~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

My sister said her store might start bagging all produce before being put out for sale. Not because of asshole kids like that but because people like to feel the product before purchase. They also are asking people NOT to use reusable bags and will be using store plastic bags again with no charge (usually 5 cents a bag) Also going to install Plexiglass to protect the cashier too and so are some other different grocery store chains

I know a few stores switched to pre-bagging produce as well to cut down on people touching half the stuff before picking one (yeah I know i'm guilty of that sometimes as well).

I also got an update from Loblaws that they're temporarily upping employee's wages. I wish more companies that are putting people at risk would would follow suit. 

"We have made the decision to temporarily increase compensation for our store and distribution centre colleagues by approximately 15% retroactive to March 8th in recognition of their outstanding and ongoing efforts keeping our stores open and operating so effectively"

This is on top of them installing plexiglass, and distributing gloves, mask & sanitisers to their store for employees. 

20 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'm fucking quoting Chelsea handler what the fuck is this world coming to

Same thing in Ontario as well. Some stores were closed because the store front owner has like 23 stores across Canada (Tokyo Smokes) I guess they are left open for medicinal reasons and sure does help calm my nerves down. (but I grow my own)

Canadian Military: Prepare for multiple waves of COVID-19 over 12 months

The notion that the virus caseload could recede and then return is a feature of federal government planning.

The Public Health Agency of Canada has put out a notice looking for people to staff its Centre for Emergency Preparedness and Response during the crisis and the secondment is expected to last between 12 and 24 months.

Vance told CBC News today the directive is "generally speaking worst-case scenario" planning and can be regarded as a set of assumptions at the moment.

"COVID might last two months or four months, but in a strategic planning guidance I would ask what happens if it lasts 12 months," Vance said.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

“When someone has an infection, I’m used to seeing the normal colors you’d associate with it: greens and yellows. The coronavirus patients with ARDS have been having a lot of secretions that are actually pink because they’re filled with blood cells that are leaking into their airways. They are essentially drowning in their own blood and fluids because their lungs are so full. So we’re constantly having to suction out the secretions every time we go into their rooms.”

Sounds like absolute hell. :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, emalider said:

I came to post this. What I'd already read about basically suffocating while hooked up to a breathing tube was scary enough and that just makes it way more real. Fuck.

14 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was wondering the same thing.

if it were like my time working at the theatre then it’s a yes/no scenario. I take it you’re all digital for the projectors now. Still need to get Warner Bros. approval, Digital Copy of film (via shipped out HDD/satellite download) and a digital key from the studio to unlock the movie to play on the projector. Could probably also (with WB blessing/permission) hook up a UHD player and get away with playing the 4K disc going through the projector via HDMI too. We did this (they still do 7 years later after I left) for our single Saturday morning family movie for people to enjoy for $2.50. 

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Are you allowed to start showing older movies? Like hey watch the original Matrix on the big screen drive through our pandemic special!

I think he mentioned he was told by Disney that he can play con air again. :thinking:

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1