~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

On 11/25/2021 at 10:31 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

At some point the media should stop reporting on nasty voicemails from anti-vaxxers.  The people doing this are looking for attention, and we should stop giving it to them.

On 11/25/2021 at 12:41 PM, sblfilms said:

THIS. Stop giving attention to them. Stop signal boosting their nonsense.

I'm going to extend this to this board as well.

At least one doctor is saying anecdotally that Omicron cases seem milder. Another hospital is saying younger people are coming in with severe cases, HOWEVER, they are mostly unvaccinated or partially vaccinated.

TELEMMGLPICT000278983959_trans_NvBQzQNjv
WWW.TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Dr Angelique Coetze noticed otherwise healthy patients demonstrating unusual symptoms and worries how the new variant might hurt the elderly
706930ff-ed38-4885-8882-ab83d761370f.jpe
SLATE.COM

Authorities worry health facilities could quickly become overwhelmed as new variant is being blamed for a surge in new COVID-19 cases.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

I do rope pulls and overhead tricep pulls with the full weight stack. Wear a fucking mask. 

I get that but I’m Toronto the majority of us wear a mask.  You have to be vaccinated to to anything other than shop.  Gyms were granted exemption from masks only when working out so I’m following the rules.

• Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Aren't there masks specifically made for the gym and physical activity?

There are, but they're usually vented to help you stay cool. Not great at keeping others safe. My wife bought one I occasional steal. It does hold still pretty well and has a great seal on the bridge of your nose which works really well at keeping my glasses fog free when I'm really sweating.

6 hours ago, CayceG said:

Well, it finally happened. A relative has fallen to Q over the vaccines and covid. 

So this is fairly distant, but I see them every Thanksgiving and Christmas. My cousin on my dad's side married this guy. I'm not super close with him, but he's always been generally pretty jovial and okay to cut up with at the holiday gatherings. He's always been right wing--his son's a cop, he was big into Trump. But that was fine. We could spar with one another here and there and leave it with a "but whatever" and be fine to move on. 

Last year, our thanksgiving and christmas gatherings (which usually had 20+ people at them) were cancelled for safety reasons. We started back this year since everyone (minus this guy) was vaccinated. He gets there and I find him. He's sitting in a room by himself watching football, brooding. I strike up some small talk because I know he liked to mix it up in the past and he's always outspoken. So I talk about my work's vaccine mandate. He says a couple of dismissive things and then says "but I'm on a short leash, so I can't talk much." The look on his face is really pained in that it looks like he wants to go off. 

He doesn't get in line when food's ready. He doesn't eat with us. After the meal, when we're all milling around, he's nowhere to be found. As I was leaving, I catch a glimpse of him and the rest of his family leaving in their car. He sat in his car the entire time alone. 

I talked with my hillbilly uncle and he was like "oh yeah, he's into that Q stuff. It made him angry at the world. He lost a few friends over it and might even quit his job." He makes $26/hr driving dump trucks. That's damn good money here. He's always been big on talk, and that might just be all talk... but with Q, you never know. And if it came to that, his wife--my cousin--might decide that's the last straw.

I wish I knew more. What got to him, if it's actually Qanon stuff, or just run of the mill (lol) right wing stuff on facebook
It's no one I'm really mourning over losing. I see him twice a year and have only really done that in the last 5-6 years. I didn't grow up with him or anything. But the drastic change from 2019 to now is stark. I just feel bad for everyone in his life that was more close to him or that had to deal with him in the day to day over the last two years. Facebook, Q, OANN, and all that garbage got to him.

What really strikes me about this whole story is his "victimhood". He "was on a short leash", couldn't bring himself to talk about something else like a normal person, and "had" to go sit pouting in the car. 

JpuH78t.gif

2 minutes ago, Nokra said:

What really strikes me about this whole story is his "victimhood". He "was on a short leash", couldn't bring himself to talk about something else like a normal person, and "had" to go sit pouting in the car. 

It really just sounds more like a spoiled and bratty child getting sent to timeout.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Nokra said:

JpuH78t.gif

Precisely. He did all of this himself and is solely responsible for being this much of a mush brain that it got him into this situation.