~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Mulvaney has an incredible ability to ask himself insane questions aloud and then casually answer in the affirmative.

What were the insane questions in that clip?

Just now, sblfilms said:

What were the insane questions in that clip?

Are we going to shut down schools? Probably.

Will public transportation be impacted? Sure.

Did he also mention to me in the past the corruption that related to the DNC server? Absolutely, no question about that. That's why we held up the money.

27 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Are we going to shut down schools? Probably.

Will public transportation be impacted? Sure.l

Those aren’t insane questions though. I’m sure there are examples of what you describe, but nothing in the video qualifies. 

I do hate that form or speech though, the asking a question and answering it thing. It’s, ahem, infected our society.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Those aren’t insane questions though. I’m sure there are examples of what you describe, but nothing in the video qualifies. 

I do hate that form or speech though, the asking a question and answering it thing. It’s, ahem, infected our society.

They’re insane because he completely downplays the impact of them. Shutting down schools or public transportation for long periods of time is really bad! They aren’t the type of consequences you can or should shrug off. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

They’re insane because he completely downplays the impact of them. Shutting down schools or public transportation for long periods of time is really bad! They aren’t the type of consequences you can or should shrug off. 

He didn’t say that, you’re reading that into the comments. You have to make an assumption about the severity of some schools closing for a time and the unstated affects on public transportation to even come close to thinking its “insane”. But in the clip he gives an example of what he is referring to with schools being closed for a couple of days, so that gives a baseline for what he is talking about.