~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Depends on the province. In SK they let you get a third dose that matches your second (if you have two different brands).

I'll have to check what ON and my area is doing, if anything. Funnily enough when I first booked my appointments, before getting my second shot moved up, tomorrow was supposed to be the date of my original second, most likely Pfizer, shot. 

Also eligible for boosters will be those ages 18 to 64 who are at high risk of severe COVID-19 or at high risk from frequent occupational or institutional exposures to SARS-CoV-2, such as healthcare workers and teachers.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09/following-expert-advice-fda-authorizes-boosters-for-people-65-high-risk/

If they're claiming that there wasn't enough data to support the idea that people neither 65+ nor immunocompromised don't need it then why are they suddenly adding in occupational-based qualifications at the last minute? Gee it's almost like the data actually does support giving boosters to everyone and the FDA was really voting for sending more doses abroad.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09/following-expert-advice-fda-authorizes-boosters-for-people-65-high-risk/

If they're claiming that there wasn't enough data to support the idea that people neither 65+ nor immunocompromised don't need it then why are they suddenly adding in occupational-based qualifications at the last minute? Gee it's almost like the data actually does support giving boosters to everyone and the FDA was really voting for sending more doses abroad.

FDA was just trying to show their "independence".

Fuck em. I'm claiming I'm immunocompromised if necessary and Ill just say I'm taking psoriasis medication if they ask further. 

3 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

FDA was just trying to show their "independence".

Two of the people on the relevant panel who announced they're quitting the FDA co-wrote that Lancet article calling for more international distribution. It was both, they want more international distribution and they wanted to make a big show of not being pushed around by Biden.

00nyhesitancy1-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

As the Delta variant courses through New York City, many young Black New Yorkers remain distrustful of the vaccine.

And a civil rights activist in the Bronx said he grew suspicious when he heard last year that politicians were prioritizing minority neighborhoods for coronavirus vaccinations.

“Since when does America give anything good to Black people first?” said the activist, Hawk Newsome, a 44-year-old Black Lives Matter leader who is unvaccinated.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Two of the people on the relevant panel who announced they're quitting the FDA co-wrote that Lancet article calling for more international distribution. It was both, they want more international distribution and they wanted to make a big show of not being pushed around by Biden.

But they were ok taking it from Trump?

11 hours ago, Brick said:

So since I also got Pfizer and then Moderna, I can get a third shot too? Seeing as some countries won't recognize mixed dosages as being fully vaccinated, and even the CDC advises against it, even though Canada has said it's fine, I'm more than willing to go get a third shot if I have to, especially if I decide to travel. 

You should really get the J&J so you have all 3

11 hours ago, Brick said:

I'll have to check what ON and my area is doing, if anything. Funnily enough when I first booked my appointments, before getting my second shot moved up, tomorrow was supposed to be the date of my original second, most likely Pfizer, shot. 

Ontario Policy on Third Doses

Third doses for those who are at the highest risk

We are offering third doses of COVID-19vaccines to select vulnerable populations.

You may be able to get a third dose 8 weeks after your second dose if you are:

• a transplant recipient (including solid organ transplant and hematopoietic stem cell transplants)
  • receiving stable, active treatment (chemotherapy, targeted therapies, immunotherapy) for a malignant hematologic disorder
  • receiving an anti-CD20 agent (for example, rituximab, ocrelizumab, ofatumumab)

Your health care provider will contact you.

You may be able to get a third dose 5 months after your second dose if you are:

• living in a high-risk congregate setting, such as a long-term care home, high-risk retirement home or First Nations elder care lodge

Public health units will work with the homes to give you your short within your home or at a mobile clinic.

health-coronavirus-usa-cdc.JPG
WWW.CBC.CA

The father in the case says his efforts to get his daughter vaccinated against the wishes of his parents and ex-wife felt like the "summer from hell." The mother is appealing the decision, according to her law firm.

tl;dr:

Teen girl wanted to be vaccinated, but was convinced out of it by her crazy mom. Dad took mom to court to force the vaccination, and the court agreed. The teen will be vaccinated. The mom hired a doctor to interview the daughter over zoom and he diagnosed her with a "possible" vaccine toxicity issue, meaning she could be exempt from taking the vaccine. The judge rejected the quack's diagnosis because he based it on the teen's own recollection of her childhood reaction to vaccination. The dad's parents also opposed the vaccination and colluded with the mom to convince the daughter against taking it. The judge basically smacked them all down. The mother is of course appealing.

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

tl;dr:

Teen girl wanted to be vaccinated, but was convinced out of it by her crazy mom. Dad took mom to court to force the vaccination, and the court agreed. The teen will be vaccinated. The mom hired a doctor to interview the daughter over zoom and he diagnosed her with a "possible" vaccine toxicity issue, meaning she could be exempt from taking the vaccine. The judge rejected the quack's diagnosis because he based it on the teen's own recollection of her childhood reaction to vaccination. The dad's parents also opposed the vaccination and colluded with the mom to convince the daughter against taking it. The judge basically smacked them all down. The mother is of course appealing.

This is a story about you?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
3959.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Refusal to recognise vaccines given across Latin America, Africa and south Asia has been denounced as ‘discriminatory’

The country is run by a guy who's rocking Doofy Gilmore's haircut from Scary Movie, so yeah...