~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Jesus Christ... so he thinks "enriching" big pharma is advocating for a treatment that costs $1,500.00 per course and requires you to get Covid in the first place vs a vaccine that's free? 

"That's science!" :money:

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Jesus Christ... so he thinks "enriching" big pharma is advocating for a treatment that costs $1,500.00 per course and requires you to get Covid in the first place vs a vaccine that's free? 

Will be hilarious if MAGA people start saying "why do I have to pay $100,000 for my hospital stay, and zero for an experimental vaccine?!" and then have a weird populist right-wing push for universal healthcare. Obviously it would get shut down by the higher-ups in the GOP.

anti-mask-rally-winnipeg.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

A Winnipeg restaurateur likened public health orders to Nazi brutality. Now, advocates are calling attention to antisemitism on the fringes of the anti-vaccine mandate movement...

No, requiring vaccination before entering a restaurant is not like what happened to the Jews in the Holocaust. 

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
anti-mask-rally-winnipeg.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

A Winnipeg restaurateur likened public health orders to Nazi brutality. Now, advocates are calling attention to antisemitism on the fringes of the anti-vaccine mandate movement...

No, requiring vaccination before entering a restaurant is not like what happened to the Jews in the Holocaust. 

One batshit theory I've seen is that these rules are preparing us for even harsher rules that will lead to genocide, internment camps, etc. Camps for who, you ask? That is unknown. But for someone. So it's just a slippery slope argument, broken by design. If we follow one rule for "no reason," then we're more likely to be indoctrinated to follow other later, more arbitrary rules that will enslave us. The step-by-step of this is never fully outlined.

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

One batshit theory I've seen is that these rules are preparing us for even harsher rules that will lead to genocide, internment camps, etc. Camps for who, you ask? That is unknown. But for someone. So it's just a slippery slope argument, broken by design. If we follow one rule for "no reason," then we're more likely to be indoctrinated to follow other later, more arbitrary rules that will enslave us. The step-by-step of this is never fully outlined.

I follow lots of rules. 
I pay taxes. 
I drive on the right side of the road. 
I send my kids to school. 
I might already be indoctrinated!

• True 1

615a319bb414c100186388b9?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The virus could be completely changing the way the pancreas beta cells work, Dr. Shiubing Chen told Insider.

Yet another reason why you just don't want to get this disease PERIOD.

• Shocked 1

16 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
615a319bb414c100186388b9?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The virus could be completely changing the way the pancreas beta cells work, Dr. Shiubing Chen told Insider.

Yet another reason why you just don't want to get this disease PERIOD.

1633905205829.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

It blamed "disruptive weather" and air traffic control "issues."

1000 flights cancelled yesterday, around 25-26% of their total flights for the day. Very odd that they blame it on something that theoretically should have affected other airlines to some degree and appears to not have.

And what is the deal with all these unions protecting anti-vaxx positions 😬

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:
1633905205829.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

It blamed "disruptive weather" and air traffic control "issues."

1000 flights cancelled yesterday, around 25-26% of their total flights for the day. Very odd that they blame it on something that theoretically should have affected other airlines to some degree and appears to not have.

And what is the deal with all these unions protecting anti-vaxx positions 😬

The only charitable interpretation is that a vaccine mandate is a change in employment conditions that needs to be bargained. So that employees have guaranteed a paid day for side effects (these are overblown but still) or work out other details along those lines.

But it's worth remembering that a union is made of it's members and if you're filled with reactionary chuds like a cop union, you're going to get reactionary chuds running the thing. Similarly if you have a union local of mechanics who are filled with anti vaccine white chuds and vaccine hesitant Black guys you're going to get those results when it comes to workplace grievances and discussions. The opposite is also true! Teachers unions have very high vaccination rates!

This is a good article on unions re: vaccination

4RNFK3HWA4I6XJRWDDFMLGUY3Q.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Wanting to negotiate is not the same as opposing mandates.

I won't say much about whether it was or wasn't a sick out. But Southwest does not have flight sharing agreements with other airlines, so no one was able to get another flight with a partner carrier when the SW flight was cancelled. That was a big part of why it sucked for passengers. 

That said, unions protecting anti-vaxx stuff is anti-worker and shitty. Unions should bargain FOR vaccine mandates. It is a net positive for literally every party to a contract. 

13 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I won't say much about whether it was or wasn't a sick out. But Southwest does not have flight sharing agreements with other airlines, so no one was able to get another flight with a partner carrier when the SW flight was cancelled. That was a big part of why it sucked for passengers. 

That said, unions protecting anti-vaxx stuff is anti-worker and shitty. Unions should bargain FOR vaccine mandates. It is a net positive for literally every party to a contract. 

Unions should also be arguing for paid days off around vaccinations. I can easily see a scenario where someone can't afford to take a few days off because the vaccine put them in bed, and then the planning around getting two doses?

9 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Unions should also be arguing for paid days off around vaccinations. I can easily see a scenario where someone can't afford to take a few days off because the vaccine put them in bed, and then the planning around getting two doses?

Absolutely. That should definitely be part of these mandates. 

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Don't forget things like relaxation of preventative measures like ventilation, distance, and masking. Some people probably want to protect their families who can't be vaccinated yet.

As the weather starts to get colder and Canadians start eyeing sunny destinations to the south, Health Minister Patty Hajdu has a reminder: non-essential travel is still not advised.

Hajdu said prospective travellers should keep that in mind as they consider going to visit relatives or think about taking a beach vacation amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

200.gif

No unnecessary travel (i.e. for an unnecessary election) or beach vacations?  From this government?

image.jpg

prime-minister-justin-trudeau-enjoying-t

All public employees have to be fully vaccinated in Oregon and Washington by Monday. I imagine that's already mostly the case in the cities, but rural areas might see a sudden drop in teachers z firefighters, etc. Or not. Mandates so seem to get all but the most diehard wackos to get vaccinated, and they probably shouldn't be teaching our kids or interacting with the sick anyway

11115343_101221-wabc-teachers-covid-prot
ABC7NY.COM

A federal judge in Manhattan on Tuesday declined to block enforcement of New York City's vaccine mandate for public school employees, denying a request for a preliminary injunction from a group of 10 teachers.
bloombergquint%2F2018-08%2F3a8e2237-2edb
WWW.BLOOMBERGQUINT.COM

NYC’s Vaccine Mandate for Restaurants and Gyms Stays in Place

6894.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Analysis finds natural population fell by 997,000 between October 2020 and September 2021 – with Covid cited as principal cause

Russia’s natural population has undergone its largest peacetime decline in recorded history over the last 12 months, according to an analysis of official government statistics made by a prominent independent demographer, as the country battles a deadly fourth wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The natural population, a number calculated from registered deaths and births, excluding the impact of migration, declined by 997,000 between October 2020 and September 2021, the demographer Alexei Raksha has calculated.

Russia has been one of the countries hit hardest by the pandemic, registering at least 660,000 excess deaths since the start of 2020, according to government data, and the dramatic drop appears to show the devastating toll the pandemic has had on the country’s social fabric.

• Shocked 1