~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

2 hours ago, Joe said:

I feel like the fact that the two US officials involved in the study are the FDA officials that quit is a pretty huge story that is hidden in most of the articles I have read today.

Reading about it it seems like the resignees are mostly pissed off that Biden won't listen to them that the doses used as boosters would be better used getting the initial vaccination up worldwide...which is probably right, but outside of their purview as FDA officials.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

A friend from highschool had their boss die of covid. I checked out their Facebook page and sure enough was sharing vaccine misinformation. Another preventable death.

She was in the hospital for more than a month before dieing. 

Saddling the family with huge pile of medical bills no doubt.  

But no, a 100% free vaccine would have been too much a burden.  Let's bankrupt the family instead. 

24 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Saddling the family with huge pile of medical bills no doubt.  

But no, a 100% free vaccine would have been too much a burden.  Let's bankrupt the family instead. 

They've been having some fundraisers and everything so they might, MIGHT, be ok. Or at least not as bad. Only in the comments to the event did anyone even suggest having a vaccination drive or anything like that and it wasn't from the organizer

But not everyone is a bar owner or otherwise has a large network to draw help from

The friend that was our source of exposure is doing well, but still 

1. missing a week of work on her dime as her school did not allow the use of sick days for unvaccinated people who got Covid (lol, brutal)

2. had to rent a hotel room for the last 4 nights and counting as her husband couldn’t be in the same house with her for 7 days or negative test date per his companies guidance

3. had a $500 ER copay for when she went in with chest pain 

Soooo easily out $1500 for no good reason. 

Wife is hitting up a rapid test place this afternoon as we are day four post exposure. She has been congested, but there are some other respiratory bugs going around our area right now so who knows

415f2515-917a-456d-a1ee-ea1d09725682-lar
KIMATV.COM

YAKIMA COUNTY -- Covid has already closed one local school this year, and nearly shut down another. "I'm feeling worried. Covid is running rampant around here," says Derrick Piel, a local parent. The Yakama Nation Tribal School started classes back in person exactly a week ago, now the doors are shut for the next two weeks. So far at least 102 cases have been reported in Yakima County schools this year.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"Minecraft Youtuber Bashurverse dies from Covid-19 complications | PC Gamer"

LkW2tXsKmiVfFHPxTAWe8Z-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The streamer had retreated from the limelight following scandal, before returning in recent years.

What a tragic life this guy lived. Abandoned by his biological mother as an infant, criminally charged for sexting a 15 year old when he was 18, became a shut in for nearly a decade before becoming YouTube famous, getting run off the platform when his past resurfaced, and then after digging himself out of another hole and finding a new audience for his streams, dies of Covid in his mid 30s. Brutal.

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

What a tragic life this guy lived. Abandoned by his biological mother as an infant, criminally charged for sexting a 15 year old when he was 18, became a shut in for nearly a decade before becoming YouTube famous, getting run off the platform when his past resurfaced, and then after digging himself out of another hole and finding a new audience for his streams, dies of Covid in his mid 30s. Brutal.

He was definitely dealt a bad hand by the universe.

10 hours ago, heydude93 said:
415f2515-917a-456d-a1ee-ea1d09725682-lar
KIMATV.COM

YAKIMA COUNTY -- Covid has already closed one local school this year, and nearly shut down another. "I'm feeling worried. Covid is running rampant around here," says Derrick Piel, a local parent. The Yakama Nation Tribal School started classes back in person exactly a week ago, now the doors are shut for the next two weeks. So far at least 102 cases have been reported in Yakima County schools this year.

Oh my home town!  (Well, county I guess.)