~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Looks like there are a bunch of Massachusetts school districts that are planning to ignore the order to not offer any remote learning this coming school year.

remote.jpg?w=1024
BOSTON.CBSLOCAL.COM

Thirteen districts applied to the state to start remote learning academies. Seven will welcome students this fall.

Sounds like they're getting around the no remote order by opening new "schools" that are fully remote that any parent can send their kids to.

Nearly 300 students and staff are out at my wife's district. Someone did the numbers and that is almost 20% of the total district. Of course what is the district doing? Doubling down on not requiring mask (against the state mandate that is there are 2 positives in a 14 period that masks are required) and telling parents it is ok to not test their child if they are sent home. My wife is currently awaiting results of tests as she had to go to the doctor's today due to her asthma and the wildfire smoke in the air. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Littleronin said:

Nearly 300 students and staff are out at my wife's district. Someone did the numbers and that is almost 20% of the total district. Of course what is the district doing? Doubling down on not requiring mask (against the state mandate that is there are 2 positives in a 14 period that masks are required) and telling parents it is ok to not test their child if they are sent home. My wife is currently awaiting results of tests as she had to go to the doctor's today due to her asthma and the wildfire smoke in the air. 

Clark County School District seems to be enforcing the mandate alright - at least what I've been able to see from our daughter's elementary school. For the first few weeks of class, we've gotten a few COVID notifications from the principal, but they are generic.  When there is a close contact, they reach out directly to the affected parents and have the close contacts isolate. 

@mclumber1The rurals are just being horrid. Part of me feels sad, but this is what they want so my sympathy for when they turn around like they are doing right now and bitching that the district didn't do enough to protect their child(ren) is almost not there. I do feel sorry for the children that are being used as pawns from their parents brainwashing by the anti-vax/anti-mask social commentary going on. I feel sorry for the teens that want a vax I have seen in the town, but their parents won't sign off on it. I feel bad for the kids like the student in my wife's class that want everyone to be safe but are threatened with punishment by the parents if they wear a mask.  In the case of Elko county I feel for the board members and staff that want to keep kids safe but where driven out by threats. 

4 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

54 year old man gonna have a Real Bad Time

I admit I laughed when I saw this, but I really, really wish that this wasn't newsworthy. I truly wonder how much momentum the idiotic ivermectin train gains just by being in the news so much. 

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

The thing that stands out here is how many new infections we are seeing with delta in places that have had very sizable infection numbers as a percentage and significant vaccine uptake. Delta will find the unvaccinated due primarily to the much longer lag time between contagious infections and the onset of symptoms, even as immunity in a given region increases ☹️

So sad that we have so many refusing the thing that gets us past this and will save many lives.

12 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

54 year old man gonna have a Real Bad Time

I can no longer say Joe Rogan never gave me a genuine laugh (hope he doesn't die of course, etc)

edit: I really don't!  :p I just want him to be too violently ill to do podcasts for a few years

• Haha 1

OH GOD, YES!  

THIS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO HAVE EVEN GREATER COMEDY VALUE THAN THE HORSE PASTE!

"Brazilian viper venom may become tool in fight against COVID, study shows | Reuters"

CQPAWEKZVVMRTJUOXSLFFLBQFI.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Brazilian researchers have found that a molecule in the venom of a type of snake inhibited coronavirus reproduction in monkey cells, a possible first step toward a drug to combat the virus causing COVID-19.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha 4

Ok guys I went to the exotic pet store and was able to buy a baby rattle snake (assholes wouldn't sell me an adult, smh).  I guess I have to wait a few months before I can milk it.  My question is, is rattle snake venom as effective as viper venom at curing the chinavirus?  I ask because my uncle ended up in the hospital with COVID despite microdosing rattle snake venom for 2 weeks after getting the virus.  Another question, should I take it orally or via eyedrops?  Is venom best with zinc and vitamin C? I plan giving my entire family venom as soon as the snake reaches maturity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Ok guys I went to the exotic pet store and was able to buy a baby rattle snake (assholes wouldn't sell me an adult, smh).  I guess I have to wait a few months before I can milk it.  My question is, is rattle snake venom as effective as viper venom at curing the chinavirus?  I ask because my uncle ended up in the hospital with COVID despite microdosing rattle snake venom for 2 weeks after getting the virus.  Another question, should I take it orally or via eyedrops?  Is venom best with zinc and vitamin C? I plan giving my entire family venom as soon as the snake reaches maturity. 

You need to double the rattle snake venom, eye drops are the way to go, and you should skip the zinc and shoot for 20,000mg of potassium. Like, a whole bottle of the over-the-counter 99mg pills you can get at CVS.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You need to double the rattle snake venom, eye drops are the way to go, and you should skip the zinc and shoot for 20,000mg of potassium. Like, a whole bottle of the over-the-counter 99mg pills you can get at CVS.

My uncle saw a Facebook post that said I should only consume pure metallic potassium because it's more potent than what you can buy in the drug store.

You cruel bastards.  Is it really so funny? These anti-vaxer conspiracy theorists who willfully contributed/contribute to spreading deadly disease are still humans, regardless of such behaviors. You don't think it's sad they're pwning themselves?  Have you no heart? :cry: 

3 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Joking aside, aren't you still a libertarian? Joe Rogan isn't a thought leader to you?