SaysWho?

~*Official Democratic Party Primary Thread of Chaos, Conspiracy, and Communism*~

14 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I mean not really. It's impossible to know how many of that 25% and 21% will go to Bernie when those two candidates inevitably drop out. 

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

I mean not really. It's impossible to know how many of that 25% and 21% will go to Bernie when those two candidates inevitably drop out. 

I thought it read that of the 81% who said yes, 26% were Bernie supporters, 23 Buttigieg, etc.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

I thought it read that of the 81% who said yes, 26% were Bernie supporters, 23 Buttigieg, etc.

Right, but the ratio to yes/no is the key component here.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Right, but the ratio to yes/no is the key component here.

It reads to me like none of the other top candidates in NH are much different from Sanders' voters in this regard. Couple this with more of them in 2016 voting Hillary than 2008 Hillary voters voting McCain, and I feel like this narrative is baseless and just a way to make people hate his supporters and thus him. There's no real difference is what I'm seeing in the numbers.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It reads to me like none of the other top candidates in NH are much different from Sanders' voters in this regard. Couple this with more of them in 2016 voting Hillary than 2008 Hillary voters voting McCain, and I feel like this narrative is baseless and just a way to make people hate his supporters and thus him. There's no real difference is what I'm seeing in the numbers.

I'm just saying those numbers don't prove or disprove anything. Lopez thinks it undercuts that claim, but I think it does nothing for the claim either way.

People will vote for who they want to, we have to stop thinking we can tell people how to vote, this "vote blue no matter who!" shit doesn't work.  "Get out the vote!" campaigns become a joke when there's fine print that states, "...unless you vote against who we want, then it's all your fault they lost!"

Plus that question is doing a lot of work. What if Bloomberg or Tulsi is the candidate? But people are reading it as "what if Pete or Bernie or Amy is the nominee"

30 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, I keep hearing people cite these statistics, so I am going to go ahead and nip it in the bud. Citing the 10% of Bernie supporters that went to Trump isn't telling the whole story. What about Jill Stein? She tripled her 2012 numbers. Anecdotally, I know a Bernie supporter that went for Stein. Gary Johnson also did way better. Plus, we don't know how many Bernie supporters just decided to stay home. A way more likely outcome than voting for Trump.

Not that any of this matters! Just seeing those statistics thrown around lately is really grinding my gears lol.

You can also include 9.2% percent of Obama voters that flipped to support Trump, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/upshot/the-obama-trump-voters-are-real-heres-what-they-think.html

lesson of the day: Hillary was a shitty candidate. 

17 minutes ago, baconbits said:

You can also include 9.2% percent of Obama voters that flipped to support Trump, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/upshot/the-obama-trump-voters-are-real-heres-what-they-think.html

lesson of the day: Hillary was a shitty candidate. 

I may be on an island here: I think Hillary was a great candidate, but she was hated or disliked by many.

I think there is a distinction in that, although in politics they are often one and the same.

My God - don't you liberals ever get tired of going over the same well-worn ground over and over and over again?

It's no wonder you all keep losing.

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

My God - don't you liberals ever get tired of going over the same worn ground over and over and over again?

It's no wonder you all keep losing.

I didn't bring it up, coño!

48 minutes ago, Jose said:

Also, I keep hearing people cite these statistics, so I am going to go ahead and nip it in the bud. Citing the 10% of Bernie supporters that went to Trump isn't telling the whole story. What about Jill Stein? She tripled her 2012 numbers. Anecdotally, I know a Bernie supporter that went for Stein. Gary Johnson also did way better. Plus, we don't know how many Bernie supporters just decided to stay home. A way more likely outcome than voting for Trump.

Not that any of this matters! Just seeing those statistics thrown around lately is really grinding my gears lol.

Hey, that ain't telling the whole story either. He numbers tripled -- they were low to begin with. Tiny. How many Republicans voted Johnson? We're just assuming who might have stayed home, but overwhelming claims require overwhelming evidence, the combination of Obama->Trump voters and Hillary->McCain voters both show that there is no extraordinary evidence of his supporters being much different, or how many of them who sat out even typically vote Democratic anyway.

tbh, judging from many things I've seen, I'm more concerned of the "votebluenomatterwho" people who are also never Bernie.

They were tiny, but she nearly gained a million voters. Might have been the decider in a lot of places. But we are in agreement that we don't really know, so best to let it go. 

The DNC needs to just go back to making deals in smoke filled rooms to figure out who the candidate will be like they did prior to the 70s.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/482607-klobuchar-we-need-to-build-a-big-tent-for-anti-abortion-democrats

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) on Tuesday said that the Democratic Party should be a "big tent" for people of different beliefs, including those who oppose abortion rights.

Yeah I'm a hard no on that. Being against abortion is fine, but being against abortion rights is not.

18 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Hello Shithead :lol: 

Fax it over before markets close is really good, too lol. 

35 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Side note: this seems more a tweet for the other thread (other thread is candidates, this one is primary/caucus race stuff). In fact, I need to shift a Nevada union one to here!

Also, this response was great: