~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

All over Northern VA was already closed for a month.

Really liking the work so far out of the government here. Considerations for child care, lunches, workers. 

40k applied for unemployment last week.

Richmond metro schools were closed until April 13ish anyway, so effectively a month since last week

7 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

All over Northern VA was already closed for a month.

Really liking the work so far out of the government here. Considerations for child care, lunches, workers. 

40k applied for unemployment last week.

My county in NC is using the buses to deliver breakfast and lunch to every k-8 student in the district. 

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Well Dallas county goes to shelter in place at midnight tonight. 

I was sent home with a box full of my pc, keyboard, mouse, headset, and a monitor. It’s been a day. Our VPN is currently down, so no calls are getting answered. We were not prepared for this. 

Dallas here too, had a company call explaining how we actually are an essential business. I’m remote full time anyway but sucks for those who still have to go in. 

Baltimore turning downtown convention centre and hotel into field hospital:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-baltimore-field-hospital-20200323-vbmgjpohwff2hm54l2mvmkivqe-story.html

The Baltimore Convention Center on West Pratt Street and the adjacent city-owned Hilton Hotel will open as a field hospital to accommodate a surge in patients amid the coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Larry Hogan announced Monday.

The hospital will be run in a joint partnership between the University of Maryland Medical System and Johns Hopkins Medicine. The sites are being set up by the Maryland National Guard and the Army Corps of Engineers, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency is expected to provide at least 250 beds for the sites. Hogan did not say when the facility was expected to open.

Opening the field hospital is part of Hogan’s plan to add another 6,000 hospital beds in the state. The first phase, he said, has yielded 900 beds more beds that are immediately available. Another 1,400 beds should be ready by early April.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Baltimore turning downtown convention centre and hotel into field hospital:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-md-baltimore-field-hospital-20200323-vbmgjpohwff2hm54l2mvmkivqe-story.html

They turned the Reno,NV downtown convention center into a homeless shelter. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.rgj.com/amp/2890405001

But because the shelter has a limited number of mattresses and blankets, it will be closing its existing facilities overnight except for veterans and individuals with medical needs.

"If you were at Record Street last night you'd see people were sleeping shoulder to shoulder," said the shelter's director Pat Cashell. "There is absolutely no social distancing going on and it's not safe for anybody."

Cashell said he hopes to place orders for more blankets and mattresses on Monday and will be able to assess whether the additional facilities can reopen for overnight sheltering when supplies arrive.

"We wanted to get the social distancing right away," he said.

Until then, Record Street will be available to the homeless only for showering, meals and laundry, Cashell said.

5 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Please be safe.

The upside is that I currently live alone in a house and work out on Long Island and commute by car. Basically, I'm able to be confined and solitary minus at work. BUT I also have my own office so I just shut the door all day.

Still, I had to make the vent post because I'm fucking frustrated as all hell today watching people whom I have to yell at every hour. It's like having a pack of fucking 8 year olds work for you.

8 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

This is kinda surreal that it looks like letting millions of people die could very well be a feature and not a bug of this administration’s upcoming strategy.

It's really not surreal, not just of this administration but of the GOP. Pro-life only when it's convenient to their bullshit narrative.

6 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

It's really not surreal, not just of this administration but of the GOP. Pro-life only when it's convenient to their bullshit narrative.

Pro-life only for the purpose of spawning more coronavirus consumers.

8 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Well the surreal part is the ones most likely to die and be sacrificed are largely their own base. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

i remember going down to New Orleans about 7 years ago for a horror writing convention which my sister likes to attend (I just wanted out for a trip) Anyways, we ran into a resident of New Orleans in the French Quarter as we waited for our pizza to be cooked. He mentioned that even since Katrina hit the whole area had changed and not for the good because of these rental owners. He said he could before the hurricane name all his neighbours up and down his block. After he knew 2-3 people as the renters took over and were constantly changing yearly and sometimes monthly. So maybe this will actually help bring the city back to what he remembers if these houses are being dumped into the market