~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh god, he's going to announce county-wide trials of a drug that haven't been tested yet, isn't he? Does anyone trust drug companies to not produce untested drugs for everyone if the federal government is willing to pay for it?

4 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

My aide's husband works at a gun store, the Instant Background Check website keeps crashing because sales across the State are through the roof. 

I just got off the phone with one of customers(a gun shop in VA) they are getting literally hundreds of incoming calls an hour and are sold out of almost everything. I had my work emails cleaned out at 9:45 this morning, by 11:15 I had 84 items in my inbox. 

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

That, or people were throwing bags filled with dry corn through a hole in a board.  One of the two.

He wasn’t talking about the yard game :p 

Everyday I mutter to myself something along the lines of “this is like something out of a movie”. Unfortunately it is happening while we are also living in the stupidest timeline. 

Hang in there, everybody.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

World War Z is a fantastic book and I understand that the audiobook is one of the best around...

...oh, look at that - I have some unused Audible credits!

I‘ve got 3 I need to use, guess it’s 2 now...

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

I just got off the phone with one of customers(a gun shop in VA) they are getting literally hundreds of incoming calls an hour and are sold out of almost everything

Thats because the morons think this is the perfect time for the US Govt to come in swipe the 2A out of their hands and start confiscating arms.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Can confirm. I run a small video production company (0 employees, all owner-operators) and we have had 5 jobs cancelled already. On top of that, I had this realization yesterday that none of our customers are even going to be open to pay us for the work that we've already done and are doing for them. 

I talked to my buddy that owns two gun shops and said this is like nothing he’s seen in 20 years of business. Can’t keep anything on the shelves, desperately trying to restock.

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Looks like just under 1,400 deaths worldwide today, half in Italy. And with today's numbers, the mortality rate in Italy has reached 9%.

:(

I was just looking at that.

+793 deaths in the last 24 hours. 4,825 total.

47 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

World War Z is a fantastic book and I understand that the audiobook is one of the best around...

...oh, look at that - I have some unused Audible credits!

I’ll see if I can dig up a recent CNN interview with Brooks and his dad on this topic. 

Our drive In represented 20% of Onward’s box office Friday. What a weird thing to see.

I’m damn near single handedly propping up the industry, guys.

4 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

There is a reason I come here day after day , this thread has it all. Guns, Drugs, Booze, Rap videos, Zombies,Unemployment, and cleaning your butthole with old vegetables. 

How is this place not more popular. 

It’s on a need-to-know basis. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Looks like just under 1,400 deaths worldwide today, half in Italy. And with today's numbers, the mortality rate in Italy has reached 9%.

:(

I don't think I've ever posted one of those "Mother of God" gifs without being somewhat joking/sarcastic, but that was my genuine reaction reading that. 

1 in 10 for all cases. On one hand you could argue it was due to a poor response, but on the other I have little confidence the U.S. will be any better.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The benefit of not re-electing Matt Bevin can now literally be counted in lives.