~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sorry to hear that, shingles can be rough. How long have you had symptoms? 

I think it started last Sunday. Skiin was just sore / sensitive it takes a while for the marks to manifest and by then it was Friday and Doctors don't work during the weekend so I had to wait till today to find out.

The last couple of days have been rough. Day before yesterday I sat a majority with no fever but just pouring out sweat. That night when doing vitals check, my oxygen levels dropped to the low 90s we decided best to monitor every half hour, it stay there for about 4-5 hours. Yesterday wasn't as bad except that had no energy to do anything and around 5ish just crashed and slept until this morning. My son said he checked on me and vitals were fine last night. Must have been from the previous day my body just was like no more. Seriously if this is what is was like for me while vaccinated, I am not sure I want to know if I wasn't. Today so far I'm feeling pretty good, a stray cough about once an hour or so, vitals all normal. So here is hoping that the worst is behind. 

Also side note, I'm a bit pissed that here my son and I am following all the rule of quarantining and whatnot set forth by our jobs and health department, when the bitch that gave it to my son shown up to work at a hospital with a fever and coughing, intentionally bypassed the screener station and worked in her area without a mask after being told that she was positive but not informing her work.  But, she won't get punished for doing any of that. Utter fucking bullshit. 

• Like 2

My wife's unvaccinated friend (a chud) is giddy that she may have COVID.  She has been sick since last week, and just lost her sense of taste and smell.  Her husband also is getting sick.  No co-morbidities as far as I know, so they'll likely be fine after the infections clear, but it's strange to celebrate getting infected.  

I was just talking with the guy I bought our first drive in from. This guy is exactly what you think of when rural white guy Trump voter comes to mind.

He asked me if I got vaccinated, which put us on a hilarious path of discussion where he claimed that the vaccine is very deadly, that it kills the antibodies in your body, etc. It ultimately ended when he told me to research it on the internet, and when I asked where he said “I don’t know, I haven’t done it because I’m not computer literate”.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I was just talking with the guy I bought our first drive in from. This guy is exactly what you think of when rural white guy Trump voter comes to mind.

He asked me if I got vaccinated, which put us on a hilarious path of discussion where he claimed that the vaccine is very deadly, that it kills the antibodies in your body, etc. It ultimately ended when he told me to research it on the internet, and when I asked where he said “I don’t know, I haven’t done it because I’m not computer literate”.

kirk douglas wood GIF

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

How do people like this not know they are stupid?

One of the other points of the conversation that made me laugh when he said it was that he was glad his dad got the shot since he is 82.

I asked what does the shot do when you’re 82 that made you think it was a good thing

”Well, nothing. But he is 82.”

I am genuinely amazed that this guy could have such a difficult time with all of this when he is simultaneously a genius level mechanical engineer. I don’t get how your brain can be so proficient in these terribly complex matters and then so…not when it comes to very basic logic.

The human mind is odd

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

One of the other points of the conversation that made me laugh when he said it was that he was glad his dad got the shot since he is 82.

I asked what does the shot do when you’re 82 that made you think it was a good thing

I am genuinely amazed that this guy could have such a difficult time with all of this when he is simultaneously a genius level mechanical engineer. I don’t get how your brain can be so proficient in these terribly complex matters and then so…not when it comes to very basic logic.

The human mind is odd

Compartmentalization 

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The human mind is odd

that fits my description of my former co-worker I have mentioned several times here. I was in the back recovering after my wrist surgery and he fell out of a delivery truck. (Collar bone and torn ligaments in his right shoulder) He has great knowledge of a lot things good, but when it comes to politics. Well, it’s best to describe it as a Jekyll and Hyde like transition. Trump could say nothing wrong and said COVID wasn’t going to be anything really but government control, and that it wasn’t that deadly. (right after my aunt died of it) I know part of the anger was towards the gov because his wife’s used book store had to shut its doors because of the restrictions imposed. Still he was glued to OANN and other right wing conspiracy news about the Clinton family corruption/yakuza like control. I have no idea if he got the shot or not but he I could see go both ways, but was willing to let his parents take it. 

My wife's aunt started feeling sick Sunday and tested positive. She's about 3 days in, light fever, achey, tired, nothing serious yet. She's around 60 yrs old, heavy smoker, almost no fat on her(she's always been small/skin and bones most of her life). She was vaccinated. I only say all this because her husband did not want the vaccine..... until today when he decided to go get the shot because he got scared. And now he's got a bad headache...So maybe its side effects from the shot or maybe he's getting sick from her :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The human mind is odd

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

that fits my description of my former co-worker I have mentioned several times here. I was in the back recovering after my wrist surgery and he fell out of a delivery truck. (Collar bone and torn ligaments in his right shoulder) He has great knowledge of a lot things good, but when it comes to politics. Well, it’s best to describe it as a Jekyll and Hyde like transition. Trump could say nothing wrong and said COVID wasn’t going to be anything really but government control, and that it wasn’t that deadly. (right after my aunt died of it) I know part of the anger was towards the gov because his wife’s used book store had to shut its doors because of the restrictions imposed. Still he was glued to OANN and other right wing conspiracy news about the Clinton family corruption/yakuza like control. I have no idea if he got the shot or not but he I could see go both ways, but was willing to let his parents take it. 

This reminds me of something I was reading a while back and I wish I could find the link. Basically, as long as whatever nonsense these right wing ghouls are feeding them doesn't step into their area of expertise, the veil remains. Once they do step into that area of personal knowledge, it'll often shatter the entire conspiracy web. Unfortunately, these conspiracies rarely jump into very many topics, but I have seen some tech bros kind of break when it got into things like how servers worked in regards to whatever random Q conspiracy there was around the Dominion stuff.

15 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Got my 6 and 7 year old their chips.  Now the only one in my house not on the 5G family plan is the kid that's over 1 but under 2 years old. 

Got my 5yo chipped at his school. He had no response to it other than a slightly sore arm, but that could also have been him just complaining because he had a bandaid on his arm. He wasn't even tired. I'm jealous.

7 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

@Littleronin Hope you feel better soon. Sounds nasty even with the vaccine. More and more people in my circles have tested positive over the last month.

I am feeling better. So is my son. Just an observation but my wife had her booster and didn't get infected while my son and I have not received it and both got sick. Just saying the booster might be all that it is cracked up to be for those that received their initial doses back in February/March of the year.  

• Like 2

Looks like we're #1 again.  Not really sure how to feel about this, I'm boosted, I've done all I can to protect myself, and I just cannot muster up concern for those who refuse a vaccine at this point.  I would love to know what it is about this state that causes such drastic spikes in cases.  We were the oddball state at the beginning of the pandemic too.  Our vaccination rate isn't amazing, but it's also far from the worst.  We're at 70% with at least one dose.

813e607a-a582-4cef-bb88-3d5ffded4b6b-091
WWW.FREEP.COM

Michigan catapulted Tuesday to the worst COVID-19 hot spot in the nation, as the case rate rose to 503.8 per 100,000 residents, according to the CDC.

vaccine_kid.jpg
WWW.THESTAR.COM

A delivery of about three million doses is expected in the coming days, enough for a first dose for every Canadian child between ages five and 11.

Sounds like some provinces, after seeing the positive results of delayed doses, will be recommending an eight-week gap between doses.