At the risk of sounding uncivil, the following thread is presented without editorial comment by this poster

17 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Technically, he didn't get cancer from second hand smoke. It was first hand. 

I could be mistaken, but I believe it is accurate that second hand smoke is not strongly linked to cancers either. It’s fatal effects where they occur has been to exacerbate other underlying illnesses. But this was some random bit of info I heard in during the respiratory system section of my college A&P class more than a decade ago 😂

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe it is accurate that second hand smoke is not strongly linked to cancers either. It’s fatal effects where they occur has been to exacerbate other underlying illnesses. But this was some random bit of info I heard in during the respiratory system section of my college A&P class more than a decade ago 😂

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41748090

Ain't good for puppers anyway

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

A very good friend of mine died of lung cancer at 41 - never smoked a day in his life. 
it was a devastating disease. 
I find it sad that anyone wouldn’t have compassion for anyone who has to go through this. 

He's a modern day Joseph Goebbels and has said and supported some hideous things, often to the detriment of my country and this planet

Fuck him with a rusty spoon

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He's a modern day Joseph Goebbels and has said and supported some hideous things, often to the detriment of my country and this planet

Fuck him with a rusty spoon

Not that I need to defend him, because there are countless examples of him being a terrible person, but I can’t find where he said this particular thing. 

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

A very good friend of mine died of lung cancer at 41 - never smoked a day in his life. 
it was a devastating disease. 
I find it sad that anyone wouldn’t have compassion for anyone who has to go through this. 

Pretty stark contrast with the Kobe thread, eh?

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

I mentioned how ghoulish this board gets when somebody they hate dies. Celebrating suffering and such. I really don’t get that impulse.

Seeing death on a regular basis, I've just come to accept it as a natural part of life. And why should someone feel sympathy for a shit stain of a human being who caused suffering his entire career and did himself in? I'm not going to dance on his eventual grave, but, meh. The world is better without some people in it and I'm not going to pretend to feel sorry for someone like that just so I can put myself on some false moral pedestal.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Seeing death on a regular basis, I've just come to accept it as a natural part of life. And why should someone feel sympathy for a shit stain of a human being who caused suffering his entire career and did himself in? I'm not going to dance on his eventual grave, but, meh. The world is better without some people in it and I'm not going to pretend to feel sorry for someone like that just so I can put myself on some false moral pedestal.

People are shaking their hips like Shakira on his grave rn.

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Really getting tired of you misrepresenting my stances.

Maybe you don’t know what the phrase you used means, but it means the person deserved what they got...in this case death by a terrible illness. If that wasn’t your intention, I accept that. But that is what the phrase used means. 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Maybe you don’t know what the phrase you used means, but it means the person deserved what they got...in this case death by a terrible illness. If that wasn’t your intention, I accept that. But that is what the phrase used means. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m quite sure I never said anyone deserves anything. Just to clarify in case you’re not deliberately trolling. 

Years of smoking often results in cancer. Or COPD. It’s not that someone deserves it, it’s just science and probability. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That’s fine, you still used a phrase that means you think the person deserved it. Saying I misrepresented your stance is inaccurate. You misrepresented your stance when you chose a phrase that meant something other than your actual intention. That’s ok, especially with phrases that have meaning beyond the exact words used. I’ve made that same sort of

mistake many times myself.

Just now, sblfilms said:

That’s fine, you still used a phrase that means you think the person deserved it. Saying I misrepresented your stance is inaccurate. You misrepresented your stance when you chose a phrase that meant something other than your actual intention. That’s ok, especially with phrases that have meaning beyond the exact words used. I’ve made that same sort of

mistake many times myself.

I’m super glad I have you to tell me what I mean and when I’m wrong. :p 

1 hour ago, Jose said:

The contrast is appropriate when one person was admirable and the other was one of the vilest pieces of shit in American history.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I mentioned how ghoulish this board gets when somebody they hate dies. Celebrating suffering and such. I really don’t get that impulse.

Ghoulish seems a weird word. I don't need to hear about his death rattle. But rejoicing that something bad will be gone from the world hardly seems worthy of all the high-horse moralizing and passive aggressive condemnation.

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

The contrast is appropriate when one person was admirable and the other was one of the vilest pieces of shit in American history.

Ghoulish seems a weird word. I don't need to hear about his death rattle. But rejoicing that something bad will be gone from the world hardly seems worthy of all the high-horse moralizing and passive aggressive condemnation.

Man who probably raped a woman is admirable to some, not to others.

People aren’t just glad that somebody bad will be gone, they are glad that they will suffer as they die. Call that behavior whatever makes you feel better about it.

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I kind of felt bad for Rush. My father died of OCPD and lung cancer so I know that type of illness can be literal torture.

But then Rush went on a 20 minute rant about how that doesn't count as torture, either....so what are ya gonna do.....

If someone could provide a link to where he actually said that, I'd appreciate it. I can't find that specifically.

Plenty of awful things out there we know he said. I'm just not sure that's one of them and I like to get it right before I publicly post.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Man who probably raped a woman is admirable to some, not to others.

People aren’t just glad that somebody bad will be gone, they are glad that they will suffer as they die. Call that behavior whatever makes you feel better about it.

Quit making ridiculous generalizations to support an argument you can't let go of from over a week ago.

Not everyone who will be glad to watch the Rush Limbaugh era end is excited that it's happening because of lung cancer. Are some people? Sure. Is everyone? No. Are most people? I doubt it.

5 hours ago, Scott said:

Quit making ridiculous generalizations to support an argument you can't let go of from over a week ago.

Not everyone who will be glad to watch the Rush Limbaugh era end is excited that it's happening because of lung cancer. Are some people? Sure. Is everyone? No. Are most people? I doubt it.

I was being facetous. Referring to him being a vocal proponent of the idea that nothing we did in our "enhanced interrogation" program counted as torture.

I don't have the time to link everything he said, but a quick Google search will show what I mean. Some notable things was that Abu Graib was just the troops blowing off steam and no worse than college hazing. And basically that the guy who was waterboarded 180 times proves waterboarding isn't torture because if you can do something to a guy 180 times without them dying, it can't be torture.

I was making the point that before anyone feels too bad for him, his own standards seem to have a pretty high threshhold for pain on who deserves empathy.

8 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I was being facetous. Referring to him being a vocal proponent of the idea that nothing we did in our "enhanced interrogation" program counted as torture.

I don't have the time to link everything he said, but a quick Google search will show what I mean. Some notable things was that Abu Graib was just the troops blowing off steam and no worse than college hazing. And basically that the guy who was waterboarded 180 times proves waterboarding isn't torture because if you can do something to a guy 180 times without them dying, it can't be torture.

I was making the point that before anyone feels too bad for him, his own standards seem to have a pretty high threshhold for pain on who deserves empathy.

I think you meant to quote me. :p 

I thought your post was referring to the supposed comments about Eric Garner, which I haven’t been able to find. Someone else had posted a tweet about it prior to your post and I hadn’t been able to source it. 

But yes, I know there is a plethora of examples of him being a complete shit stain on the human race. Which is why I don’t know why people need to make up quotes. :p