~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

My aunt was a guest on Oprah back in the 90s.

This woman I went on a few dates with was a guest on Oprah.

And America's Most Wanted.

54821c7ba2045_-_michelle-kramer-411-xl.j
WWW.MARIECLAIRE.COM

On a trip to Greece for Michelle Kramer's birthday, her husband, a succesful doctor who lavished her with gifts, vanished. Her search for him turned up shredded documents, survivalist gear, and $6 million in debt.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This woman I went on a few dates with was a guest on Oprah.

And America's Most Wanted.

54821c7ba2045_-_michelle-kramer-411-xl.j
WWW.MARIECLAIRE.COM

On a trip to Greece for Michelle Kramer's birthday, her husband, a succesful doctor who lavished her with gifts, vanished. Her search for him turned up shredded documents, survivalist gear, and $6 million in debt.

I like to think that - regardless of whatever lovely qualities this lady did or didn't have - your primary motivation in taking her out was because you wanted an excuse to start hunting for the guy as a matter of sport.

• Haha 1

Son received a positive test today after an anti-vax mother of 5 tested positive in his department at our hospital Friday. He is pissed that he is forced off for the next week. I have to get daily tested now before shifts at our 911 dispatch. My first today, even with my day off, was negative. All of use are thankfully vaccinated. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I like to think that - regardless of whatever lovely qualities this lady did or didn't have - your primary motivation in taking her out was because you wanted an excuse to start hunting for the guy as a matter of sport.

I was sorely disappointed to learn that he was already in prison by the time I started dating her.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Son received a positive test today after an anti-vax mother of 5 tested positive in his department at our hospital Friday. He is pissed that he is forced off for the next week. I have to get daily tested now before shifts at our 911 dispatch. My first today, even with my day off, was negative. All of use are thankfully vaccinated. 

I totally misread this post initially which is why I gave it an upvote.

Apologies for that!

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I totally misread this post initially which is why I gave it an upvote.

Apologies for that!

It is all good. 

Wife had a rapid done today and is scheduled for a PCR test tomorrow. Her school district just doesn't give a damn, and told her that she will have to show up even with positive results as their is no coverage for her classroom. Luckily my son doesn't go out partying or anything so the circle of contacts from him and relatively small. For me I come in contact with all our deputies nearly daily but only across a room generally. My wife is the odd one out as her circle is an entire school worth of kids. 

8 hours ago, Littleronin said:

It is all good. 

Wife had a rapid done today and is scheduled for a PCR test tomorrow. Her school district just doesn't give a damn, and told her that she will have to show up even with positive results as their is no coverage for her classroom. Luckily my son doesn't go out partying or anything so the circle of contacts from him and relatively small. For me I come in contact with all our deputies nearly daily but only across a room generally. My wife is the odd one out as her circle is an entire school worth of kids. 

Doesn't your local area have some kind of official order to remain isolated if you have a positive case?

7J4HXAR6XRK3JJM2LA3OCITHFE.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

France's public health authority has recommended people under 30 be given Pfizer's Comirnaty COVID-19 vaccine when available instead of Moderna Inc's Spikevax jab, which carried comparatively higher risks of heart-related problems.

France's public health authority has recommended people under 30 be given Pfizer's (PFE.N) Comirnaty COVID-19 vaccine when available instead of Moderna Inc's (MRNA.O) Spikevax jab, which carried comparatively higher risks of heart-related problems.

The Haute Autorite de Sante (HAS), which does not have legal power to ban or licence drugs but acts as an advisor to the French health sector, cited "very rare" risks linked to Myocarditis, a heart disease, that had shown up in recent data on the Moderna vaccine and in a French study published on Monday.

"Within the population aged under 30, this risk appears to be around five times lesser with Pfizer's Comirnaty jab compared to Moderna's Spikevax jab," HAS said in its opinion published on Monday.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Went to get my flu shot and see if I could sneak in a booster on top but they said appointment only. Which is dumb because there were like 5 people there. I remember when the line wrapped around the building, there wasn't even a line!

Pretty dumb, I went without an appointment and the only person who tried to stop me was @sblfilms

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

R4E4UAQF5AI6ZM6EYRRLD3OPZA.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The figures in Texas highlight just how much more at risk the unvaccinated population has been this year.

The report from the Texas Department of State Health Services examined data from Jan. 15 to Oct. 1 and found that unvaccinated people were much more likely to get infected and die of the coronavirus than those who got their shots.

Of the nearly 29,000 covid-linked fatalities in Texas during that period, more than 85 percent were of unvaccinated individuals. Nearly 7 percent of the deaths were among partially vaccinated people, while nearly 8 percent were fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Doesn't your local area have some kind of official order to remain isolated if you have a positive case?

You would think, but good luck enforcing that. In my case, we need services and are short staffed as is. My wife is a case were the district doesn't give a damn. They have avoided the rules they set forth at the start of the school year unless the state has threatened to take over (which was warned if they did no comply in September). For my son, he is 10 days off to start, and will go back at 10 days for another rapid and PCR. I am keeping him to his area of the house. The good thing about his mother working in another district here is that she spends the week at an apartment the next county over. This week she might be spending the weekend up there to avoid contact.