Dungeons & Dragons gets a crossover with Magic: The Gathering this fall

Commissar SFLUFAN

As both a M:tG player and a D&D player and DM this is marketed right at me. 

On one hand Ravnica is a neat setting; a world of cities, literally. There is little to no undeveloped land. And the various guilds can make for some cool NPC interplay. On the other hand I'm hip deep in two Forgotten Realms campaigns right now and don't see myself halting them for a new setting anytime soon. 

It may be one I pick up down the road, or maybe just to read for the lore and not actually play. 

7 hours ago, rossi_84 said:

Running Curse of Strahd currently, was planing on going into dragon heist/mad mage from that.

I'm sure there is going to be big interest in this from them.... to tell them or not?

How're y'all liking Strahd. That's going to be the next one I run. 

On 7/24/2018 at 3:23 AM, Dodger said:

Shit like this just makes me want to get back into mtg 

I'd love to try out D&D, MTG (and after today's Youtube binge, Warhammer 40K) but the entry requirements for all of them are just well above me. It's a shame they generate revenue because it would be so much easier to play them on consoles (for little old me at least). 

4 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I'd love to try out D&D, MTG (and after today's Youtube binge, Warhammer 40K) but the entry requirements for all of them are just well above me. It's a shame they generate revenue because it would be so much easier to play them on consoles (for little old me at least). 

If you want to get into MtG on the cheap, look into limited formats.  Maintaining a collection and keeping up with constructed formats got way too expensive and time consuming for me, so I stick to limited now.  Booster drafts are a great way to get into it for relatively low investment.  Your local game store likely has booster drafts every week (Friday Night Magic) if they sell magic cards.

1 minute ago, Slug said:

If you want to get into MtG on the cheap, look into limited formats.  Maintaining a collection and keeping up with constructed formats got way too expensive and time consuming for me, so I stick to limited now.  Booster drafts are a great way to get into it for relatively low investment.  Your local game store likely has booster drafts every week (Friday Night Magic) if they sell magic cards.

That's tempting and the great thing about where I live is it's very 'indie', so we have a good number of board game shops, model shops etc.  It's just a case of going along, though they're also terribly advertised.