~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Standing with Kyrie. 

Will be interesting to see if my company gets to the point of shot mandates; I'm prepared to give them my religious exemption, as well as if that fails for them to let me go. I don't think it will happen though, we just made a huge acquisition and some of the main people (PhD chemists | engineers; management) asked to stay on said they would quit if the shot was mandated. That should offer me some protection.

Just now, Commodore D said:

Standing with Kyrie. 

Will be interesting to see if my company gets to the point of shot mandates; I'm prepared to give them my religious exemption, as well as if that fails for them to let me go. I don't think it will happen though, we just made a huge acquisition and some of the main people (PhD chemists | engineers; management) asked to stay on said they would quit if the shot was mandated. That should offer me some protection.

Why aren’t you getting vaccinated?

7 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

Standing with Kyrie. 

What is your religious exemption?

Just now, sblfilms said:

Why aren’t you getting vaccinated?

The math doesn't make sense for me (age, lack of comorbids, life style) to get it. 

Shot, no shot; based on all the scientific data provided my designation doesn't change. Add in that it doesn't keep me from catching or passing it, and the unknowing booster cycle (I've never had a flu shot), there is little to no benefit of me taking it.

Lastly, I've had Covid at least once (a month ago), and maybe twice (Oct 2019 coming back from Japan). Took me out for about three days the most recent time, even had to take some pain medication (generic Tylenol) for the first time since 2008 (half a vicadon, broken wrist). I can deal with that. 

2 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

The math doesn't make sense for me (age, lack of comorbids, life style) to get it. 

Shot, no shot; based on all the scientific data provided my designation doesn't change. Add in that it doesn't keep me from catching or passing it, and the unknowing booster cycle (I've never had a flu shot), there is little to no benefit of me taking it.

Lastly, I've had Covid at least once (a month ago), and maybe twice (Oct 2019 coming back from Japan). Took me out for about three days the most recent time, even had to take some pain medication (generic Tylenol) for the first time since 2008 (half a vicadon, broken wrist). I can deal with that. 

In summary, you're being a weak-willed, selfish coward about it.

Got it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Because you're thinking of yourself and not greater society by getting the vaccine despite the chances of it having any negative effect upon you being absolutely negligible.

What would me getting it do for the greater society? I've been waiting on that answer for a long time. If a great one can be given, I'd be amendable.

5 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

What would me getting it do for the greater society?

It would potentially provide another layer of antibody protection in addition to that which you already have from your previous infection.

It will also demonstrate your willingness to "sacrifice" to the benefit of larger society - to accept a marginally insignificant personal "risk" for the greater good.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It would potentially provide another layer of antibody protection in addition to that which you already have from your previous infection.

Have anything scientific that speaks to that extra layer of protection? 

Also, how does that benefit the greater society? I mean, I know that was the initial (unscientific) narrative; that has basically eroded to protect yourself; but there needs to be more than just words. 

2 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

Have anything scientific that speaks to that extra layer of protection? 

Also, how does that benefit the greater society? I mean, I know that was the initial (unscientific) narrative; that has basically eroded to protect yourself; but there needs to be more than just words. 

woman_receiving_covid_19_vaccine-732x549
WWW.HEALTHLINE.COM

According to two recent, non-peer-reviewed studies, people who recovered from a previous COVID-19 infection produced a robust immune response that was superior to vaccination alone, and adding one or more vaccine doses offered even stronger protection.

210806-vaccine-new-york-mn-1105-c43266.j
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Do I need to get the vaccine if I had Covid? Hybrid immunity from natural infection plus the vaccine can give even better immune protection from reinfection or breakthrough case.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

No, you didn't

Just lol

Not saying I had it, but man it was everything that came out in the beginning. Wouldn't surprise me if I had, Japan was loaded with the world at the time because of the Rugby World Cup. Also, if you're just saying that I wasn't there, just check Tokyo Club Crawl #600 on Facebook, you'll find a couple pictures of me. 

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

woman_receiving_covid_19_vaccine-732x549
WWW.HEALTHLINE.COM

According to two recent, non-peer-reviewed studies, people who recovered from a previous COVID-19 infection produced a robust immune response that was superior to vaccination alone, and adding one or more vaccine doses offered even stronger protection.

I started to asked for peer reviewed material (as there is plenty at the NIH that speaks in the other direction, but lacks peer review), but that's fine. 

Still doesn't address my booster concern; that of which I have no interest. 

Also doesn't speak to how I would be helping the greater society.

I've already been accused by my former roommate of being willing to accept the "negative" effects of vaccine mandates on people as "collateral damage".

My response was, "I was part of the United States military and I work with the United States military.  Trust me, I'm all about 'collateral damage' when it comes to attaining my objective or for what I perceive as the 'greater good' ".

If someone questions how potentially enhancing their immunity to a transmissible disease -- even if only marginally -- and at absolutely negligible risk to themselves would benefit society as a whole, then I see no profit in the attempt to convince them otherwise.

• Thanks 1
  • True 2

19 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

I started to asked for peer reviewed material (as there is plenty at the NIH that speaks in the other direction, but lacks peer review), but that's fine. 

Still doesn't address my booster concern; that of which I have no interest. 

Also doesn't speak to how I would be helping the greater society.

Just promise not to use up hospital resources if you do catch COVID. Right now, hospitals across the world are struggling to meet to demand and refusing patients because they're filled with unvaccinated patients.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I've already been accused by my former roommate of being willing to accept the "negative" effects of vaccine mandates on people as "collateral damage".

My response was, "I was part of the United States military and I work with the United States military.  Trust me, I'm all about 'collateral damage' when it comes to attaining my objective or for what I perceive as the 'greater good' ".

Yet in this case you really can't speak to a greater good. There is little evidence that shows the shot will stop this pandemic; see counties that have higher shot rates. 

Also, if you were truly about collateral damage ending this pandemic, you would be about not getting the shot, letting all those with comorbids die, and the recoverable live on. Maybe you were for not shutting down the country and letting it all play out; I'd have to look back, or you can state your previous position.