Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Dungeons & Dragons gets a crossover with Magic: The Gathering this fall

Recommended Posts

As both a M:tG player and a D&D player and DM this is marketed right at me. 

 

On one hand Ravnica is a neat setting; a world of cities, literally. There is little to no undeveloped land. And the various guilds can make for some cool NPC interplay. On the other hand I'm hip deep in two Forgotten Realms campaigns right now and don't see myself halting them for a new setting anytime soon. 

 

It may be one I pick up down the road, or maybe just to read for the lore and not actually play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also released a digital book on DM's Guild for Eberron adapted to 5e that is available now and will always be updating.  Granted it's not really new stuff, but I know some of my group is wanting this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running Curse of Strahd currently, was planing on going into dragon heist/mad mage from that.

 

I'm sure there is going to be big interest in this from them.... to tell them or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rossi_84 said:

Running Curse of Strahd currently, was planing on going into dragon heist/mad mage from that.

 

I'm sure there is going to be big interest in this from them.... to tell them or not?

How're y'all liking Strahd. That's going to be the next one I run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2018 at 3:23 AM, Dodger said:

Shit like this just makes me want to get back into mtg 

 

I'd love to try out D&D, MTG (and after today's Youtube binge, Warhammer 40K) but the entry requirements for all of them are just well above me. It's a shame they generate revenue because it would be so much easier to play them on consoles (for little old me at least). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

 

I'd love to try out D&D, MTG (and after today's Youtube binge, Warhammer 40K) but the entry requirements for all of them are just well above me. It's a shame they generate revenue because it would be so much easier to play them on consoles (for little old me at least). 

If you want to get into MtG on the cheap, look into limited formats.  Maintaining a collection and keeping up with constructed formats got way too expensive and time consuming for me, so I stick to limited now.  Booster drafts are a great way to get into it for relatively low investment.  Your local game store likely has booster drafts every week (Friday Night Magic) if they sell magic cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slug said:

If you want to get into MtG on the cheap, look into limited formats.  Maintaining a collection and keeping up with constructed formats got way too expensive and time consuming for me, so I stick to limited now.  Booster drafts are a great way to get into it for relatively low investment.  Your local game store likely has booster drafts every week (Friday Night Magic) if they sell magic cards.

 

That's tempting and the great thing about where I live is it's very 'indie', so we have a good number of board game shops, model shops etc.  It's just a case of going along, though they're also terribly advertised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...