~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Cool, so many parents have been lying about their kids and sending them to school on enough meds to hide symptoms that my son's school is now doing the opposite of what schools have always done in the past. Every day for the past week and a half, we've gotten notes of someone in the school having COVID. No more doctor's note to excuse absences. Now your doctor has to directly fax a note to the school that clearing kids of COVID or they're getting turned away at the door.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Because I can't share this info with many people in my life (just my wife and close friends)—I've been doing daily COVID-19 updates on my province's main subreddits, organizing the government stats into an easier-to-read format since the government hasn't done a good job. Here is an image of how my posts started out a year ago, and how they look today (well, I smashed the six pages together, normally they are separate and much larger):

4UaZooZ.jpg

I don't share that I'm the one doing it because A) I don't need any recognition, and B) as much as I get offers for a drink, dinner, or gifts to thank me for doing the work, I also get threats and harassment from anti-vaxxers, saying my charts are "hate filled" and designed to segregate the world. 

However, as today was the one-year mark of my posts, I decided to do something. I made a thread in each of the subreddits and asked everyone who had offered to buy me a drink to do something better with the money—give it to charity. I set up a fundraiser for a great local charity that provides help for the homeless (which is a real issue in my city at the moment, especially during winter), and posted the link: 

okayarbiters-fundraiser-for-carmichael-o
WWW.CANADAHELPS.ORG

A fundraiser to help the homeless and those in poverty, on behalf of the daily reddit COVID-19 updates - OkayArbiter

I am floored by the response. I set a goal of $2,000, thinking it would take two weeks to reach it, and right now, only a few hours after posting, the total already sits at $2,533. I am so happy that I've been able to do something positive with the "fame" that I've accrued, beyond doing a small thing with the daily charts. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Because I can't share this info with many people in my life (just my wife and close friends)—I've been doing daily COVID-19 updates on my province's main subreddits, organizing the government stats into an easier-to-read format since the government hasn't done a good job. Here is an image of how my posts started out a year ago, and how they look today (well, I smashed the six pages together, normally they are separate and much larger):

4UaZooZ.jpg

I don't share that I'm the one doing it because A) I don't need any recognition, and B) as much as I get offers for a drink, dinner, or gifts to thank me for doing the work, I also get threats and harassment from anti-vaxxers, saying my charts are "hate filled" and designed to segregate the world. 

However, as today was the one-year mark of my posts, I decided to do something. I made a thread in each of the subreddits and asked everyone who had offered to buy me a drink to do something better with the money—give it to charity. I set up a fundraiser for a great local charity that provides help for the homeless (which is a real issue in my city at the moment, especially during winter), and posted the link: 

okayarbiters-fundraiser-for-carmichael-o
WWW.CANADAHELPS.ORG

A fundraiser to help the homeless and those in poverty, on behalf of the daily reddit COVID-19 updates - OkayArbiter

I am floored by the response. I set a goal of $2,000, thinking it would take two weeks to reach it, and right now, only a few hours after posting, the total already sits at $2,533. I am so happy that I've been able to do something positive with the "fame" that I've accrued, beyond doing a small thing with the daily charts. 

$3k+ now bitch, wtg

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Check the thread to find your state.

FE4o36lXEAkxqte?format=jpg&name=medium

"Politics has made us so divided"

"Why are both sides so mean to each other?"

One side is so stupid they would literally have us all become plague rats and kill a significant portion of the population if they had their way but yeah both sides or whatever.

Fucking unvaccinated dipshits want to clog up our hospital beds. There was this massive vaccination center in Bakersfield back before eligibility was opened up to the general public that people were driving to from LA County, even San Diego and San Francisco, because the community just wasn't getting vaccinated so they said fuck it anyone who wants a shot that can make it here can have one. 

If someone like has a stroke or something then I guess they can have a bed but anyone unvaccinated who caught COVID can rot where they are. 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Officials are urging California to make it easier to transfer hospital patients to places like L.A. County.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fucking unvaccinated dipshits want to clog up our hospital beds. There was this massive vaccination center in Bakersfield back before eligibility was opened up to the general public that people were driving to from LA County, even San Diego and San Francisco, because the community just wasn't getting vaccinated so they said fuck it anyone who wants a shot that can make it here can have one. 

If someone like has a stroke or something then I guess they can have a bed but anyone unvaccinated who caught COVID can rot where they are. 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Officials are urging California to make it easier to transfer hospital patients to places like L.A. County.

Central California is hell on Earth.

So update on my booster:

The first day, I had muscle aches and fatigue. Went to bed that night and the aches intensified but subsided the next day. The second day, I had fewer aches (still some joint pain), but more fatigue. Starting last night and into today, the third day, the lymph node under my left arm (the arm I got the booster in) is swollen and tender. 

It's still not that big a deal and everything I'm experiencing is proof this thing is working. But it's markedly different than how the 2nd shot hit me, which was aches and fatigue for about a day or two, and that was it. 

I would very much like for my lymph node to not be so tender though. 

I just took a test for my flight back to the USA, I'm in Mexico. Negative!!! Yay 

Also no one here has problems wearing masks. In some touristy spots some chuds won't go inside stores because they have to wear them and it's like so... You flew here to not see anything to prove a political point in a country where no one gets or cares about your politics? Idiots.

You could say things are going well here in Michigan.  Now I'm wondering how many people are going to lose their lives after fighting the black Friday crowds for a shitty TV.

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — The federal government will send 44 military medical staffers to Michigan to help beleaguered hospitals treat COVID-19 patients amid a fourth surge that is...

• Sad 1

Why do idiots always target ice cream companies?

And they are a fantastic Canadian company:

• When their ice cream plant burned down, they continued to pay their entire staff for a year while they rebuilt
  • They built an entire separate facility for peanut/allergen-free products
  • Paid $2 million to keep a local school open near their plant which many employees use for their children
  • Volunteered their ice cream freezers to store vaccines for the government
  • Donated millions to local hospitals during the pandemic

But they are evil because they are demanding workers be vaccinated. Fuck off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Why do idiots always target ice cream companies?

And they are a fantastic Canadian company:

• When their ice cream plant burned down, they continued to pay their entire staff for a year while they rebuilt
  • They built an entire separate facility for peanut/allergen-free products
  • Paid $2 million to keep a local school open near their plant which many employees use for their children
  • Volunteered their ice cream freezers to store vaccines for the government
  • Donated millions to local hospitals during the pandemic

But they are evil because they are demanding workers be vaccinated. Fuck off.

Damn, their ice cream kinda sucks but I think I'll buy some this weekend

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

At some point the media should stop reporting on nasty voicemails from anti-vaxxers.  The people doing this are looking for attention, and we should stop giving it to them.

THIS. Stop giving attention to them. Stop signal boosting their nonsense.