~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

As for me, I'm only concerned about the virus on my 5 year old. The newborn likely has antibodies thankfully (her mother was vaccinated in the second trimester, and that's when women I've read in a couple studies got theirs as well), but the older one is starting kindergarten and when sick is an absolute nightmare. Won't take medicine at all, no matter what, never has done so even as an infant. As an example, last April she got strep or something similar that can be treated with antibiotics (was tested to be this, so to wasn't covid). Anyway, instead of taking the bubblegum flavored antibiotics, she opted to take a shot with a needle in her backside of some antibiotic. And she did so with no fuss! Another time she had a high enough fever that we had to go to the ER, and it took myself and three nurses to force some Tylenol down her throat. I absolutely do not want her to get sick because managing a fever with this little asshole (who I love dearly) is damn near impossible.

• Like 1

An irresponsible oaf, and I can't stand how many people (including many young people) think of him as a great interviewer, and better than journalists because he'll let anyone on to discuss stuff instead of shutting people up or ignoring them. 

On 8/8/2021 at 2:46 AM, CitizenVectron said:

Spotify needs to fire him.

Spotify has no piwer over him, its just its a licensing deal. He talked about it before, they paid him to exclusively have the show on spotify, but he completely owns it, and its content. And apparently, if they break that contract, he gets the balance and can take his show wherever he wants.

That's why spotify hasn't done anything, his contract says they can't, he wouldn't give up creative control (which was pretty damn start on his part). 

Now that everything is ok, I'm ready to share. My parents have been fully vaxxed (Pfizer) since spring but still caught it. My mom had a light case but my dad (in his 70s with numerous health issues) developed pneumonia. He spent a week in the hospital but is now home and recovered! His doctor said if he wasn't vaccinated he most likely would have died. The doc said that there were many other covid cases that were much worse off than my dad. In fact, at first they didn't think they would even have a bed for him and that he would have to transfer to a hospital two hours away. Luckily they had a bed, and thank the good fucking lord for vaccines. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

Now that everything is ok, I'm ready to share. My parents have been fully vaxxed (Pfizer) since spring but still caught it. My mom had a light case but my dad (in his 70s with numerous health issues) developed pneumonia. He spent a week in the hospital but is now home and recovered! His doctor said if he wasn't vaccinated he most likely would have died. The doc said that there were many other covid cases that were much worse off than my dad. In fact, at first they didn't think they would even have a bed for him and that he would have to transfer to a hospital two hours away. Luckily they had a bed, and thank the good fucking lord for vaccines. 

So happy to hear he is OK. This is exactly the sort of story that upsets me when I talk to people who won’t get vaccinated because they probably will be fine. But what about those who even with a vax end up having a rough time or possibly even dying? It is also why despite the seeming futility I still make an effort everyday to talk to an unvaccinated person to try and persuade them to do the right thing.