~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Honestly, something needs to be passed for us. We’re out here busting our asses risking infection for the same shitty pay rates we were getting when everyone was complacent.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Agreed. If everything is closed but essential services, then those still working should be paid hazard pay.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen, in fact they seem to be going out of their way to screw over many of those low wage earners.

But the checks will shrink for both low and high earners. Americans with little to no tax liability (aka, poor folks) will only receive a minimum payment of $600, unless they earned less than $2,500, in which case they get zilch. Low-wage workers who don’t have a federal tax return for 2018 or 2019—adults generally aren’t required to file one they if earn less than the standard deduction—also won’t qualify for the early rebate

Just now, TwinIon said:

I don't understand. How does this make sense? How can you be too poor to receive this kind of help?

As a fairly low wage earner myself, I am not at all making any plans at all for counting on a dime from this to begin with. If it actually happens, good, but I doubt it.

I think we'll be lucky if, in a monthes time, this won't shake out to be that none of us got any funds at all, and billionaires made off with a few more trillion.

I posted this on our theater page as I’ve received a lot of messages from customers asking if we will be open in 2 weeks:

Things are changing on nearly an hourly basis, but I wanted to give you guys an idea of what a mess the movie business is in right now.

Due to these shut downs, particularly this new one in California, the production and post production of movies has ceased.

Most of these companies won’t be back to work for at least two months, and in the interim many will go out of business. It will take several months for these movie productions to get back on track. Since movies these days with all their CGI typically aren’t complete until days before they premiere, nothing past March was actually complete when the shut downs began.

There is a strong possibility now that no major movies will be released theatrically before October or November. It is very unlikely that we have anything new before August.

4 hours ago, Jose said:

My wife and I both woke up with a sore throat and now I am acting stupid.

I had to do a Stelara injection on Wednesday and yesterday I felt like shit, including a brain fog that kind of feels like what you expect when you get a fever...except no fever. Doctor agrees it's probably just expected side effects from the Stelara but definitely not a fun time to have these side effects.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Agreed. If everything is closed but essential services, then those still working should be paid hazard pay.

I'm with you on that. I got a bottle of hand sanitizer and gloves to pick up from the office but they don’t want you there if you can as well. My sister on the other hand gets a $20 voucher for the grocery store she works at for every 8hr shift she works and on Sundays gets an additional $4premium on top of her regular pay.

3 hours ago, Firewithin said:

It's odd to me that this is such a triggering question for him. It's such a softball. Just continue lying about how you have everything under control and how you're going to fix everything and how beautiful the response is etc. etc. 

I'm sure that he interpreted it as "people are scared, therefore it's your fault." He's just so unbelievably incapable of empathy and so entirely focused on himself.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I'm with you on that. I got a bottle of hand sanitizer and gloves to pick up from the office but they don’t want you there if you can as well. My sister on the other hand gets a $20 voucher for the grocery store she works at for every 8hr shift she works and on Sundays gets an additional $4premium on top of her regular pay.

What chain does she work for? I'm just curious how different chains are handling this. I've been really liking the constant communication put out by the loblaw team.

Donald Trump has been completely ASLEEP at the wheel on this thing. We have a fucking ass-clown pres at every turn, and Americans are dumb enough to approve of his lack of interest and dithering on something that he has his son-in-law reading up on instead of public health officials. He signed a one day positive stock chart in the middle of a huge BEAR, bragging about it on twitter.

Where are the test kits? We are still only testing very specific segments of the population. Trump refused the WHO testing methodology and wanted us to do our own. What a perfect example how America First became America Last. Pandemics should show to rational people all over the world that invisible borders do not magically stop diseases. We are all on the same planet, and since we are, we have to cooperate on certain shit like this. Yet it seems like people are too dumb to get it here in America so far. That's another depressing part of all this. Trumpism was declared dead in an article in Politico, but the saddest part of all is when everyone realizes that even with a pandemic, experts will still be shown contempt and distrust because Trumpism has once again somehow survived. 

God I hope I'm wrong. I hope it ends up not being that bad here.

• Sad 1

Basically, a smart-thermometer company has devices that report back readings to try and predict locations of future flu outbreaks that aren't yet officially diagnosed. Here are their current national readings:

Florida is about to be destroyed as these people enter the critical phase of the virus.

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Basically, a smart-thermometer company has devices that report back readings to try and predict locations of future flu outbreaks that aren't yet officially diagnosed. Here are their current national readings:

Florida is about to be destroyed as these people enter the critical phase of the virus.

Those spring break kids need to be quarantined in Florida, not matter where they came from. 

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Those spring break kids need to be quarantined in Florida, not matter where they came from. 

I know of a nice little camp on the southeastern side of Cuba that might be appropriate for them. :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3