~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

54 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

How accurate are these tests?

More accurate than a simple temperature check, so good enough for me. I believe they're something like 80+% accurate. That should work out fine since anyone possibly exposed is getting tested daily while most every student opted in along with and the entire faculty to being tested weekly. The school even went as far as hiring another nurse. That puts the 400 student school at 3 full time nurses.

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Did anybody read the article? The quote in the tweet doesn’t remotely capture the context. The author was responding to an assertion by Chris Hayes that the response in society to the pandemic wouldn’t be meaningfully different if the death toll to date were 10 times worse than the actual numbers. 

Paywalls entitle me to treat my assumptions as facts.

• Haha 2
  • True 2

6484.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

US will lift Covid-19 travel restrictions starting in November, Biden administration has announced

The US will lift Covid-19 travel restrictions to allow fully vaccinated passengers to travel from the UK and EU to travel into the country from November, the Biden administration has announced.

The statement from the White House will mark the end of a travel ban imposed by Donald Trump more than 18 months ago in the early stages of the pandemic, and comes after intense lobbying from Brussels and London.

Under the current policy, only American citizens, their immediate families, green card holders and those with national interest exemptions (NIE) could travel into the US if they have been in the UK or EU in the previous two weeks.

106882708-1620925086522-gettyimages-1232
WWW.CNBC.COM

Pfizer and BioNTech tested a two-dose regimen of 10 micrograms — about a third the dosage used for teens and adults — administered three weeks apart.

A smaller dose of Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is safe and generates a “robust” immune response in a clinical trial of kids ages 5 to 11, the drugmakers announced Monday.

The news couldn’t come any sooner for parents anxious to get their children vaccinated as kids start the new school year with the delta variant surging across America. Children’s Covid cases remain disturbingly high with 243,000 new infections during the week ended Sept. 9. — the second-highest number of kids’ cases since the beginning of the pandemic, according to the most recent data from the American Academy of Pediatrics.

The data, which included more than 2,200 children, will be submitted to the Food and Drug Administration and other health regulators “as soon as possible,” the companies said. Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said last week the company could submit data on children ages 5 to 11 by the end of this month. If the FDA spends as much time reviewing the data for that age group as it did for 12- to 15-year-olds, the shots could be available in time for Halloween.

• Like 3

Our middle kid turned 12 on Saturday and is getting his shot tomorrow. Our youngest just turned ten and was kinda sad that it will be “2 more years for me”. She was very excited to hear it may be before Halloween :) 

It continues to amaze me that my kids understand that the risk to themselves is low, but they need to be vaccinated for the sake of others…and a ton of grown people refuse that notion in their own lives.

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Our middle kid turned 12 on Saturday and is getting his shot tomorrow. Our youngest just turned ten and was kinda sad that it will be “2 more years for me”. She was very excited to hear it may be before Halloween :) 

It continues to amaze me that my kids understand that the risk to themselves is low, but they need to be vaccinated for the sake of others…and a ton of grown people refuse that notion in their own lives.

That just means you don't suck as a parent. Or at least your wife doesn't. You're batting at least .500 on good parenting.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

That just means you don't suck as a parent. Or at least your wife doesn't. You're batting at least .500 on good parenting.

I give all credit to my wife. She is a phenomenal mother ❤️

My buddy in Jacksonville just told me a co-worker of his died of Covid over the weekend. Guy went into the hospital three weeks ago and never came home. The sad part is he said the last conversation he had with the guy was about getting vaccinated and the guy told him he and his wife wouldn't and cited a bunch of misinformational videos on youtube and face book. Three weeks later and the guy is dead leaving behind a grieving wife and kids :|

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My buddy in Jacksonville just told me a co-worker of his died of Covid over the weekend. Guy went into the hospital three weeks ago and never came home. The sad part is he said the last conversation he had with the guy was about getting vaccinated and the guy told him he and his wife wouldn't and cited a bunch of misinformational videos on youtube and face book. Three weeks later and the guy is dead leaving behind a grieving wife and kids :|

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The whole Herman Cain award thing is beyond tacky and beneath us. You can note a person made a poor decision without mocking people for dying as a result.

There are people here that actually enjoy to see that stupid people have died. Best you make peace with that fact. 

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The whole Herman Cain award thing is beyond tacky and beneath us. You can note a person made a poor decision without mocking people for dying as a result.

Seriously... my reaction when my buddy told me was just sadness becuase the guy died for no reason at all. These are real people and REAL deaths at the end of the day and at some point people should just chill the fuck out and not say anything if they don't haven anything constructive to say.

