RYAN STARTED THE FIRE! IT WAS ALWAYS BURNING SINCE THE WORLD'S BEEN TURNING (just started The Office)

I am so late to this series.

As shown by the title, The Fire is my favorite episode so far (I'm on around episode 6 or 7 in Season 2). I'm sure my favorite will change, but that episode worked on so many levels, and bringing back the, "I don't wanna be a something guy," joke at the end was a lovely callback.

Season 4’s “Dinner Party” is and will forever be my favorite episode. Season 2 is the best season over all. I enjoy the entire series.

7 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

You're in the best season right now. It's still really good afterwards for a few seasons though.

That's actually kind of sad to me, lol.

I mean, I'm glad it's really good for more seasons, but I'm used to many of my favorite series starting to get good in Season 2, not peaking there. :p 

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Season 4’s “Dinner Party” is and will forever be my favorite episode. Season 2 is the best season over all. I enjoy the entire series.

I shall let y'all know when I get there.

The internet recently lost his iPod to Pam and then got a Kelly nameplate, lolol.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I didn't realize there were still people who have never seen The Office. 

That's true. Everybody in the world and even zygotes have seen the series; I'm the last one to go. =\

15 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

That's actually kind of sad to me, lol.

I mean, I'm glad it's really good for more seasons, but I'm used to many of my favorite series starting to get good in Season 2, not peaking there. :p 

Yeah, without getting too spoilery the very last scene of season 3 would have been a perfect ending for the show. But instead we have to deal with the repercussions of that scene for the rest of the series and it's the worst part of the show tbh. But don't worry, there are so many great moments and episodes in the show up through like season 7 at a bare minimum.

36 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Season 4’s “Dinner Party” is and will forever be my favorite episode.

Like this episode, for example. Fucking gold. And "Scott's Tots". And "The Deposition", "Gay Witch Hunt", "The Coup", "Frame Toby", an extended storyline in season 5 that's title is a spoiler, etc. All episodes after season 2. And that's just off the top of my head. You've got so much good stuff coming your way.

Season 8 jumps the shark and season 9 eats the shark and then jumps the Megalodon, unfortunately. It's brutal. Except for 75% of the last episode.

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah, without getting too spoilery the very last scene of season 3 would have been a perfect ending for the show. But instead we have to deal with the repercussions of that scene for the rest of the series and it's the worst part of the show tbh. But don't worry, there are so many great moments and episodes in the show up through like season 7 at a bare minimum.

Like this episode, for example. Fucking gold. And "Scott's Tots". And "The Deposition", "Gay Witch Hunt", "The Coup", "Frame Toby", an extended storyline in season 5 that's title is a spoiler, etc. All episodes after season 2. And that's just off the top of my head. You've got so much good stuff coming your way.

Season 8 jumps the shark and season 9 eats the shark and then jumps the Megalodon, unfortunately. It's brutal. Except for 75% of the last episode.

OH SHIT I finally got to the updog line which I always knew was from this series!

What season is (and I might be getting the summary slightly/majorly wrong) the episode when Michael says a gay joke but doesn't know if someone's gay, and then some other guy says well don't tell the joke to him, and Michael says something like, "Would you want someone to not tell you a joke as if you were a gay?"

I know I saw a scene like that eons ago.

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

OH SHIT I finally got to the updog line which I always knew was from this series!

What season is (and I might be getting the summary slightly/majorly wrong) the episode when Michael says a gay joke but doesn't know if someone's gay, and then some other guy says well don't tell the joke to him, and Michael says something like, "Would you want someone to not tell you a joke as if you were a gay?"

I know I saw a scene like that eons ago.

I don't remember it specifically like that, but I think you're referring to "Gay Witch Hunt".

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't remember it specifically like that, but I think you're referring to "Gay Witch Hunt".

I'm pretty close, then. Nice.

And yeah, I haven't seen whatever episode that is for, like, a decade, so it's probably butchered. :p 

17 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Currently watching this as well, almost done with season 3.   Loving it, with the exception of Ed Helms's character.  He's pretty much the stereotypical office a-hole with no endearing qualities.

I hope that's not what I think as I REALLY loved Ed Helms on The Daily Show, same as Carell.

20 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Currently watching this as well, almost done with season 3.   Loving it, with the exception of Ed Helms's character.  He's pretty much the stereotypical office a-hole with no endearing qualities.

His character changes quite a bit from season to season. Some seasons you'll hate him, some you'll love him.

17 hours ago, Amazatron said:

Jim is easily the most stereotypical office asshole with no endearing qualities. Fuck Jim.

32 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Jim is easily the most stereotypically office asshole with no endearing qualities. Fuck Jim.

Jim and Pam are one of the most overrated couples in pop culture history. 

Spoiler

Karen Filippelli dodged a bullet 

50 minutes ago, johnny said:

Jim and Pam are one of the most overrated couples in pop culture history. 

Reveal hidden contents

Karen Filippelli dodged a bullet 

Spoiler

Once they are together they are the worst part of this show. They singlehandedly keep later seasons from season 2 levels of greatness.

Scott’s Tots is one of the most deeply uncomfortable episodes in a show full of deeply uncomfortable moments. It’s soooo painful.

But it’s also a surprisingly pointed bit of social commentary about white savior complexes. One of the series best.

6 minutes ago, johnny said:

Ricky Gervais sucks 

I can’t stand the dude, but Office, Extras, and especially Derek are phenomenal works. His stand up is terrible though.

6 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Who was it on these boards that always insisted that the British version was the only one worth watching? They were definitely wrong.

I think that’s nuts, but the US Office is WAY too long in the tooth. Every episode of the British office seems relevant, the US one could lose a couple seasons worth of episodes and the show would be significantly better for the cuts.