~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's depressing to realize that the majority of people in the world (including the US and Canada) don't live good lives, and that a large number live horrible lives. Then it's even more depressing to realize that it's probably better now than anytime in history...meaning that the majority of people have lived horrible-to-poor lives in the history of the species.

The more I age, the more of an anti-natalist I become.

The more I age, the more of a natalist I become!

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's depressing to realize that the majority of people in the world (including the US and Canada) don't live good lives, and that a large number live horrible lives. Then it's even more depressing to realize that it's probably better now than anytime in history...meaning that the majority of people have lived horrible-to-poor lives in the history of the species.

We used to have hope for the future. Now captialism has even taken that from us. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

This is some pretty nasty projection

106887881-1621948496177-gettyimages-1319
WWW.CNBC.COM

New data from Israel shows a booster dose provided four times as much protection against infection from the delta variant than the previous two-dose regimen.

National Institutes of Health Director Dr. Francis Collins last week said data released by Israel on the effectiveness of Covid-19 vaccines over time was prompting U.S. health leaders to rethink their position on vaccine booster shots. Israel released new data on Aug. 16 showing a reduction in the effectiveness of Pfizer’s Covid vaccine against severe illness among people 65 and older who were fully vaccinated in January or February.

Israel released more data Sunday showing a booster dose provided four times as much protection against infection from the delta variant than the previous two-dose regimen in people 60 and older, Reuters reported, citing data from the Ministry of Health of Israel. The booster dose also provided five to six times more efficacy in preventing hospitalization or serious illness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, mrbiggsly said:

I didn't really feel any side effects from either of my vaccines. Hopefully I get some of that sweet vaccine sick time off if they let me get a booster

Sorry, you got the placebo 😬

Thinkin I am about to lose my job

My boss sent out an email this evening.

Reminding everyone that in 6 weeks we are starting a job at a GSA site. A team member then replied to all saying " you will not be allowed on site with out your vaccination card in hand, no pictures or photocopies allowed"

My boss replied " employees who are vaccinated are being asked to pick up the slack for those who have chosen not to until further notice"

I replied all " When the time comes for that , save yourself the hassle of asking and just hand me my last check"

I forwarded the email to his boss and the VP

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Thinkin I am about to lose my job

My boss sent out an email this evening.

Reminding everyone that in 6 weeks we are starting a job at a GSA site. A team member then replied to all saying " you will not be allowed on site with out your vaccination card in hand, no pictures or photocopies allowed"

My boss replied " employees who are vaccinated are being asked to pick up the slack for those who have chosen not to until further notice"

I replied all " When the time comes for that , save yourself the hassle of asking and just hand me my last check"

I forwarded the email to his boss and the VP

I don't get it - you are vaccinated but you're going to refuse to work?

Just now, mclumber1 said:

Salary or hourly?

Hourly

Just now, mclumber1 said:

If you are hourly, it sounds like you could make a pretty penny

Dont care cause I dont need it

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

The company should consider just firing the employees who refuse to vaccinate.  

Seems more reasonable then punishing those that did 

23 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Salary or hourly?  If you are hourly, it sounds like you could make a pretty penny. 

The company should consider just firing the employees who refuse to vaccinate.  

The fact that the company is instead just going to overload the responsible employees is a sign that it's a shit company. Wouldn't shock me if the manager is antivax if they're pulling this shit.