~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It is a proxy for the worst fucking people alive

Absolutely. I know some people who were waiters (who changed careers during the pandemic), and they said at some points it was pretty much only anti-maskers/vaxxers going to restaurants for dine-in, and they were the worst of the worst customers they've ever waited on. Though perhaps restaurant patronage is down a bit since about 20% of the adult pop is excluded thanks to vaccine passports in my province...I also have to imagine that tips are up by about 1000%.

@AbsolutSurgenI fully understand the public health rationale. It just doesn’t have anything to do with what I was talking about…which is my goofy friends and family who will lose their minds if they were forced to “show papers” to get into places. Even the ones who I know are vaccinated 😂

Do we know if there is actually a rise in anti-vaxers or is it just the same people it’s always been screaming louder than usual? It seems since this has been politicized so much by the right and almost adopted as a political belief to be against vaccination that there is a sharp increase.

Im just wondering that if we end up with this huge set of anti-vaxers that if they stop all the other vaccines we normally do for children if there is any concern of some things like polio becoming more prominent again?

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Do we know if there is actually a rise in anti-vaxers or is it just the same people it’s always been screaming louder than usual? It seems since this has been politicized so much by the right and almost adopted as a political belief to be against vaccination that there is a sharp increase.

Im just wondering that if we end up with this huge set of anti-vaxers that if they stop all the other vaccines we normally do for children if there is any concern of some things like polio becoming more prominent again?

It is unquestionably a rise. In my personal experience, I know soooooo many people who have taken their kids in to get all their shits in recent years that are now posting all the drivel about the Covid vaccines.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

It is unquestionably a rise. In my personal experience, I know soooooo many people who have taken their kids in to get all their shits in recent years that are now posting all the drivel about the Covid vaccines.

Yeah that’s what I’m scared has happened. Do any of them talk about other vaccines like can you tell if they are against all vaccines all of the sudden or just the one? 

Just now, stepee said:

Yeah that’s what I’m scared has happened. Do any of them talk about other vaccines like can you tell if they are against all vaccines all of the sudden or just the one? 

It isn’t clear to me quite yet. It feels more specific to our Covid era but I can see how that spills over as people dig in more to their biases.

Finally booked boosters for my wife and I. I told them I had no preference for what I get, app it'll be a surprise vaccine. Again, though, they ask a million questions about insurance. My wife even had to provide them with my name and birthday because the insurance is under my name.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Finally booked boosters for my wife and I. I told them I had no preference for what I get, app it'll be a surprise vaccine. Again, though, they ask a million questions about insurance. My wife even had to provide them with my name and birthday because the insurance is under my name.

If you say you don't have insurance they'll just move along from it, but yeah I can imagine a lot of people getting scared off the moment insurance gets mentioned at all.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

If you say you don't have insurance they'll just move along from it, but yeah I can imagine a lot of people getting scared off the moment insurance gets mentioned at all.

Correct. If you say you don't have it, you can just continue with the appointment. It just sucks that there isn't even any assurances on the Massachusetts site during the scheduling process that you won't ever be charged and everything will be 100% free. This info is in the FAQ, but you have to dig around for it which is more than most are will do.

KPEYKUBVM4I6ZFTCHGOPU5PP5Y.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The Food and Drug Administration is all but certain to authorize the vaccine in coming days, meaning it could become available in early November.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s outside immunization advisers are scheduled to meet Nov. 2 to recommend how to use the vaccine. Once CDC Director Rochelle Walensky signs off, providers would be able to give the two-dose shots as soon as the first week of November.

The authorization of the first pediatric vaccine would open the latest chapter in an extended effort to immunize the population of the United States against the coronavirus — an endeavor that began last December with the distribution of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for certain adults.

Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech are expected to have immunity and safety data for children 2 to 4 years old this fall and results for children 6 months to 2 years old shortly thereafter. It is anticipated shots for the youngest children will become available in 2022.

1 hour ago, Captain Pickle said:

Why only once? Are ppl not implementing the rules or do I just not get out much?

The only places I go right now are work (where I've already had to provide proof of vaccination), the grocery store, and...that's really about it. I've been to Winners/Homesense once this month to get some sweaters. But grocery/retail do not have to check for vaccination, as they are deemed essential by the government. Really it's just for indoor dining, theatres, concerts, large events, liquor stores, weed stores, etc.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The only places I go right now are work (where I've already had to provide proof of vaccination), the grocery store, and...that's really about it. I've been to Winners/Homesense once this month to get some sweaters. But grocery/retail do not have to check for vaccination, as they are deemed essential by the government. Really it's just for indoor dining, theatres, concerts, large events, liquor stores, weed stores, etc.

I still haven't had to use mine -- and I have taken Via 4 times in the last two weeks.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s outside immunization advisers are scheduled to meet Nov. 2 to recommend how to use the vaccine.

They seriously can't be bothered to hold an off-schedule meeting sooner than that? Are you fucking kidding me?

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's infuriating how slowly they're moving. They've had the data for weeks. It's not like the analysis is being rushed

They did this shit last year too, IIRC it was Thanksgiving week so oh well who cares that the bodies are piling up everyone will have to wait for them to get back from stuffing their faces with their family to give the initial EUA. 

On 10/25/2021 at 4:58 PM, GeneticBlueprint said:

What's the name of the award given to people who get their ass kicked for being chuds about masks?

I love that the dude just threw hands and then went about his business. "Shut the fuck up, get the fuck out, now I'm gonna eat my shrimp in peace."

When we first opened back up last year, I thought to myself "I'm not going to be a Nazi about people wearing masks, they take it off as soon as they sit down, anyway."

Boy, was I wrong. It turned into an asshole check within days. If someone didn't have a mask, they were probably an asshole. Ask them to put one on, and all will be revealed.

The last year has also visibly aged me.

my brother (who has covid) talked to my dad today. feeling a bit better but still has a lot of fatigue, no smell/taste, and gets a sore throat if he talks too much. but guy is a piece of work. i think he’s at home just listening to political podcasts. dude says even if he was vaccinated he has the delta variant which according to him the vaccine provides no protection against. he also says vaccinated people are the ones spreading the virus.

it’s actually somewhat traumatizing having your only sibling say shit like this. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I'm at a blazers game right now. Theoretically you need to be vaccinated to enter the building (unless you're a player). In practice you don't. They barely glanced at my photo of my vaccine card before letting me in. I'm just taking it on good faith that everyone else is actually vaxd

Got my Moderna booster on Tuesday.  Surpised how easy it was, outside of setting it up online, not a single question was asked.  Just as the medical experts stated, symptoms were very similar to that of the second shot.  Felt fatigued all day and had body aches, with the feeling of that of the onset of a cold.  Felt worse as the day progressed, and while I felt warm, I never developed a fever like I did with the second shot.