~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

That's the reasoning I used to get one, yes. You can't use "I don't want to my wife's grandmother sick" on the check boxes. 

You said they didn't even ask you! 

Just now, sblfilms said:

You said they didn't even ask you! 

They didn't. I went up and said I qualified and they gave it to me without needed to state the specific reason. BP was going to be my justification. 

I know you think you got me cornered or something and maybe you gotta step back and realize that everything I post isn't the complete picture.

Hail Satan. 

6 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

They didn't. I went up and said I qualified and they gave it to me without needed to state the specific reason. BP was going to be my justification. 

I know you think you got me cornered or something and maybe you gotta step back and realize that everything I post isn't the complete picture.

Hail Satan. 

Yes, the picture just changes when convenient :)

1 hour ago, Komusha said:

I don't disagree. I don't personally celebrate when a radio host who spreads lies gets what's coming to him, but it doesn't really bother me when others do. It's whatever. I do recognize that the world is better off with certain people gone

There was always a side of this board, and it certainly isn't everyone, that is calous to those they disagree with, and that certainly took a turn with Trump and even more so with COVID. And now it's gotten to the point where deaths of ordinary citizens are being turned into a joke. It's gotten so much out of hand that when my unvaxed sister contracted COVID I was hesitant to post about it out of fear of her being called stupid or something. I get the frustration, but don't let the cruel nature of the world make you feel justified in being cruel towards others.

I just have a problem with assholes of any stripe. When people are being assholes, it brings out the asshole in ME which is bad... because I'm probably one of the biggest assholes on the planet. There are few mortals in this plane of existence that can out asshole me when I get going. It truly is a gift and a curse... fortunately I try to use my powers for good but occasionally innocents get caught up in my assholishness.

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

It gives me great pleasure seeing Trump cultists shittiness finally biting them on the ass and I don't feel guilty about it in the least. 

Not all anti-vaxxers are Trumpers doe. A fair amount of "Liberals" are anti-vaxxers and have been for YEARS. In fact the whole anti-vax movment started right here in California.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Not all anti-vaxxers are Trumpers doe. A fair amount of "Liberals" are anti-vaxxers and have been for YEARS. In fact the whole anti-vax movment started right here in California.

Yes I edited in that part. I have naïve people in my family and I immediately got them vaccinated before Facebook got a hold of them.

Regular stupid people I have mixed feeling about. 

I think the data is in on the third doses and they do help... the questions are... how much does it actually help and is it better to use the resources required to assist other countries instead... and that can also actually be more beneficial for America (and the whole world) than a 3rd dose if vaccinating other countries sooner will result in fewer dangerous variants...

The third doses provide additional temporary assistance in not actually getting an infection in the first place. We're all still well protected (not 100% but close) from serious cases and death.

I think there has been a lot of scare tactics being used to make vaccinated people afraid of the delta variant... and maybe we should be... so I don't begrudge those with an agenda... but vaccinated people are still fairly protected, even from the delta varient. Yes, you can get break thrus and yes you can spread it, but there is actually still a pretty decent layer of protection against either.

My sister is about as liberal as they come, educated, smart, otherwise reasonable, etc. but she refuses to get vaccinated because she doesn't trust the pharmaceutical industry and basically thinks her own immune system will be enough. Arguing with her about this just shows how many logical fallacies, misinformation, and IMO arrogance are in play around this topic that don't come up in other domains. 

For the arrogance, I mean: Our dad is a family physician with 35+ years of experience, my other sister works with the State Department in their global response to pandemics, and is getting her master's in Public Health, but yeah... The sister knows better than them, let alone all of the global experts. :tired: 

At least in her case, being anti vax isn't a problem of rationality; I think it's an emotional problem. 

8 minutes ago, ort said:

I think the data is in on the third doses and they do help... the questions are... how much does it actually help and is it better to use the resources required to assist other countries instead... and that can also actually be more beneficial for America (and the whole world) than a 3rd dose if vaccinating other countries sooner will result in fewer dangerous variants...

The third doses provide additional temporary assistance in not actually getting an infection in the first place. We're all still well protected (not 100% but close) from serious cases and death.

I think there has been a lot of scare tactics being used to make vaccinated people afraid of the delta variant... and maybe we should be... so I don't begrudge those with an agenda... but vaccinated people are still fairly protected, even from the delta varient. Yes, you can get break thrus and yes you can spread it, but there is actually still a pretty decent layer of protection against either.

Many doctors have been saying for a while that COVID is pretty much a disease of the unvaccinated at this point, at least as far as hospitalizations/deaths go. ~95% of COVID hospitalizations are people who are unvaccinated.

I do know that you can still get it if you're vaccinated (one of my friends did and had to go to the hospital, thankfully they're okay now), but I'm totally fine with just forcing everyone to get it if they can. Enough is enough. Just get the fucking shot so we can fucking move on.

21 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The reveling in despair and death is the main reason why I bounce in and out of this part of the board.  It is too much for me. 

I still love this place, but my mental health has definitely improved the last few months that I’ve been posting and visiting less.

1 hour ago, ort said:

There is no data available on Moderna efficacy at this time for the 6+ months from full vaccination, and @SuperSpreaderhas said he received the Moderna vaccine all three times. Each vaccine is different, either in the actual mechanism used or the dosage. Deciding that because one vaccine shows something that all will be the same is illogical.

Maybe the third Moderna dose drastically decreases infection risk after 6 months, but such a claim currently is based on nothing more than gut feeling. And there are more questions than whether it works, which is why it is best to wait for solid data so you’re making informed decisions.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There is no data available on Moderna efficacy at this time for the 6+ months from full vaccination, and @SuperSpreaderhas said he received the Moderna vaccine all three times. Each vaccine is different, either in the actual mechanism used or the dosage. Deciding that because one vaccine shows something that all will be the same is illogical.

Maybe the third Moderna dose drastically decreases infection risk after 6 months, but such a claim currently is based on nothing more than gut feeling. And there are more questions than whether it works, which is why it is best to wait for solid data so you’re making informed decisions.

What can I say? I like this stock. 

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

As far as I know... right now in the states, they are only discussing Pfizer as being eligible for boosters.

23 minutes ago, ort said:

As far as I know... right now in the states, they are only discussing Pfizer as being eligible for boosters.

The FDA has not yet received data on Moderna boosters for non-immunocompromised folks.  (I've heard some experts suggest we shouldn't think of the third dose for immuno-compromised folks as a booster -- rather, due to their weaker immune systems, they need a third "prime" dose, to get the same reaction as a regular person does with two.)

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

(I've heard some experts suggest we shouldn't think of the third dose for immuno-compromised folks as a booster -- rather, due to their weaker immune systems, they need a third "prime" dose, to get the same reaction as a regular person does with two.)

This distinction is an important one!

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

0cc3163d-b6f2-4441-a9f4-67a92b5c0009.jpe
SLATE.COM

This is not a forum that attempts to change minds. It’s much darker.

Seems like plenty of minds have been changed considering it has been flooded by people showing their new vax status because of the forum.

Its actually getting in the way of the good stuff like Big Jim.