Anyone have any experience with EVGA RMA times?

jaethos

So I've just gotten RMA approval for my 1080ti and it's crashing shenanigans. I have two options for the return, either I send it in and they send me a replacement after they get it, or I pay for the replacement and get it sent to me first, then get refunded after they get my current card. I'm guessing this will either mean around two weeks without a decent GPU (I'd have to slot in an old AMD card I still have to be able to use my PC in the interim) or I'd be out somewhere around $700 for two to three weeks.

Has anyone had to do this before, can you share your experience?

Did it with a PSU (had coil whine when turning off). Did the option where I purchase then they refund so the PSU could be sent immediately. The PSU was shipped next day from CA, had it in 2-3 days (I’m in NJ), shipped the bad PSU once I had the replacement (you don’t have to wait), they received it in 4-5 days and processed the refund in a day or two after they received the faulty PSU. I just put it on my Amazon CC so I wasn’t actually out any money during the process. 

• Thanks 1

I ended up going with the regular return process. I sent in my card on Wed and they got it on Fri. I just got the tracking number for my replacement card, which should be here this Wed, so a week total turn around time.

In the mean time I have my old Radeon 7850 installed. It has 1GB RAM. I'm playing games on my Xbox.

My replacement card came today. It's a good thing my case has plenty of space, because they sent me an RTX 2080 XC Ultra with an enormous 3 slot cooler. I've run it through a couple benchmarks so far and and it seems stable, so that's already a big improvement. Now I guess I need to try out the ray tracing in Control.

Over all it was a pretty easy process. I did have the original box for my 1080ti, so safely shipping it to EVGA was easy. Ground shipping only took two days between us so shipping cost wasn't bad either.

11 hours ago, jaethos said:

My replacement card came today. It's a good thing my case has plenty of space, because they sent me an RTX 2080 XC Ultra with an enormous 3 slot cooler. I've run it through a couple benchmarks so far and and it seems stable, so that's already a big improvement. Now I guess I need to try out the ray tracing in Control.

Over all it was a pretty easy process. I did have the original box for my 1080ti, so safely shipping it to EVGA was easy. Ground shipping only took two days between us so shipping cost wasn't bad either.

Pretty sure the SC Ultra 2080 is faster than your old 1080 Ti too :sun: 

Told you in that other thread: EVGA Customer Service is f’n GOAT

EDIT: I was curious: https://www.legitreviews.com/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-xc-ultra-graphics-card-review_208720 ~10% faster than your 1080 Ti