It's getting hard to really have sympathy for those that put a culture war ahead of their own health. When you keep telling someone that running through traffic is going to lead to them eventually getting hit by a car and they tell you to shut the ***k up. You eventually just get numb to watching them run out and get hit by the #10 bus. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel for the kids that get caught up in the middle of this and have no option/choice on the horrible life choices their parents end up making. There is going to be a large generation of kids that will grow up with no parents over all this. 

30 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They aren't just stupid but usually but despicable people on multiple fronts. Like wanting to put Dr. Fauci in prison, comparing vaccination passports to the holocaust, and threatening to shoot people who ask for their vaccination status. Not to mention all the racism, homophobia and transphobia (If Bruce Jenner can identify as female I can identify as vaccinated). They just happen to all be conservative and religious.

Fuck those people and I'll thoroughly enjoy them dying due to their own awfulness. 

11 minutes ago, chakoo said:

It's getting hard to really have sympathy for those that put a culture war ahead of their own health. When you keep telling someone that running through traffic is going to lead to them eventually getting hit by a car and they tell you to shut the ***k up. You eventually just get numb to watching them run out and get hit by the #10 bus. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel for the kids that get caught up in the middle of this and have no option/choice on the horrible life choices their parents end up making. There is going to be a large generation of kids that will grow up with no parents over all this. 

Who in reality is on the receiving end of the ridicule? The dead person, or their grieving family members?

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Who in reality is on the receiving end of the ridicule? The dead person, or their grieving family members?

Others who are looking to follow the same path as the one who died. Unless the deceased's family is out there trying to politicize their death, we're not out there contacting them to laugh at their new situation.

And if you wonder, yes I would chew someone in my family out if they put someone else in the family in harm's way over covid. Luckily my conservative parents were smart enough to take covid seriously and get vaccinated as soon as they were allowed to.

There’s also a huge difference between saying “that person died because they were dumb; I feel nothing for them because their willful ignorance has left me numb” and “that dumbass got what they deserved hahahaha.” Like fine have no sympathy, but don’t be bloodthirsty about it. I dunno!

• Like 1

Just now, Joe said:

There’s also a huge difference between saying “that person died because they were dumb; I feel nothing for them because their willful ignorance has left me numb” and “that dumbass got what they deserved hahahaha.” Like fine have no sympathy, but don’t be bloodthirsty about it. I dunno!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

I agree. I understand wanting to feel some sort of pleasure/bloodlust as a form of release from the numbness, but the numbness/apathy at these deaths is the better feeling.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I've looked at a few of those HCA posts, and one common theme is how badly their churches failed them. Not one pastor thought of the parable of the drowning man? They'd rather score political points than save their own flock. 

I've seen this first hand. 

Churches don't even have to be militantly anti-vaccine to do harm... They can just not say anything about it or treat this whole thing as temporary and still do just as much harm. By not speaking out, it allows this space for all the other anti-vax stuff to grow. 

I will link to the hermancainaward subreddit on Facebook threads at times, when people claim the virus is fake, or overblown, or that vaccines are more dangerous than the virus.  I hope that at least one person in those threads clicks the link, reads the horror stories on that subreddit, and changes their minds.  There have been a few success stories posted on the HCA, where the subreddit legitimately got people to take the virus seriously and get vaccinated.

The feelings I'm about to express, in reality, are only truly felt by me maybe 10% of the time. So keep that in mind as I say some awful things.

I understand the blood lust. I live in a very conservative area where at least half the population is not vaccinated. I see anti vaccine demonstrators with some frequency on the corner of our busiest intersection. Some bitch coughed in my cousin's face at the hardware store because she and her children were wearing masks. My MIL is severely immunocompromised due to ongoing chemotherapy. I worry about having to go the hospital and not receiving treatment because of ICU beds that are full. I would like life to return to somewhat normal, which it could do if these fucking fucks would get vaccinated.

But I moved on from apathy to blood lust when my kids were infected again. Even though we're careful. This could be lethal to my MIL who is now coming to live with us due to her financial situation and medical treatment. When HCA awards are doled out, it is one less person that could potentially infect. One less propagandized fuck twit spreading mental poison on social media. One less selfish dick cheese touching shit I need at the grocery store.

Fuck 'em. I'm out of fucks to give. 10% of the time at any rate. They replenish with sleep but I'm always fresh out by bed time. Today I ran out around 12PM.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1