~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

22 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

There is a reason I come here day after day , this thread has it all. Guns, Drugs, Booze, Rap videos, Zombies,Unemployment, and cleaning your butthole with old vegetables. 

How is this place not more popular. 

Technically, corn is a grass. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

I have put my nametag from work in my pocket or bag before thinking "It'll be fine, I'll remember to be careful when I go to grab it" and sure enough it will get opened from jostling and I'll forget and wind up stabbing myself when I reach my hand in.

I wonder if anyone using a corncob to wipe thier ass has ever realized they left in a cob holder mid-wipe before.

10 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I have put my nametag from work in my pocket or bag before thinking "It'll be fine, I'll remember to be careful when I go to grab it" and sure enough it will get opened from jostling and I'll forget and wind up stabbing myself when I reach my hand in.

I wonder if anyone using a corncob to wipe thier ass has ever realized they left in a cob holder mid-wipe before.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I talked to my buddy that owns two gun shops and said this is like nothing he’s seen in 20 years of business. Can’t keep anything on the shelves, desperately trying to restock.

This is even more stupid than the TP hoarding. I haven't bought ammo in probably over a year, I've still got several boxes and never would have thought of needing more now.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This is even more stupid than the TP hoarding. I haven't bought ammo in probably over a year, I've still got several boxes and never would have thought of needing more now.

People are getting worried about what happens when we do this stuff for months on end. Mass layoffs, uncertainty, and the deaths of people we know is a recipe for large scale social unrest. I wouldn’t be surprised if crime like burglaries increase.

Still not buying guns :p 

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Fuck Them.

My sister said her store might start bagging all produce before being put out for sale. Not because of asshole kids like that but because people like to feel the product before purchase. They also are asking people NOT to use reusable bags and will be using store plastic bags again with no charge (usually 5 cents a bag) Also going to install Plexiglass to protect the cashier too and so are some other different grocery store chains

19 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Fuck Them.

My sister said her store might start bagging all produce before being put out for sale. Not because of asshole kids like that but because people like to feel the product before purchase. They also are asking people NOT to use reusable bags and will be using store plastic bags again with no charge (usually 5 cents a bag) Also going to install Plexiglass to protect the cashier too and so are some other different grocery store chains

What is the rationale for not allowing reusable bags?

That is the thing they worry about, that not everyone washes their bags and could be spreading the potential virus as they walk through the store with them. I guess they assume that the plastic bags are in store, brand new and are on their way out shortly after touching them. 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh look, Canada's worst rich person has a horrible opinion:

A global depression will kill lots of people. It is actually a balancing act.

So everything I've read the past couple of days about how we can wean ourselves off of total lockdown while we're still waiting for some combination of vaccine and proven pharmaceutical option involves pumping out a massive amount of antibody tests as soon as possible so we can identify people who have developed immunity and get them back into the workforce. Has anyone in the Trump administration mentioned anything that suggests that they have any sort of a plan for this or that this is even on their radar whatsoever?

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I feel like social media’s unique capacity to induce mass anxiety/paranoia and augment the power of conspiracy theories is going to be particularly powerful in an environment where everyone’s stuck at home with literally nothing to relate to the outside world with beyond the internet.

This will be quite the social experiment.