~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I keep seeing the “I’m not anti-vaxx, I’m just not trusting a vaccine that was made in months” crowds now asking why the White House doesn’t instead promote healthy living, like telling people to eat better.

It’s like they forgot that Michelle Obama was called an orangutan for even ATTEMPTING to give kids healthy lunches at school. 

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:
image.png?width=1200&coordinates=0%2C0%2
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Vaccine skeptics and anti-maskers are instead sucking down horse paste — the latest snake-oil "miracle cure" — once they become sick with COVID-19, resulting in...

Somehow this took off in Canada before the US (I posted about it a few weeks ago), but it's being eaten up (literally) by the MAGA base.

Taking horse drugs to cure a hoax to own the libs. 

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I keep seeing the “I’m not anti-vaxx, I’m just not trusting a vaccine that was made in months” crowds now asking why the White House doesn’t instead promote healthy living, like telling people to eat better.

It’s like they forgot that Michelle Obama was called an orangutan for even ATTEMPTING to give kids healthy lunches at school. 

I've seen that too and thought the same exact thing. 

4 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I'm pretty sure there's a big overlap between those two groups.

13 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Lets not pretend here, Michelle Obama was called an orangutan because she's black.  Because this is fucking America.

Looks like I’m going for my first ever COVID test on Monday. I’ve been sneezing like crazy lately and I thought it was allergies. But today I read that excessive sneezing is common in breakthrough Delta cases. My wife has also been sneezing a lot and she’s pregnant so better to be safe than sorry and get us both tested.

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

Looks like I’m going for my first ever COVID test on Monday. I’ve been sneezing like crazy lately and I thought it was allergies. But today I read that excessive sneezing is common in breakthrough Delta cases. My wife has also been sneezing a lot and she’s pregnant so better to be safe than sorry and get us both tested.

Nice sex brag

41 minutes ago, Joe said:

See this is the type of shit my girlfriend absolutely cannot read, because she is a hypochondriac and already sneezes a lot (like, up to four or five times in a row). And even though she was like that pre-COVID, BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

26 minutes ago, Chris- said:

See this is the type of shit my girlfriend absolutely cannot read, because she is a hypochondriac and already sneezes a lot (like, up to four or five times in a row). And even though she was like that pre-COVID, BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

Same with me on being a hypochondriac and sneezing a lot. We’re almost definitely fine, but I’m being precautious because of the wife.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

It's not as unpleasant as it looks.

1 hour ago, Jason said:
np_file_104708-870x489.jpeg
WWW.JAPANTIMES.CO.JP

Compared with the conventional strain, the lambda variant may be more infectious and have stronger resistance to vaccines.

Well hopefully it just stays in Japan. The Japanese seem pretty good at keeping things isola...what's that? The Olympics are going on in Japan? We're all fucked. 

Not for debate purposes, but I’m curious about how people are feeling about their personal or family situation at this point in the pandemic? 

My feeling now with vaccination overall where it is at, and being moderna’d myself, that the risks are low enough that it isn’t something I don’t have any real concern about on a personal level.

I do have concern for some of the older folks in my life who are now at risk again due to irresponsible folks not getting vaccinated.

I’m ok with it myself being fully mixed mRNA vaccinated, but slight worry with new mutations. My mom always worries because of the spread out of our family, from my sister and the kids nearby (more for the kids, same here since both under 12) To my brother some 2.5hrs away with his 5m old daughter. Overall she feels good for herself with her mixed Astra Zeneca and Moderna vaccines. Only my sister was fully Moderna and so she feels pretty protected, but again worry of the mutations. I also think we’re never gonna get out of this shit if these fucking idiots just stopped being wuss and get the ducking shot. You could draft people against their will for war but can’t force them to take this.

oh I forgot one thing. I really truly hope they figure out the long hauler stuff too, because my shots haven’t taken my nausea, headache and other shit away yet. Kind of a bad week this past week itself for myself and my mom. The real weird but kinda funny thing is that I always seem to be a day ahead of my mom on symptoms. So I’m pretty much describing her how shitty of a day she’ll be getting into, and sure enough I’m right.

I have absolutely zero concerns for myself though I still wear my mask even in places where it's not required because I have come to GENUINELY ENJOY wearing it!  I FREAKIN' LOVE the idea of not exposing most of my face to the rest of the world!  I'm gonna keep wearing masks until I die!

Naturally I do have some concern for my fully-vaccinated mother in Florida, but she has changed NOTHING about her mask-wearing/social distancing routine at all, so I'm relatively certain she'll be fine.  In fact, she's kinda/sorta pleased at what's happening in Florida because in her words "Those Trump/DeSantis voters are getting what they deserve.  Let them all perish."  My sister is also maintaining a strict mask-wearing/social distancing regimen as well.

So, those are the only humans in my life that I well and truly give a damn about, so things are looking great!

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Not for debate purposes, but I’m curious about how people are feeling about their personal or family situation at this point in the pandemic? 

My feeling now with vaccination overall where it is at, and being moderna’d myself, that the risks are low enough that it isn’t something I don’t have any real concern about on a personal level.

I do have concern for some of the older folks in my life who are now at risk again due to irresponsible folks not getting vaccinated.

With my wife getting the J&J and subsequently getting infected (probably with the delta variant) as well as my unvaccinated 10 year old daughter, I think our family is pretty safe at this point.  And since I never was infected from either of them despite being in close contact the entire time, the Moderna vaccine was extremely effective for me. 

My wife is still very much concerned though.  She has pre-existing conditions that could make a bad COVID infection even worse, so she still wants to be extremely careful.  Our daughter who can't be vaccinated anyways, is beyond carefree at this point, considering she has the antibodies. 

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I was feeling fine until some dip knob mentioned excessive sneezing as a symptom of break thru, I have been sneezing all day.  :cry:

8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I'm more emotionally drained by all of it. I was all excited to get vaccinated and feel really protected. Now I'm seeing headlines saying the delta variant will still get you sick.

Had a friend over last week that I hadn't seen for almost 2 years. He's my age and got Covid about a year ago. For 2 months he said it felt like he was on the verge of a bad cold coming on, but it would just never fully hit him. Lost his taste and smell during that time. The symptoms went away after 2 months but his taste and smell has only now started to return. I don't want to mess with any of that shit. So I'd say I'm feeling uncertain at this point. :/

• Sad 1