~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

44 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I've seen this first hand. 

Churches don't even have to be militantly anti-vaccine to do harm... They can just not say anything about it or treat this whole thing as temporary and still do just as much harm. By not speaking out, it allows this space for all the other anti-vax stuff to grow. 

Every time I see a post saying "where are my prayer warriors? I need prayer warriors." I get so angry. You don't need prayer warriors, you needed someone not to lie to you.

5 hours ago, ThreePi said:

They should do these graphs like PC hardware benchmarks where there's a little note to help people understand the results. Like in this case you put a "(lower number is better)" note so the rubes can figure it out.

"Higher is greater levels of freedumb."

:p

4 hours ago, chakoo said:

It's getting hard to really have sympathy for those that put a culture war ahead of their own health. When you keep telling someone that running through traffic is going to lead to them eventually getting hit by a car and they tell you to shut the ***k up. You eventually just get numb to watching them run out and get hit by the #10 bus. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel for the kids that get caught up in the middle of this and have no option/choice on the horrible life choices their parents end up making. There is going to be a large generation of kids that will grow up with no parents over all this. 

Well and they're also dragging others into traffic, in this analogy... Not just those who want to play traffic-adjacent but people who are trying to stay far away from the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The feelings I'm about to express, in reality, are only truly felt by me maybe 10% of the time. So keep that in mind as I say some awful things.

I understand the blood lust. I live in a very conservative area where at least half the population is not vaccinated. I see anti vaccine demonstrators with some frequency on the corner of our busiest intersection. Some bitch coughed in my cousin's face at the hardware store because she and her children were wearing masks. My MIL is severely immunocompromised due to ongoing chemotherapy. I worry about having to go the hospital and not receiving treatment because of ICU beds that are full. I would like life to return to somewhat normal, which it could do if these fucking fucks would get vaccinated.

But I moved on from apathy to blood lust when my kids were infected again. Even though we're careful. This could be lethal to my MIL who is now coming to live with us due to her financial situation and medical treatment. When HCA awards are doled out, it is one less person that could potentially infect. One less propagandized fuck twit spreading mental poison on social media. One less selfish dick cheese touching shit I need at the grocery store.

Fuck 'em. I'm out of fucks to give. 10% of the time at any rate. They replenish with sleep but I'm always fresh out by bed time. Today I ran out around 12PM.

I give you a bloodlust permission slip, amigo.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The whole Herman Cain award thing is beyond tacky and beneath us. You can note a person made a poor decision without mocking people for dying as a result.

I agree and find it in poor taste, but disagree that it's beneath the board. Sadly it's what I sorta expect by this point.

• True 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Imo it's one thing to dance on the grave of your every day social media warrior with 500 Facebook friends, and another to piss on the grave of a local am conservative jackass with 250k listeners. One is the victim of propaganda and the other is the perpetrator

I think it would be illuminating to people to talk in real life with the sort of person who fully believes things like vaccines are worse than Covid, that masks are bad for you, or that you’re better off taking medications not approved for Covid instead of getting vaccinated. People aren’t arriving at these beliefs on their own.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think it would be illuminating to people to talk in real life with the sort of person who fully believes things like vaccines are worse than Covid, that masks are bad for you, or that you’re better off taking medications not approved for Covid instead of getting vaccinated. People aren’t arriving at these beliefs on their own.

When they go low I go F5 their GoFundMe

I get it, I really do, but honestly at some point you get compassion fatigue.  Sure part of me understands that these are badly mislead human beings whose suffering is no different or less tragic than that of my own friends or loved ones.  I’m not operating under some delusion that they are lesser than me or I am somehow superior as much as I was just fortunate enough to be born into circumstances where I wasn’t lead down that path my entire life.  I’m also not foolish enough to believe that there aren’t plenty of god damned idiots on my side who actively believe in things that are just blatantly untrue an unsupported by any combination of facts.   

At a certain point though, you can’t keep pushing the boulder up the hill without going mad.  I’m standing on top of a mountain of corpses with a bunch of people who are telling me that in fact the corpses aren’t real while they have both feet firmly planted on the body of the last person who died telling them so.  I can’t expend any more effort on people like this, not when they have a veritable army of people behind them urging them forward as the unsung heroes of history.  What good is the truth against that?  The only thing left to do is chuckle.  

32 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Imo it's one thing to dance on the grave of your every day social media warrior with 500 Facebook friends, and another to piss on the grave of a local am conservative jackass with 250k listeners. One is the victim of propaganda and the other is the perpetrator

I don't disagree. I don't personally celebrate when a radio host who spreads lies gets what's coming to him, but it doesn't really bother me when others do. It's whatever. I do recognize that the world is better off with certain people gone

There was always a side of this board, and it certainly isn't everyone, that is calous to those they disagree with, and that certainly took a turn with Trump and even more so with COVID. And now it's gotten to the point where deaths of ordinary citizens are being turned into a joke. It's gotten so much out of hand that when my unvaxed sister contracted COVID I was hesitant to post about it out of fear of her being called stupid or something. I get the frustration, but don't let the cruel nature of the world make you feel justified in being cruel towards others.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Oh do you, Mr 3rd dose :p 

That's not fear that FREedOm. I'm tryna be socially responsible and reduce the risk of ppl getting sick because of me. My dad, fully vaxxed just got COVID again, three weeks before he was turned away from getting a booster when I got mine. Whatever bro. 

My only hope for the unvaxxed is they kill more people like them. 

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

I'm tryna be socially responsible and reduce the risk of ppl getting sick because of me. 

Is it socially responsible to take medication in ways not approved and based on no data, just your gut feelings?

4 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Eye roll. 

And remember when you said the reason you were getting a booster was because of your high blood pressure? But now it isn’t about dear, simply altruism on your part.

My dad is going through his second fight with cancer. My aunt, his sister, is a cancer survivor, who lives with my cousin and her kids. My cousin is a nurse who is kind of an idiot and it scares me that she’s a nurse. Her kids are those suburban “my freedoms” type jocks who think they don’t need the vaccine.

Guess what? They all got covid and my aunt got infected as well. And those fucking idiots didn’t think she could have possibly had covid. My father likes to visit her once a week, seeing them as well, thankfully masked up and he hasn’t gotten infected yet. 

I’m done being nice. Fuck anti-vaxxers. They deserve what happens to them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1