~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Is there any initial data suggesting such long term negative outcomes for juvenile Covid patients? We should now have data on kids post infection by over a year, so I would be surprised if there weren’t some indicators of long term I’ll effects already.

It isn’t a subject I’ve really looked into at this point. Our kids aren’t in public school and the vast majority of their time is spent with vaccinated adults or other low transmission risk kids (either on account of vaccination status or simply due to lifestyle choices).

pmc-logo-share.png?_=0
WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

Almost half of children who contract covid-19 may have lasting symptoms, which should factor into decisions on reopening schools, reports Helen Thomson

mother_taking_daughters_temp.jpg?itok=kN
WWW.CIDRAP.UMN.EDU

UK data show less than 1 in 20 kids with COVID-19 have symptoms that persist for longer than 4 weeks.

in short: who knows?!

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Speaking of leaded gasoline...

1610d6cb7056a72ee6e03d2b47b7432d.jpg
GIZMODO.COM

The announcement marks the end of a decades-long fight against a deadly decision made by the automobile industry 100 years ago.

Cool, so we've found something else to spread the side effects instead; and just in time, too.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Speaking of leaded gasoline...

1610d6cb7056a72ee6e03d2b47b7432d.jpg
GIZMODO.COM

The announcement marks the end of a decades-long fight against a deadly decision made by the automobile industry 100 years ago.

Kind of a terrible headline given that the article even mentions that aviation still uses leaded gas.

2 hours ago, Firewithin said:

What the liberal elite don't get is that it's natural for our nations beautiful rural folk to have tiny, shrunken castrati balls. The mainstream media doesn't want real Americans to know that if you put your laptop directly on your bare balls it will fry the 5G circuitry from the devil's vaccine.

• Shocked 1

The district my wife works in is being forced by the county and the state to mask. There is now over 900 "exclusions" within the district. Parents of course are tossing a hissy and my wife is now worried about going in due to threats being lobbed at the schools. This is from a county that in the last week has had 4 COVID deaths and a hospital that is over-capacity. This same county has not had more than 1 death in a weeks time period. 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:
210908-patton-oswalt-jm-0858.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The comedian and actor said the venues would not agree with his requests that attendees show proof of full vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test.

LOL that main headline definitely had me thinking he was a chud for a hot second there. 

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
210908-patton-oswalt-jm-0858.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The comedian and actor said the venues would not agree with his requests that attendees show proof of full vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

LOL that main headline definitely had me thinking he was a chud for a hot second there. 

Yeah really.

Dumb old bitch 

210908184849-03-st-claire-hospital-kentu
WWW.CNN.COM

St. Clair Regional Medical Center is the biggest facility providing healthcare to eleven counties in rural northeastern Kentucky.

"With the grace of God, he is who brought me here. God has brought me where I am right now, and I praise him," she said in her hospital bed through tears, adding that she hopes the message people get from her story is not to get the vaccine, but to know "there's a God, and without him I would not be here today."

My wife just told me that her friend got sent home from work today because she continues to refuse to be vaccinated, being the lone hold out in the office. She is definitely in the actually afraid if the vaccine camp. A real shame so many have been deceived to the degree that they are risking their health, their livelihoods, and relationships with friends and family.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My wife just told me that her friend got sent home from work today because she continues to refuse to be vaccinated, being the lone hold out in the office. She is definitely in the actually afraid if the vaccine camp. A real shame so many have been deceived to the degree that they are risking their health, their livelihoods, and relationships with friends and family.

Tell her she's about to lose a friend too for being a dumb fuck. 

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Send her a link to the https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

I've seen it sober up some anti-vax people. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Anyone freaked out over mRNA vaccines because of Facebook disinformation can just go get a J&J vaccine and avoid all of it. It's "super weird" how so much of the anti-vax nonsense out there just pretends the J&J vaccine doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Does that include the military?

Military subreddit threads about the mandate have been a blast to read. Military regulations are pretty air tight, especially the religious exemption where you can get in deep shit if you lie. Commander's options range from Other than Honorable Discharge, all the way to Court Martial or forcible vaccination (2 MPs hold you down while a military doctor vaccinates you).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Anyone freaked out over mRNA vaccines because of Facebook disinformation can just go get a J&J vaccine and avoid all of it. It's "super weird" how so much of the anti-vax nonsense out there just pretends the J&J vaccine doesn't exist.

They are anti-vax so they should take a vaccine? Isn't that what they are against?