~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

If this was anyone else than someone famous on twitter spouting this bullshit, it would be ignored. But because this person influences her drones of followers we need to waste government resources on this. What if next week Taylor Swift tweets out that a friend of a friend's great aunt got a pimple on their forehead after getting vaccinated? This country is so fucked beyond repair.  

1 hour ago, Littleronin said:

If this was anyone else than someone famous on twitter spouting this bullshit, it would be ignored. But because this person influences her drones of followers we need to waste government resources on this. What if next week Taylor Swift tweets out that a friend of a friend's great aunt got a pimple on their forehead after getting vaccinated? This country is so fucked beyond repair.  

I'm pretty sure that the minister is very much over-exaggerating exactly how much time was spent in the attempt to verify this claim.

Knowing how Trinidadians operate, all he did was probably make a call to the chief doctor at Port-of-Spain General Hospital and say, "All yuh admitted anyone with swollen balls from the vaccine? No?  Dat's what I thought.  This stupid Minaj bitch causing all sorts of problems. We never letting her back in de country ever again."

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Just got my second shot. I got a protractor, compass, and a tape measure. After a few pricks, I have successfully mapped the circumference and displacement of my balls. I shall keep you all abreast of any changes to my sack size.

Going to have to see photographic proof to document this.

18 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm pretty sure that the minister is very much over-exaggerating exactly how much time was spent in the attempt to verify this claim.

Knowing how Trinidadians operate, all he did was probably make a call to the chief doctor at Port-of-Spain General Hospital and say, "All yuh admitted anyone with swollen balls from the vaccine? No?  Dat's what I thought.  This stupid Minaj bitch causing all sorts of problems. We never letting her back in de country ever again."

The simple fact that it required any sort of government response is too damn much. Also fuck religion. 

GGHSAHG4BNHVDG7OLBXJRQTTEQ.JPG&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

The pastor is a 29-year-old small-business owner running in the Republican primary challenge to Sen. James Lankford (Okla.) in 2022.

• Guillotine 3

The order will also recommend, but not require, venues to check the vaccine status of customers who choose to sit indoors at restaurants.

Given that the vast majority of bars in Los Angeles have food I assume this means they're regulated as restaurants? If that's right then this sure seems pointless with it not applying to restaurants.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscpr-brightspot.s3.ama
LAIST.COM

The new requirement will take effect in October. It comes with a timeline for people to get their shots. You'll need to have at least one dose by Oct. 7 and your second dose by Nov. 4.

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

Given that the vast majority of bars in Los Angeles have food I assume this means they're regulated as restaurants? If that's right then this sure seems pointless with it not applying to restaurants.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscpr-brightspot.s3.ama
LAIST.COM

The new requirement will take effect in October. It comes with a timeline for people to get their shots. You'll need to have at least one dose by Oct. 7 and your second dose by Nov. 4.

Clubs definitely don't serve food, but it wouldn't surprise me if they start offering 10 dollar peanuts now. 

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

Pretty sure in another posted tweet she mention she is already vaxxed.

I can't believe I've spent even a second thinking about any of this nonsense... but I believe she said that she was planning on getting vaxed, but was not yet.

Anyway, people are nuts. Do you know how flipping easy it is right now to get a vaccine?

When my son turned 12, I found literally 100+ available appointment slots for the first Saturday after his birthday. All within like 2 miles of our house.

It's such a stark contrast to the hoops I had to jump through to get a shot in March... which, ironically it turns out that being on the leading edge of being vaccines was probably not the best choice, since the protection against infection wanes as time goes on and now that delta is here in full force, my antibodies are wearing off....

Oh well, I'm still protected against serious cases and still made the best choice I could at the time with the available info. No regrets.

Well, Alberta and Saskatchewan have now both announced mask mandates as well as vaccine mandates/passports. This leaves PEI as the sole Canadian province without vaccine requirements to access businesses, events, etc (in some form or another).

It's too late for SK and AB (who will likely see a partially healthcare collapse in the coming weeks), but that's what Canada gets for electing conservative premiers across the nation.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Well, Alberta and Saskatchewan have now both announced mask mandates as well as vaccine mandates/passports. This leaves PEI as the sole Canadian province without vaccine requirements to access businesses, events, etc (in some form or another).

It's too late for SK and AB (who will likely see a partially healthcare collapse in the coming weeks), but that's what Canada gets for electing conservative premiers across the nation.

Not to go easy on AB but it's just electing shit Premiers period. BC's NDP have been just as awful. It's kind of astonishing that Ford with all his horrible mistakes for the 3rd wave that our 4th wave has been ok without being a cluster ***k (probably because ford went slow on rolling things back and went into hiding).

2 hours ago, Firewithin said:

From the actual story...

Kimball went on to suggest that Tampa General was “not a safe place to go,” repeating a pervasive myth that the life-saving treatment at hospitals was the cause of many recent coronavirus deaths. Two days after Prentice’s death, Kimball called for an investigation into Tampa General during the public comment period of the Tampa City Council meeting and accused the hospital of “intubating people illegally.”

The remarks from Kimball earned a strong rebuke from members of the Tampa City Council who swiftly defended the hospital as a world-class medical institution. John Dingfelder called Kimball’s comments “very dangerous.” Charlie Miranda and Orlando Gudes both said they received outstanding treatment at Tampa General Hospital when they contracted the virus.

So I'm thinking...maybe Dems should start talking about how everyone should really trust their local hospitals because they are absolutely doing everything they can to save lives and that any conspiracies to the contrary are absolutely false.