Batman: The Animated Series (including Mask of the Phantasm and Mr. Freeze: SubZero) Remastered Blu-ray announced for October release

the remasters are the main attraction... most of those "extra" features sound like recycles from the box set...

then again, id have to see the footage of the remasters... even the creators mentioned the difficult balance of the "old style" imperfection of the shows look being contrasted with HD clean up..

If they wanted a "Treasure Box of BTAS" they should have included the episode scores...those are amazing 

I said before I wasn't interested in this cause I don't want to double dip as I own them on DVD but my son and I recently watched a few episodes of BTW (which they still hold up excellently) on DVD and we watched and episode of Justice League which had the Joker on Blu-ray. Damn that blu ray picture was beautiful compared to the DVD viewing.

12 minutes ago, Dragonseeker said:

Are the episodes going to be wide screen?

I doubt it, they would have to re-animate everything unless they had originally animated the show in 16:9 then cropped it later.

And if it's 4:3 cropped to 16:9 destroying the OAR then that would be a pretty shitty way to do things.

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

the remasters are the main attraction... most of those "extra" features sound like recycles from the box set...

then again, id have to see the footage of the remasters... even the creators mentioned the difficult balance of the "old style" imperfection of the shows look being contrasted with HD clean up..

If they wanted a "Treasure Box of BTAS" they should have included the episode scores...those are amazing 

It would be nice if they could release the scores for justice league and batman beyond as well. I'd love to know if they had a full version of the batman tas theme that was played at the end of the Justice League Unlimited episode Epilogue.

A few collectors aren't happy with the Funko's are jacking up the set price by a good 20%, and then how the discs being house in sleeves instead of cases are going to be long term problematic against scratches.

I'm just gonna have to hold on to my dvd's until a standard bluray set gets released down the road

8 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

A few collectors aren't happy with the Funko's are jacking up the set price by a good 20%, and then how the discs being house in sleeves instead of cases are going to be long term problematic against scratches.

I'm just gonna have to hold on to my dvd's until a standard bluray set gets released down the road

Good point about the sleeves. I'm not a fan of it with my James Bond collection.

Blu-ray is significantly less scratch prone or sensitive than CD/DVD yomthe point I’ve literally never worried about it or had a disc fail to work due to scratching. But sleeves are still lame :p

11 minutes ago, Brick said:

So wait, is this just BTAS, or does it include The New Adventures of Batman and Robin since that was a continuation of BTAS just in the new artstyle present throughout the Timm DC animated universe? 

That's included. I belive that's considered season 4. It's all BTAS now.

2 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

That's included. I belive that's considered season 4. It's all BTAS now.

Cool. I really don't need the Funko Pop figures, so I'll probably wait until just a normal release of the discs (which will hopefully still include all the bonus material).

On 7/26/2018 at 10:33 PM, Brick said:

Cool. I really don't need the Funko Pop figures, so I'll probably wait until just a normal release of the discs (which will hopefully still include all the bonus material).

I think I'll do this as well.  I'm that that into collecting limited editions anymore.  I don't have the room for statues or figures.  I would just hope the normal release will include the bonus material and the the two movies.

• 2 weeks later...