~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

40 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Stop, I’m fucking begging you.

I’m sure you wanted an update on Gina Carrano and her work with executive producer, Ben Shapiro, and their non-union production where vaccination and masking is optional

We wanted to see our daughter's antibody levels, after she got COVID in June.  152 units/ml.  I guess that's pretty high?  So that's good. The paperwork said that <0.8 would indicate no prior infection and/or not vaccinated.  So the fact that she is 151 units above that threshold makes me feel pretty confident she'll be protected for quite awhile. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Christ, they'd bloody well had better made that decision.  

For sure. However, the uncertainty has allowed a lot of people to receive extra doses (and presumably extra protection) in order to have two of the same kind. For people who receive two AstraZeneca doses, they were also allowed to receive two additional doses of Moderna or Pfizer. They are invincible now.

32 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

For sure. However, the uncertainty has allowed a lot of people to receive extra doses (and presumably extra protection) in order to have two of the same kind. For people who receive two AstraZeneca doses, they were also allowed to receive two additional doses of Moderna or Pfizer. They are invincible now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Astra Zeneca is pretty much the same as J&J? 

Asking the important questions. Yes.

It's also really like a booster to bump those breakthrough infections. Yay that I'm not likely to be hospitalized, but I'd still love to not be in bed.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:56 AM, Uaarkson said:

Jesus. I had no idea things were that bad in Russia.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:37 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Things are ALWAYS that bad in Russia.

5238.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Officials report 33,208 new cases in fifth consecutive day of record coronavirus infections

Russia reported 1,002 deaths from the coronavirus on Saturday, the first time the country’s daily number has passed the 1,000 mark since the start of the pandemic.

New Covid-19 cases confirmed in the previous 24 hours numbered 33,208, setting a record for the fifth consecutive day, the Russian coronavirus taskforce said.

Russian authorities have blamed a slow vaccination campaign for the sharp rise of infections and deaths. The surge in numbers prompted the health ministry this week to ask retired medics who have been vaccinated to return to hospitals.

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

5238.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Officials report 33,208 new cases in fifth consecutive day of record coronavirus infections

That's just reported cases. I'm guessing Russia isn't exactly hot on accurate data reporting. 

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

That's just reported cases. I'm guessing Russia isn't exactly hot on accurate data reporting. 

It's like last year when I heard people praising how well India had been coping with the pandemic, like they're doing full autopsies on every poor person who dies of illness to determine if it was from covid, let alone giving accurate reports about it.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Exactly. In my province, about half the people who died last month (before the big spike this month) were fully vaccinated. BUT, the stats show that those people were basically all 80+ with severe health issues. Under 80, the vast majority who died were unvaccinated. Unfortunately, anti-vaxxers (and people who don't understand stats or anything else that is complicated) just see the headline "majority who died were fully vaccinated."

I am in the "six months to a year" group with a bit of a caveat—I think that most of Canada should see good enough vaccination (85-90% of the entire population) plus others who have been infected to see a big drop in outbreaks and deaths (at least enough to not be a concern at all to the healthcare system). I think COVID will be here to stay and will become endemic, and we will certainly have some parts of our lives that change in minor ways (less hand shaking, more common to see people wearing masks, etc), but overall we'll generally be back to pre-pandemic routines. Having said that, I expect COVID deaths to still always be much higher than flu deaths going forward. It seems like it's far more dangerous to elderly/vulnerable people than the flu, even after being fully infected. Since it's also so much more contagious, I think we'll regularly see 2-3x more deaths from COVID than flu each year.

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'm really not sure what his point is here

I think he's implying that getting Covid after getting vaccinated is WORSE than getting without being vaccinated. Either way, anything this clown has to say about Covid should be completely and totally ignored. Not even worth responding to.

200304183027-01-gaetz-coronavirus-gas-ma
WWW.CNN.COM

Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz donned a gas mask on March 4 while he voted on a bill that would dedicate billions of dollars to combating coronavirus as concerns rise over the spread of the disease.

I am in the later than the end of 2022 camp. I don’t believe that is when we should return to normal but when we actually will. 

With a national vaccine passport that limits congregations of unvaccinated people during times of spread, we should be able to return to normal in a few months. However, the “in an abundance of caution” crowd will keep us socially distancing, wearing masks and hiding behind plexiglass shields far after they have any meaningful impact. 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I can’t think of anything in my day to day that isn’t back to normal at this point. 

Well, to be fair, Texas still has 2x the current death rate per capita of the worst place in Canada (my province) and nearly 30x of better-run provinces. So things may be more back to normal for you as a person, but clearly the state itself is failing in controlling the spread and resulting deaths as a result of its policy.

Comparing death rates /100k:

• Texas - 0.68
  • Saskatchewan - 0.38
  • Ontario - .027