~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

lol

Reinbold did not immediately respond to a request for comment early Thursday. She wrote on Facebook that she was using a variety of products to help treat her infection, including vitamins and a Vicks steamer.

The GOP lawmaker said she was also taking ivermectin — an anti-parasitic medication that’s been promoted by prominent conservative media figures and politicians, and some physicians, as an effective treatment for covid-19. There is a lack of scientific evidence showing benefits of the drug for that purpose, and the Food and Drug Administration and other public health agencies have emphasized that ivermectin is not authorized for treating covid-19.

“I am blessed to have gotten Ivirmectin the ‘de-covider,’ ” she wrote. “My Vicks steamer has been a God send!”

• Guillotine 1

My school division just unveiled the plans for proof of vaccination for teachers and staff. Everyone needs to be fully vaxxed or provide a negative PCR test once per week (or be fired). Government PCR tests cannot be used (so as not to burden the public testing system), so people would have to pay $200/week for the private PCR testing in my city.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My school division just unveiled the plans for proof of vaccination for teachers and staff. Everyone needs to be fully vaxxed or provide a negative PCR test once per week (or be fired). Government PCR tests cannot be used (so as not to burden the public testing system), so people would have to pay $200/week for the private PCR testing in my city.

Put your money where your beliefs are.......love it

25 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

FBrv9PWVcAg8Vzv?format=jpg&name=medium

I can't get over how your political party decides if you get the vaccine or not, and uhhh insurance...

Apparently it's been a big problem for vaccine uptake that uninsured/underinsured people have been assuming that the COVID vaccine will cost them money since everything else in our healthcare system does. 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Apparently it's been a big problem for vaccine uptake that uninsured/underinsured people have been assuming that the COVID vaccine will cost them money since everything else in our healthcare system does. 

Doesn't help that people get asked for their insurance info when they show up for a shot.

7 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Where the hell do they do this?  I basically just told them my name and didn't really care if i was eligible for the shot or not back in March.

When I got mine they took my insurance info and billed insurance for the injection.  But if you don't have insurance you still get it free.

4 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

@sblfilms b mad

The booster is a half dose, while people going rogue were getting full doses for their third shot. Almost like people should wait for the actual science to come in before deciding they know best :)

10 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Where the hell do they do this?  I basically just told them my name and didn't really care if i was eligible for the shot or not back in March.

Kroger pharmacy asked for insurance info on both my kids when they got vaccinated in the last couple of months.

Walmart Pharmacy didn’t ask when my wife and parents got vaccinated back in February, but I believe they do now.

17 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Regardless if the vaccine is free to the end user, it makes the entire process super inefficient to have multiple payers - the government had already committed to buying enough doses for every eligible American, so to insert insurance carriers into the mix is just dumb.  

The billing for insurance is for the administration of the doses, not the doses themselves.

Yes it's dumb.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The billing for insurance is for the administration of the doses, not the doses themselves.

Yes it's dumb.

...So the government will still pay for the administration of the doses to the uninsured?  

Yes, it's dumb.  And inefficient.  And causes confusion.  

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
700.png
APNEWS.COM

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — There will be no state unemployment benefits for health care workers who are fired for refusing to get employer-mandated vaccinations against COVID-19, state officials said Thursday.

Meanwhile, in Texas

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

For me, they asked for my insurance card when I got my first dose, but then refused it when they saw they already had it on file. I got vaccinated at a center run by the hospital nearest home.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

...So the government will still pay for the administration of the doses to the uninsured?  

Yes, it's dumb.  And inefficient.  And causes confusion.  

It's dumb, it's SUPER inefficient, and it causes all kinds of confusion. Here's an example that anyone that's ever been really tight on money will understand. Sometimes, you go so some groceries and you know you have enough for everything in your basket and you just know you have enough cash to add like a frozen pizza, but you still leave it out of pure fear that you'll be short and rejected at the register. That's exactly the feeling uninsured have here. They know in their head that everyone says it's free, but they also know they're asking for insurance info. Maybe free here is free like how an ambulance will totally pick you up, no questions asked, but now you've got some stupid bill in the mail because you dared to pass out at work from a stroke. It doesn't help that all the local Republicans are saying vaccines are enriching big pharma. If it's enriching big pharma then you just know it's got to be on someone's dime and that someone is probably you.

I blame all the mess here on Trump and Republicans following his lead, along with Biden for not getting on TV and promising that the vaccine isn't just free for everyone but that nobody will be asked for proof of insurance or will need insurance.