Hamilton Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Official Trailer)

TwinIon

Disney is going to release Hamilton as a feature film on October 15, 2021. The film is being described as a “leap forward in the art of ‘live capture.'” It explains the live capture method as “combining the best elements of live theater and film,” resulting in “a cinematic stage performance that is a wholly new way to experience Hamilton.” The original Broadway cast filmed the production in 2016.

As someone that really enjoys musical theater but hasn't been able to see the show, I'm happy to finally get a chance that doesn't require hundreds of dollars per seat.

5 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Dammit. Release date isn’t until October 15th, 2021

Hell. 

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Hopefully Hollywood doesn't do to Hamilton what it did to The Lion King and Cats . . . 

They recorded the stage production in 2016. I'm guessing they're not going to do a whole lot to it other than some camera movements.

12 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

They’re not remaking it or making it a feature film—they simply recorded the stage show in a cinematic way. 

While I would agree that is probably correct, the press release is incredibly light on details so who knows exactly what the end product will be like?

7 hours ago, Emblazon said:

They’re not remaking it or making it a feature film—they simply recorded the stage show in a cinematic way. 

They are going to make the songs rock. It's going to star Ryan Gosling (because everyone loves him) and they are gonna have to add some Asian characters so it will get some run in China. Otherwise they aren't changing a thing. 

9 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Well, that’s what a rational person would say (Puerto Rican, to be exact)... but apparently all people of color are black?

haha I was making a joke about Americans seeing all Latinos as Mexican. 

Puerto Ricans, like Cubans and Brazilians have a large percentage of Native, Black (Slavery), and Spanish (Jew, Moor, and from the Kingdom). They aren't the same culturally as African Americans. AOC is also the same background.