abundantly clear though, Amy Poehler is not funny. 

We can’t all have good taste in tv shows. It’s okay 

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Finished season two of Parks. Still not finding it that funny, though there were a few amusing moments. One this is abundantly clear though, Amy Poehler is not funny. 

No pointing continuing. If you don't like it by now you won't like its less funny successors.

Also side note: that show has one of the worst season finales ever made. And it caps off a pretty bad last season.