~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I am fucking mad.

My wife's best friend discovered concerning lumps in her neck a few months ago (thyroid area). She had an ultrasound done, and was scheduled for a biopsy. The biopsy has been delayed multiple times due to the pandemic eating up our health resources. This week she has lost 9 pounds, and was told her biopsy is being cancelled until further notice (today the province put on hold all non-critical procedures due to our ICUs being full, and a shortage of hospital staff). There is a good chance she has thyroid cancer, which is generally treatable if found early, but nothing is being done because she can't prove she has cancer due to a total shutdown of testing.

Fuck all these anti-vaxxers. She is looking into private options, but I don't think there are any private biopsy options in our province. I will never associate with any anti-vaxxers or anti-maskers again in my life. They are scum who don't deserve medical treatment after the harm they have caused everyone else.

• Sad 9

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I am fucking mad.

My wife's best friend discovered concerning lumps in her neck a few months ago (thyroid area). She had an ultrasound done, and was scheduled for a biopsy. The biopsy has been delayed multiple times due to the pandemic eating up our health resources. This week she has lost 9 pounds, and was told her biopsy is being cancelled until further notice (today the province put on hold all non-critical procedures due to our ICUs being full, and a shortage of hospital staff). There is a good chance she has thyroid cancer, which is generally treatable if found early, but nothing is being done because she can't prove she has cancer due to a total shutdown of testing.

Fuck all these anti-vaxxers. She is looking into private options, but I don't think there are any private biopsy options in our province. I will never associate with any anti-vaxxers or anti-maskers again in my life. They are scum who don't deserve medical treatment after the harm they have caused everyone else.

Go to Mexico, not kidding. That's now they diagnosed my mom's thyroid cancer. 

12 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Just noticed the user profiles display in posts are much more minimalistic now. Only a simplified post count displayed?

Yes, that was one of the changes in the recent update, along with removing the Reputation Points total under the User avatar.

I -- and several other IP Boards users -- have made out feelings about these changes to the developers.

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:
GGF544HPPRK2VLHWSNEWYFYVKQ.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Top U.S. health officials believe that Pfizer Inc's COVID-19 vaccine could be authorized for children aged 5-11 years old by the end of October, two sources familiar with the situation...

Inject this shit into my 5 year olds arms

Was talking with a friend who is like an unofficial little sister to my wife and I that I knew was unvaccinated. We have talked about it several times over the last few months and she was pretty hesitant to get it.

Last night I cornered her after our kickball game and was like “tell me why you haven’t been vaccinated?” and she eventually got to the point where she said she never gets sick, so her immune system is really good, and it’s been a year and a half and she hasn’t caught it, and so on, so she just doesn’t think she will catch it.

10 minutes ago she called to tell me that she started feeling bad with a sore throat at 3am, so she went to the urgent care this morning to get checked out.

Strep, negative

Flu, negative

Covid, positive

She is a pre-school teacher, so I’m sure she has been spreading it around to those kids the last day or so 😬

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Was talking with a friend who is like an unofficial little sister to my wife and I that I knew was unvaccinated. We have talked about it several times over the last few months and she was pretty hesitant to get it.

Last night I cornered her after our kickball game and was like “tell me why you haven’t been vaccinated?” and she eventually got to the point where she said she never gets sick, so her immune system is really good, and it’s been a year and a half and she hasn’t caught it, and so on, so she just doesn’t think she will catch it.

10 minutes ago she called to tell me that she started feeling bad with a sore throat at 3am, so she went to the urgent care this morning to get checked out.

Strep, negative

Flu, negative

Covid, positive

She is a pre-school teacher, so I’m sure she has been spreading it around to those kids the last day or so 😬

My wife has a friend who is very anti-vaccine (and mask).  Their entire family started to feel "unwell" on Thursday, but she still sent her kids to school the next day.  My wife asked if she was going to get everyone tested, but they didn't plan on doing it until Saturday (today).  

• Guillotine 1

One of my professors from college has been going off about how these vaccine mandates go against the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the vaccines have too many risks, and rounding up Japanese in internment camps during WWII seemed like a good idea at the time, and other bullshit. Fucking moron. She was always a bit weird. 

I was just thinking that mandate about companies with 100+ employees is going to be a nightmare to enforce. It's an OSHA thing, right? So the only way it gets enforced is if employees report their bosses for not following protocol. That's a tricky situation in the best of times.

I'm also getting tired of vaccine "hesitancy." 99% of us have had all kinds of vaccines. You got your MMR vaccine when you were an infant. In Oregon, you have to get shots for diptheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, varicella, and hepatitis I think at the very latest before middle school. If you go into the military, fuck you they just stick you with a little bit of everything, they don't even tell you what it is half the time. No one ever cared.

It's so exhausting I kind of start to feel out of breath when I think about it too much. Which is kind of ironic.

1 minute ago, Fizzzzle said:

I was just thinking that mandate about companies with 100+ employees is going to be a nightmare to enforce. It's an OSHA thing, right? So the only way it gets enforced is if employees report their bosses for not following protocol. That's a tricky situation in the best of times.

I'm also getting tired of vaccine "hesitancy." 99% of us have had all kinds of vaccines. You got your MMR vaccine when you were an infant. In Oregon, you have to get shots for diptheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, varicella, and hepatitis I think at the very latest before middle school. If you go into the military, fuck you they just stick you with a little bit of everything, they don't even tell you what it is half the time. No one ever cared.

It's so exhausting I kind of start to feel out of breath when I think about it too much. Which is kind of ironic.

And OSHA can only issue monetary fines as far as I'm aware.  OSHA doesn't criminally charge companies that violate these regulations. But at ~$13k per violation, that is a good motivator for a company to enact the mandate or compulsory testing.  Since the testing is likely on the company's dime, I'm sure many companies will be more than happy to tell their employees to go get the FREE vaccine and be done with it.